Twenty Nine

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~

Kwang Soo expected that the netizens would react really badly towards the press conference but to his surprise, the response was nothing like he ever imagined. Most of the comments said that they couldn’t believe someone would actually still be interested in this whole fiasco which made Kwang Soo feel a bit happy inside. Although there are a few bad comments here and there, mostly blaming Jihyo somehow for everything happened but he is glad that the outcome is somewhat positive.

All the drama is really over then.

He didn’t care if Eun Hye disappears from their lives, as long as she doesn’t meddle around with them any longer. Kwang Soo really had enough seeing how much her actions have badly affected the couple, especially when it all first started.

What Kwang Soo doesn’t understand is that, even though there were no official statements from both Eun Hye and Jong Kook but bad assumptions are taking over, blaming the third person for everything. They believe in what they are seeing, they don’t believe what’s going on behind them. They have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, unbothered to learn the truth.

Kwang Soo walks out from his apartment, his chest feeling a bit lighter somehow. He wondered how Jong Kook and Jihyo would be like after yesterday.

He’ll see them during filming later, waiting for their answers.

-

The filming takes place indoors for a change and Jong Kook silently sighs in relief while massaging his lower back. The pain on his back feels like there are needles piercing through it. Despite him not going to the gym for long hours like he used to due to Jihyo’s request, sometimes he feels the pain at his lower back. It might probably because of his sleeping position last night, probably because of his scoliosis and probably because of his injury during his prime years with Turbo.

There are so many possibilities that he could think of but when he thinks about it, he have grown older, the pain on his lower back just grows to be more unbearable as the days past by but when someone asked, he shrugs it off and hides behind his smug smile and pretends to be strong as his character portrayed him to be when the truth is, he is slowly losing strength.

 He sometimes wished for Running Man to end or at least replace them with new members. It is not because he has ill intentions or whatever but he thinks the time has come. Jong Kook has grown older and starts to wear out and gets tired easily now, Suk Jin sometimes barely have enough stamina to last the whole day of filming and Jae Suk overall looks more exhausted than ever. Gary couldn’t date with his current girlfriend freely because people are still hung over with Monday Couple even when both of them barely shows interest to the other. Jihyo now is struggling as an actress still waits for that phone call, waiting for someone to give her an offer as a main role or at least a sub-role. Haha barely have any time to spend with his family. Kwang Soo on the other hand is stuck being more famous as a variety star rather than an actor.

To put it simply, everyone have their own struggles whether it is about their health, family or their career. They have many times got light injuries on the show but they consumed pain killers and continue filming anyway. The years go by like this and they never complained. Everything they did is because they love the fans but does the fans still loves them now despite the concept have changed from the tiring but suspenseful name tag ripping to something less tiring?

Maybe that contributes to the plummeting ratings right now, Jong Kook isn’t sure. Maybe it is because of the PD changes, maybe the episode concepts or the guests that seemed not to be appealing to the netizens. He feels worried for Running Man even though it is still internationally famous and it is one of the representative Korean media globally. He has no idea what will happened when that one day, they announced Running Man is ending. What will happen to all of them? Most of them got famous and noticed by the show. If it ends, will they disappear just like that?

He felt someone hug him from the back. He tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter