Thirty Two

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[fun fact : this episode where the gif originally came from is the very first running man episode i watched with my roomate and when i watched this scene, i genuinely thought they are a real life couple and i even asked whether they are the monday couple who everyone talks about. my roomate just glared at me and i didn't dare to ask again xD after watching this episode, i immediately shipped them and watch some of the episodes and become an instant fan. although i don't watch the recent episodes anymore, i am still a runner by heart and song ji hyo will forever be my girl crush :) i'm still waiting for at least their wedding dates to be announced, including gary and kwangsoo's. even if spartace don't end up together like we are all rooting for, please support their happiness and respect their choices :) ]

********

 

 

There is nothing wrong with Jihyo. She is perfectly fine, her mind is functioning well despite of being rathe spaced out today, making her partner for today’s mission a little bit flustered since it is his first time on a variety show.

But nonetheless she is fine. Everyone just thinks that there might be something wrong with her since she often gives her one hundred percent focus during missions even though in other times, all she ever does is spacing out. Well, she couldn’t help it that she’s tired. All she ever wanted is to get some sleep but she couldn’t.

She is after all preoccupied with a drama audition SBS have given to her. Not only that but it is a Hong’s sister’s drama! Even though she is offered as a supporting role but it is better than nothing. At least, there’s a slight improvement in her acting career. All she does last night is practicing on her acting in front of the mirror. It felt weird but she couldn’t help but to be in a fit of giggles every time she holds that script required for the auditions the day after tomorrow.

It is nice to feel the tingle of excitement on her chest to do something she is passionate about since forever.

“We’re finished for today! Thank you everyone for your hard work!” Hwang Jin suddenly announced, making Jihyo wakes up from her trance. She immediately bows down politely to everyone, including to the staffs. It is rather surprising to wrap up with filming earlier than usual but she isn’t complaining. She is indeed very relieved. She needs some good rest and continue on with her practice. More practice wouldn’t hurt her as long as she does not overwork herself. She really doesn’t want to go to hospitals anymore making everyone who cared for her worried.

“Hey, Jihyo. Want to hang out with me today?”

She turns to see Jong Kook shyly asks her, soft pink tinted his cheeks and she immediately pinch both of his cheeks making Jong Kook winced in pain.

“YAH, it hurts!” he pouts and Jihyo just laughs at the rare aegyo she had just witnessed.

“Okay? I thought we are going to have dinner together since filming wrapped up early?” she asks, confused with her eyebrows raised.

Jong Kook shrugs. “I don’t know. All of them have pretty tight schedules tomorrow. Might as well turn in early.”

She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms on her chest. “Don’t you have a plane to Beijing to catch early tomorrow? At dawn, I might add.”

Jihyo could have sworn she seen his Adam’s apple move. So he is nervous for something huh?

“What do you have planned for me?”

Jong Kook sighs and smacks himself on his forehead. “I’m honestly a very bad liar.”

“The worst”, she teased.

“YAH, I – “

“GO GET A ROOM PLEASE!”

Both of them turned to see Gary who is rolling his eyes looking at the couple. “Some people are single here”, he points out to himself and then to Kwang Soo. The younger of the two just glare at him but since he couldn’t do anything to the elder, he just left.

“Whatever”, the couple chorused, making Gary pouts.

“So come on? Hang out with me, please?” Jong Kook asks again, obviously ignoring Gary.

“I’m really tired though but okay. Where do you want to go?” she asks, giving him a soft smile which is evident that she is tired making Jong Kook feeling slightly guilty. The ride to go to the one place where there is an abundant number of stars actually will take long, considering their current location right now.

Jong Kook chews the inside of his cheeks as he thinks of another place where they could be alone, away from prying eyes.

“I’ll buy you coffee first since you’re so tired and besides, it is a surprise.”

Jihyo breaks into a huge grin, making Jong Kook awe of her cuteness and he unconsciously caress her soft cheeks.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter