Pizza and Chicken

Let Fate Decide

It has been more than a month since Jane started working at Bangtan’s dorm. The boys were already warming up to her. They no longer felt shy when Jane was in the dorm and they would walk freely in only their boxers. At first, they would run into their rooms when Jane suddenly showed up at the dorm while most of them were shirtless after shower.

One thing that they love was her meals. They could never get enough of her cooking. Whatever she cooked was delicious! Furthermore, she kept their diet in mind and made the meals low in calories so that they can eat all they want.

It was one day when Bangtan had a schedule outside Seoul and will only return to the dorm at midnight. Jane took this opportunity to clean up the dorm in the evening.

At around 8 p.m. the boys were suddenly at the dorm. Jane was surprised and asked them. They said that the weather was bad so the event was cancelled. They haven’t had their dinner and unfortunately the fridge doesn’t have enough ingredients to cook a meal for 7 people. Jane was going to buy them tomorrow when she came to make breakfast.

“Guys, I’m sorry I didn’t know. Um…I know! Why don’t we eat pizza and chicken tonight?”

Some of them cheered but was silenced by the leader’s reply.

“But noona, we’re on our diet. Besides, Hobeom hyung will never allow us.”

“One cheat day wouldn’t hurt, right? Hold on.”

Jane pulled out her phone from the back pocket of her jeans. She called Hobeom and put the phone on loudspeaker so that the members can also talk to him. After a few rings, he picked up.

“Oppa~~” They could hear Hobeom laughed at the other line.

“Calling me oppa, huh? What do you want now, Jane?”

“You didn’t tell me the boys are coming back early. The fridge is not full so…cantheyeatpizzaandchickentonight?”

She said the last sentence so fast that the boys giggled slightly. They knew their manager caught the sentence when he quickly denied the request which earned a few groans and protests from the members. However, Jane keep calling him ‘oppa’ and do a lot of aegyo with her voice when finally he agreed.

“But only this once. And you’re paying!”

“Yeah! Thank you hyung!”

“YAH! What did I tell you on calling me that–”

The boys chipped in their ‘thank you’s while screaming at the phone. Jane ended the call before the manager can scold her more. She went out of the dorm for a while and came back with many plastics that contain their dinner.

All members have showered when Jane went to buy the meal. They laid out the pizza and fried chicken on the floor at the living room. Jane was about to leave when the boys invited her to eat with them. She refused at first but gave in when Jimin and Namjoon combined their aegyo forces on her.

The TV was switched on, displaying some variety show. They sat in in half circle, with all the food in front of them. Jane sat at the end beside Jungkook. Since the food was too far from her, the youngest did a very good job putting slices of pizza in her plate and passing her drinks. Nobody paid attention to this gesture but definitely not Taehyung since he was eyeing every movement of the youngest. He admitted that he was a bit jealous but chose to ignore his childish thought.

They ate and laughed occasionally when something funny was on the TV. Not all of them listened to Jimin when he asked Jane a question, but some of them did.

“Noona, why did you come to our dorm?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, we’re boys. And you’re a girl.”

“Yeah, so? I don’t get it.”

“Aren’t you afraid that we’re gonna do…things to you? Most of us may be younger than you but we’re still guys.”

Jimin wriggled his eyebrows playfully and smirked at his own question. Jane looked at Jimin who sat beside Jungkook. Then she noticed that all members were looking at her, waiting for her answer. She looked around, frowned at first then let out a small laugh.

“I’m sure none of you is going to pounce at me like a wolf.”

“Why is that?”

Taehyung asked. She looked at him who was sitting right across her. Then she looked at each and every member before she finally answered.

“Well, for starters, I know you guys don’t like girls.”

The members eyed each other, all of them looked nervous but they tried to control their expression. The leader asked her on what she did she meant by that and that just made her smiled more. The eldest of the group drank some water to calm himself.

“Awh, come on. I knew you two are dating.”

Jane said while pointing her finger to Namjoon and Seokjin back and forth. The latter accidentally spilled all of the content of his mouth, which some of the water hit Taehyung in the face. He made a disgusted face while wiping his face with a nearby napkin. Jungkook and Yoongi laughed hard at the sight of two red faces of their leader and the eldest hyung.

”You shouldn’t laugh so much Yoongi, you’re on the same boat with them.”

The said male stopped laughing and looked at Jane with a confused face. Jane smiled and tilted her head to Jimin’s direction. It’s Jimin’s turn to choke on a piece of chicken that he just ate. The half circle was now full with red faces and choked sound of the members. Jane laughed as hard as she could; she fell sideways on the floor, her hands on her stomach.

“OMG it’s funny watching your reaction!”

After a while, she stopped laughing and realized the members are now somewhat uncomfortable.

“Relax guys, if I wanted to, the stuff I just said were already on the news okay?”

“Aren’t you…disgusted…with us?”

She looked at Jimin who just asked her the last question. She gave him a soft smile and also smiled to all the members.

“Why should I? It’s up to you on who you want to date. And…my brother likes guys too so I’ve learned to accept the likes of you.”

They nodded in understanding. Silence filled the living room for a while until Hoseok asked her. It’s the first time he spoke since they came back to the dorm.

“Then why do you work here? Do you want to blackmail us or something?”

His question shocked everyone. He received a stern look from the leader while the eldest called out his name is a serious tone. Jane looked at Hoseok and both of them staring at each other. It took a while before she answered, not breaking her eye contact with him.

“No, I am not a creep. I just… I wanted a job, and this one has a very high pay despite only cleaning and cooking on the job description.”

Suddenly, the rapper smiled, surprising Jane with it. He apologized, and said that he was sceptical when she first got here. He claimed that he was protective of the members, which made the others fake gagged on how cheesy he is. Then they were interrupted with Jane’s phone ringing.

“Yes hyung… Yes we did… We’re finishing it up right now…”

Jane groaned a little before she put her phone on loudspeaker. It was their manager telling them not to eat too much but it was useless as they ate a total of servings for 10 people. He kept nagging and nagging until Jane spoke.

“Yes hyung, we know that! Hang up hyung! Bye!”

She ended the call before Hobeom could say anything. All of them laughed together. Then Yoongi asked her.

“I’ve always wanted to ask this. Why did you call him ‘hyung’? Are you by chance… a guy?”

Jungkook laughed out loud when he heard that. Jane gave Yoongi a look that said ‘are-you-kidding-me’ while pointing at her own s. This made all the members laughed. Jane playfully smacked Jungkook’s thigh which made he laughed harder. When they finished laughing while wiping their tears at the corner of their eyes, they looked at her, waiting for an answer.

“I used to be a trainee at BigHit.”