Tae's confession attempt 2

Let Fate Decide

Jungkook woke up early that morning. Bangtan didn't have any schedule that morning, and only some of them have a variety show recording in the evening. He washed up and went to the kitchen, surprised to find Seokjin was already there.

“Hyung, why are you up early?”

The eldest turned at the voice and smiled. Jungkook came over to him to see what he was doing. Seokjin was cooking.

“I overheard you talking to Namjoon last night about Jane. I figured out that I could at least make her porridge.”

The youngest grinned and thanked him. It saved him a lot. Jungkook was planning to go to the porridge house down the block to buy some for his sister. Seokjin even packed a few extra dishes to go with the porridge he made and Jungkook was good to go.

“Say hi to her for me, yeah?”

The maknae nodded and went out. He took a bus to Jane’s house. It was just a few blocks away from their dorm. Seokjin offered to drive him there but he declined, not after he already cooked her food. The ride to her house made him think about a lot of things.

The most apparent thing was that her sister was going abroad. It won’t be long for her departure, just a few days left. He wondered if he could survive without her. She was his pillar, his supporter, his mentor, his family, his everything. Yes, he was fine when she was back at their hometown but after a few months spending time together, he found it hard to leave her side again.

He needed to it up. He was going to be fine, he assured himself. He was going to be an adult; he was going to turn 20 years old soon. He needed to be fine on his own. Well, he was not alone. He still got his brothers, s, Bangtan. All his hyungs were there for him, and will continue to be there for him. And there was Taehyung.

He smiled at himself at the thought of his beloved hyung. He wondered how he managed to keep his feelings to that weirdo; they liked each other, both of them were well aware of that. Somehow neither of them wanted to be the first to confess. Well, boys with their egos.

When Jungkook was in front of Jane’s apartment door, he quickly punched in the passcode and went inside. He was taking off his shoes when he spotted a familiar looking sandal at the entrance. From inside the apartment, he could hear someone mumbling in the kitchen washing dishes. He entered the kitchen area and was met with a very weird situation.

His noona was washing some dishes; her face was red from the fever and he heard her sniff from time to time to keep her runny nose steady. And then there was Taehyung, looking guilty as ever, sitting at the dining table. He frowned while pouted and Jungkook thought his hyung looked the cutest.

“Oh, Jungkook, you’re here.”

He looked up to see Jane already finished whatever she was doing.

“Good, now take this little thing out. He almost burned this house.”

Jane pointed her finger at the boy sitting down. Her face scrunched playfully. Taehyung jolted in his seat to turn to her.

“Awh, come on noona, it’s not that bad.” Jane raised one of her eyebrows at him before replying.

“Not that bad? You triggered the fire alarm just by making porridge. And how did you fell asleep while cooking? You managed to turn my pot black.”

“It was an accident! I woke up early this morning just to visit you…”

Taehyung pouted as his voice trailed off as he felt guilty towards her. Jungkook just chuckled at the whole scene. He went over and placed his hand on Jane’s forehead. He was still warm but looking how she got all worked up because of his hyung, Jungkook knew she was fine.

“Here, Seokjin hyung made you some porridge.”

“Just put it there. I have no appetite anyway.”

They talked a little over a few cups of hot chocolate. Jungkook made it, of course. Jane couldn’t let Taehyung near the kitchen again. Jane was not really mad at him, she was just teasing. It was fun to see how Taehyung made an effort to see her knowing that she was not well. Although it kind of annoyed her that he woke her up from her sleep just so that she opened the door for him.

After a while, Jane felt tired and left the two to go to sleep. She rarely caught a cold but when she did, she always felt super tired and extra sleepy. The two guys that were still sitting at the dining table fell into an awkward silence. They wanted to talk, but didn’t know what to talk about. They usually have a lot to talk about, but none came to their mind at the time.

“I-I’m going to check on noona.”

Jungkook stood and left for her bedroom while Taehyung was left alone. As Jungkook entered her room, he could see she was already cuddled up in her comforter, her eyes closed. He went to moisten the towel next to her bed and he sat on the side of her bed and placed it back on her forehead. She hummed happily in her sleep and he smiled.

“Is she asleep?”

Jungkook turned to the door and saw Taehyung showed his head through the door. Jungkook nodded and gazed back at his noona. Taehyung came in, took a chair and sat down after placing it nearby her bed, just beside Jungkook.

“She didn’t look so evil when she’s asleep.”

Jungkook couldn’t help but laugh at the statement. Taehyung, Jane, and their never-ending cat fight. He remembered the first time Jane came; Taehyung was actually the closest with her, knowing his overly-friendly attitude. But then Jane suggested to start this ‘jealousy plan’ to see his reaction. And that escalated quickly. Taehyung couldn’t take his eyes off Jane and Jungkook whenever they were together.

And now, here they were, Taehyung coming to his noona’s house early in the morning to take care of Jane. Anyone could see that his beloved hyung was trying to get on Jane’s good side just because he liked her one and only younger brother, but Jungkook could see it in Taehyung’s eyes. He already loved Jane like his own sister.

“Hyung…”

“Jungkook…”

They looked at each other when they talked at the same time. Jungkook was about to ask him to talk first but the elder beat him to it.

“Wait, I wanna go first,” he inhaled deeply before continuing, “Kookie, I like you.”

Jungkook’s eyebrows shot up and he looked straight into Taehyung’s eyes. He was sure his cheeks were flaring red but he was confused by the sudden confession. Taehyung bit his lower lip before started to talk again.

“I may not be a good hyung. I fight with Jane noona a lot. I fight with you a lot. I always create troubles. I am not a good singer, I can’t dance as well as you and of course I can’t rap like you do.”

Jungkook wanted to deny everything that he just heard. Taehyung’s voice was one of the heavenly voices he had heard in his life. He loved every note that came out from the elder’s mouth as the deep soothing voice always calmed him.

“But I still like you anyway, although we’re in very different standards. Although I’m lacking so much in many ways, I wanted to take care of you, Jungkook. I’ll protect you with everything I’ve got. I…I-I…I really really really really like you.”

By the time Taehyung finished his little ‘speech’, he was sure his face was as red as the red t-shirt Jungkook was wearing now. He was blushing hard. He was surprised that this went better than his countless confession practices in the bathroom. Moments of silence filled the room until he heard the younger spoke.

“Hyung…you like me, but I don’t like you.”

 

 


wait what? xD

 

160911 wait all these time this chap was in draft?? omg why am i sooo stupid ughhhh i am so sorry guys~~ T^T