Six

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jong Kook tosses and turns on his bed. He can’t sleep as he keeps remembering that name that Kwang Soo mentioned back in the gym. The very same name that made everything in his life bitter, made him bitter, made his relationship with Jihyo bitter for the past year. Choi Jin Hyuk.

Before Jihyo got closer to Jin Hyuk, he remembers very well how he actually got mad when she accepted the main role in the TvN drama. He remembers how furious he was to Jihyo, how he screamed at Jihyo’s face, how Jihyo’s eyes look strained and red for crying over him and how his relationship with her have gotten further apart.

He can’t solely blame the man for everything that is happening between him and Jihyo. Jin Hyuk doesn’t know that Jihyo already has someone in her heart but… Jong Kook will forever loathe him for hugging her and kissing her under the rain… When he saw that, he can hear his heart shattered. How Jihyo could do that to him? He had trusted her. He believed that Jihyo only had feelings for him. He couldn’t believe he was wrong about her. So what did he do back then? He cut all communications with Jihyo. Every time Jihyo wanted to talk to him, to explain to him what happened… he pushed her away.

The Running Man members’ took notice how cold Jongkook was towards Jihyo and how Jihyo is at the verge of screaming and crying. They thought Jong Kook is a jerk and a coward. To them, he is a jerk for treating like that with Jihyo, losing his trust to her so easily and a coward for fearing of hearing the truth from Jihyo.

Kwang Soo and Haha, the donsaengs who are closest to Jong Kook have many times tried to persuade him to listen to what Jihyo wanted to say but as usual, he is stubborn.

Jong Kook rubs his face with his hands in frustration. He really regret for what he did to Jihyo back then. He had made Jihyo suffer, so badly. It took him 2 and half months to get it together, to go to Jihyo and the way she looked back then is more heartbreaking. Her eyes have lost its shine, have lost its sparkle. She looked so lost as if she has lost her motivation to live.

As she finally explained it to Jong Kook over what happened on that rainy day, he feel like he should drowned himself in the Pacific Ocean.  He remembered very well of what she said on that day like it was yesterday.

Flashback

“Oppa’, she weakly called Jong Kook. He can’t even look at her in the eye. His guilt will creep up on him if he does.

“Yes?” he tried very hard to being the cold guy. He is this close to hold her in his arms and comfort her but after remembering that rainy day, he couldn’t.

“What you saw that day, it’s not what you think.”

“Then what is it?!” he snapped. She bites her lips and close her eyes, probably trying very hard not to cry.

“He kissed me. I tried to push him away but he wouldn’t let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter