010

Hate you, Love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that night, 2 am

“Omg finally done!!” Chorong stretched her body and moved around after staying at the same spot for hours. She lied down on her bed, looking out of the window. She spotted a familiar figure playing basketball: Nam Woohyun.

She was then reminded of their meeting as well as their lunch. Maybe because it’s 2am, she had a lot of thoughts. People do tend to think more at night.

“Woohyun.” She called out his name. He could recognise that it’s Park Chorong. “Not tired?” Woohyun asked Chorong as she came closer. She shook her head. Woohyun threw the ball in the hoop for the last time and sat down beside her. She then passed him a can of soda.

“About the advertisement… I think that you should have another artist other than me only. I’m not that famous you know… You should get some top idols to do it together with me. I don’t want your business to be ruined because of me. You should have time to do so though… Our advertisement only starts next month...” Chorong told him seriously. Woohyun was taken aback by the sudden ‘business talk’ but he agreed to everything Chorong said. It all made sense to him.

“Playing basketball releases your stress?” Chorong asked, breaking the awkward minute of silence. He nodded while taking the ball from the other side of the court. “Want to try?” He passed Chorong the ball.

She tried it but didn’t get it in. Woohyun started laughing and because of that and so, Chorong started to run after him. “I’m sorry Chorong ahh!!” He ran around the court, avoiding Chorong. He was a much faster runner than Chorong so actually he’s just jogging around the court.

He finally stopped running when he saw that Chorong was quite far away. He waited for her to come to him. He knows that she’ll end up kicking him. Chorong stopped in front of Woohyun with a pouty face.

“Ya! You-AHHH!!” Chorong suddenly got a cramp in her leg. Woohyun supported her so that she wouldn’t fall down. “Next time don’t run if you didn’t stretch properly okay?” Woohyun started speaking like her mother as he helped massage her leg. Her heart raced as she saw he helped her massage. He sure looks much cooler like this…

“I didn’t laugh because you didn’t get in. I laughed because you looked cute.” He spoke softly while he stood up. Chorong heard it but pretended that she didn’t. She was certainly blushing but thanks to the lighting, it’s not obvious. “Let’s go now It’s late.” Woohyun reached out his hand to help her up and walked her back to her own house.

“Bye.”

“Bye. Go sleep now. It’s late. Don’t stay up all night editing your videos.”

But why did she come and tell me that?... Did she hear it?...

 

Earlier in the day

“Here.” He handed over his card to pay for the lunch. “Thanks. You don’t need to actually. I’m not penniless.” Chorong said as she waited for the bills to be settled. “You do look like you’re penniless. That’s why I’m paying.” Woohyun joked like how he did in high school, which earned him a hard smack right on his back.

“You -“ She was cut off because of a clumsy waiter who spilled a cup of soda on her. “Aish…” She softly grumbled as her white shirt is now stained. It’s one of her favourite shirts to be honest. And she’s frustrated about it, although it doesn’t show. “Sorry! I didn’t mean to!” The waiter apologised profusely as she realised that she spilled soda on Chor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter