Bonding

Let Fate Decide

“Do we know each other, Jane-ssi? Have we met before?”

“Yes, we have.”

Jane just stared at Hoseok with an unreadable expression. The other Bangtan members were confused with her answer. She just said that they have met each other before. They thought hard of whom could she be, and where they have encountered. It was like that until the youngest finally spoke up.

“She comes to most of our shows.”

All heads now turned to Jungkook who was currently looking at Jane. Jane finally smiled and let out a laugh she was holding.

“Wow, you noticed me, Jungkook-ssi. I’m honored.”

The other members nodded at the answer. Well that explained it. She did say she was their fan, so of course she went to their live shows, their concerts and fansigns. Jane went back to cutting the kimchi, leaving the boys with more questions to ask her.

“How old are you? You seem pretty young to be doing this kind of job, Jane-ssi.”

“I’m 23 this year.”

Some of the guys gasped in surprised. She was very young. She was the same age as Yoongi. Now more questions filled the minds of the Bangtan members. Why did she choose this job? And how did she get it? She was young, didn’t she continue her studies? After that, no more questions were asked to her. They wanted to ask more but afraid that it would invade her privacy. They just met today, after all.

Jane just smiled at the sudden silence. She just continued her cooking, which was finished. She was now scooping the rice in several bowls. Then she placed every dish on the dining table while the members’ eyes widened at the food.

“Well now, do judge my cooking. Although I couldn’t make much with the stuff in your fridge, I’m pretty confident about the taste.”

Seokjin was the first one to taste the soup while the others were waiting for his reaction. Jane looked at him, worried that her cooking didn’t suit their taste. After tasting it, Seokjin’s eyes widened and he smiled at Jane. Jane released a sigh she didn’t knew she was holding the entire time. The other members also started to dig in. Jane went to the kitchen to clean up the pots in the sink.

“You’re not gonna eat with us?”

Jimin asked when he noticed that she didn’t sat down with them. She shook her head and continued with washing other dishes.

“I’ll only cook and clean, nothing more. Well, for now.”

She let out a laugh that sounded like a wicked one. The other members laughed in silence because they were busy stuffing their mouth with food.

“Well, since you guys don’t have any schedules today, I suggest you clean up a little before I started my part of cleaning tomorrow. Keep your precious items like fan letters or gifts in one place. And keep away the stuff that you want to hide at a place that I won’t find it.”

All of them looked up from their bowls to look at Jane. Their mouths were still moving from munching the food. They looked confused. Taehyung who finished chewing asked her.

“Stuff we want to hide? Like what?”

Taehyung frowned trying to think of what kind of things that he wanted to hide. It’s no use of hiding his clothes, nor his manga collection. What could he hide? Jane just kept a blank expression when she answered his question.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe your cigarettes, collection, playboy magazines, lube, condoms or play toys. Stuff like that.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened and he blushed at that instant. Jimin choked on his rice and so was Namjoon. Yoongi quickly patted Jimin’s back while Seokjin passed a glass of water to Namjoon. All the while, Jungkook quietly laughed at his hyungs’ reaction. Jane broke into a burst of laughter when she saw them like that.

She finished cleaning the kitchen and told them that she would be back at around 8 p.m. to cook dinner. She bowed to them and exited the dorm. All seven members looked at each other, smiling.

“I like her.”

“She sounds fun.”

“She’s cool.”

They nodded in response and continue to eat. Afterwards, as Jane told them to, they started clean the place up a little. It’s not long before Jane was back at the dorm. Jungkook opened the door for her as her hands were full with groceries. He took some of it and helped her towards the kitchen. Other members can be seen cleaning the living room.

“Wow, I’d never thought you take my words seriously, but this is nice. No more boxes in the living room.”

She could see the members smiling shyly as she said that. She settled herself in the kitchen while Jungkook helped her to unpack the groceries from the plastic bags.

“I bought a lot of stuff to fill the fridge. And seeing how diligent you guys cleaning the dorm, tonight I’ll be making meat~!”

She started waving a plastic full of meat. She could hear the members cheer but died instantly by Jungkook’s words.

“But we’re on our diet so I don’t think we can eat much, noona.”

His hyungs quickly looked at him with a confusing look. The youngest’s eyes suddenly widened by the slip of his tongue at the lack of formalities. He panicked and looked at Jane who was smiling. 

“Only a day and you already dropped the formalities? You’re sure are fast, Jungkook-ssi.”

Jane replied with a wink towards Jungkook, not noticed by others. The youngest apologized and quickly resumed his work of putting the groceries at the right places, hiding his embarrassment. The other members laughed at him but only Taehyung could see his face had a slight pink fade on it. Is Jungkook blushing?

As a leader, Namjoon walked up to the kitchen and apologized for Jungkook’s mis-slip earlier.

“Oh no, please. I never care about formalities. If you guys are okay, we could drop the –ssi and you can call me noona. Well, except Yoongi-ssi and Seokjin-ssi, of course.”

“So we’re friends.”

Yoongi extend a hand out to her and she took the handshake. They grinned at each other. They agreed to drop the –ssi and comfortably talk to each other. Although they only knew each other for a day, they got along very well. Jane seems to be comfortable around them, laughing at their jokes and weird behaviours.

From that point on, things were pretty smooth for Bangtan and Jane. She would come early in the morning and make breakfast. She would also come in the afternoon and evening to prepare for their meals. She knew their schedules from Hobeom so if they have a schedule during the meal, she didn’t need to come to the dorm.

On the other hand, cleaning was a mess at first. One day, Bangtan was back from their schedule for dinner. They were speechless when they saw their clothes were washed, neatly folded and placed on each member’s bed. Jane was cooking in the kitchen normally. Then Yoongi asked her after a push from the members.

“Uh… Jane? Did you wash our clothes?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“And also… our… um…”

“Your…underwears? Yeah. Why?”

Yoongi let out a soft oh but Jane heard it. She chuckled and turned to him.

“Okay, I know it’s weird but I’m used to it. I have a brother around your guys’ age so it’s nothing.”

One by one, the members made their way to the dining table near the kitchen with a shy smile on every face.

“But if you guys aren’t okay with it, I won’t do it anymore. So it’s up to you.”

They just shook their heads. They thought Jane would be disgusted to handle mens wear but as she just said, she had a brother so it must be that she was used to it. No wonder she could understand Bangtan’s weird antics without having a sceptical look. Her brother must be as weird as them.