The truth (Pt. 2)

Let Fate Decide

“No, hyung. It’s not like she didn’t want to dance, she couldn’t.”

“What do you mean?”

They were now sitting facing each other. Hoseok’s eyes were now full with questions while Jungkook had his eyes mixed with various emotions.

“Before I tell you this, just know hyung. It’s not like I’m telling you to do anything. I just thought that you needed to know. She told me not to tell you this, ever but I really think you should know. You deserve to know this.”

“What is it? Just tell hyung.”

“Do you remember, the last time you see her? The day you guys fought?”

Hoseok nodded and waited for him to continue. The younger inhaled his breath deeply before exhaling it slowly. Hoseok never saw his face more serious than that.

“You know how steep the stairs was at the dance studio, right..? After you left, she l-lost her balance and s-she…”

Hoseok’s eyes widened while Jungkook lowered his head, unable to maintain his eye contact with the other anymore. He looked at his fidgeting hands; he didn’t know how to say this. He kept this secret for so long and he needed to let it out but now his words were lodged in his throat.

“Did she…fell?”

To that, Jungkook just nodded weakly. Hoseok gasped while placing one of his hands over his mouth. His eyes were still widened from the shocking news he just heard. He frowned and closed his eyes when he heard the maknae spoke again.

“She hit her knee on the handles. Her knee got dislocated and two out of her four knee ligaments were torn. Surgery was done but…the doctor said she mustn’t dance again.”

Jungkook played with his fingers for a while. It was hard for him to tell about this.

“She fell into depression after that. Her face changed a lot. She lost a lot of weight, she lost dancing, and most importantly, she lost you.”

Jungkook’s words felt like knife slicing through Hoseok’s heart. He looked at the younger and found that he was trembling.

“That’s when she started to write this song. She was able to walk again after a year. But…then our parents got into an accident and-and…”

Hoseok reached out to hold the maknae’s hands in his. Jungkook looked up to his hyung. He smiled sadly and squeezed his hands. He let out a shaky breath before continuing.

“Of course, when I first knew about this, I…I hated you, hyung. That’s why I kept my distance. You literally took everything from Jae In noona. She quit from being a trainee because without dancing, she felt like there’s no point of being an idol. You know how she loved dancing more than anything else.”

Hoseok was dumbfounded. He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times but only his shaky breaths escaped his lips. “I-I…I didn’t know…”

“Noona told me over and over that this was never your fault. And I’ve come to realize it. Hoseok hyung, you’re my closest hyung and I love you for everything. I just wanted you to know that she didn’t blame you. She kept you in the dark because she didn’t want you to pity her. So don’t do that.”

He just nodded to the request. He was still overwhelmed by the story he just heard. He needed to calm down and he needed to be alone but he froze at that spot.

“Hyung, you guys needed to talk it out. I couldn’t stand looking at both of you. She’s too stubborn to tell you all of this and I think you have the right to know-”

Bump! Both their heads turned to the sound from inside the room. Even though it was dark inside, they could make a figure that was near the chair. He probably bumped the chair which caused the bump sound just now.

“Tae?”

“I-I was just going t-to drink some water…”

Jungkook was unknowingly thankful to his youngest hyung coming right in time to take him away from this dreadful conversation. He chuckled at the lie he made and shook his head slowly. There was a fridge in their room so there was no need for Taehyung to come all the way there to drink some water. Both Hoseok and Jungkook stood up.

“Get some sleep, hyung.”

“Okay. And thank you, Kook-ah. For telling me this.”

Jungkook nodded and hugged him. After that, the youngest quickly made his way to his and Taehyung’s room, with the latter trailing right behind him. When they were in their room, Jungkook plopped himself on his bed, closed his eyes and let out a sigh he probably kept for a while now.

He felt a dip on his bed; Taehyung must have sat beside him. The elder placed his hands on the younger’s and squeezed it.

“How long have you been listening, hyung?”

“…I’m sorry, Jungkook. I didn’t mean to. I saw you went out and I was worried so I followed you…”

He opened his eyes and looked at the hyung. He smiled weakly. “No, hyung. You did nothing wrong.” Taehyung kept rubbing soothing circles on the back of his hand and he felt calm at the action. After a while, the elder spoke slowly.

“It must be hard.”

“Yeah…she had to let her dreams go. She even lost her loved one.”

“No, no. I mean you. It must be hard for you.”

Jungkook looked at him confused. He scooted over to make some space when he saw the elder climbed on the bed. When they settled in their positions, their faces were levelled to each other and they were now staring deep into each other’s eyes. Taehyung was slowly his cheek.

“Jane noona is your sister, while Hoseok hyung is like, super close to you. You must be torn between the two of them, right? Then you even lost your parents and she is the only family you have. You love them so much, right?”

Jungkook was surprised at his hyungs’s words. Nobody had ever talked to him like that. He never told anyone about this and truthfully, he was relieved when he got this off his chest. He never thought Taehyung would actually understand him. He felt his eyes watered but he kept strong but failed to do so when the other pulled him into a hug, closing their spaces together.

“You’ve suffered a lot, Kookie-yah. I’m here now.”

And Jungkook cried himself to sleep in Taehyung’s arms.

 

~*~

 

~Meanwhile in Korea~

 

*Knock knock*

“Come in!”

Jane pushed the door open and bowed to the man sitting behind the table. She closed the door slowly and took a seat when gestured by him. Beside her, sitting on a similar chair of hers was Supreme Boi. She nodded while smiling at him and he nodded back. She smiled at the man who was also smiling at her.

“Jane! It’s been a while, don’t you think?”

“Yes, Bang PD-nim. The last time we met was on Christmas.”

“Oh, yes, yes. When you came to get Jungkook, right? Hmm…okay let’s get straight to the point. I’m sure he explained to you the terms, right? And I think I’ve given you quite a long time to think about it. Three months to be exact.”

She nodded while looking at the guy beside her. “So, what’d you think?”

“It’s a yes.”