Phone wallpaper

Let Fate Decide

-Still on flashback-

Sometimes Jungkook regretted that his parents didn’t give him another sibling. Having only one sister and no others, they knew each other well. Too well.

Jungkook was back in Busan when the company gave Bangtan a week off before they start on their overseas concert, The Red Bullet. All the while at home, he was busy playing with his phone, texting his Taehyung hyung. His hyung was back in Daegu together with his family for the week.

Jane has been eyeing his brother from the corner of her eyes. Jungkook didn’t even let his phone go for once since he was back. Sometimes his face while blush and some other times he will smile like a bunny to his phone screen. Only at her third call, he looked up to Jane.

“So, what’s up?”

“Nothing much.”

“It’s been half a year since you came back and you wouldn’t look away from your phone now that you’re home?”

Jane was faking a pout while looking at somewhere else. Jungkook was flustered at first but figured out that her sister was lonely.

“Awwwhh is our noona upset?” he was talking with a baby tone and that made Jane laughed out loud. She knew how hard it was for his brother to do aegyo. He was now looking at her with his puppy eyes, dropping his eyebrows as low as he can.

They laughed and talked more, about anything and everything. About Jungkook schedules, his school; how he was adjusting because she knew that it was hard for him to make friends. Their talk halted when the younger’s phone beeped, indicating a text just came in. His attention was back to the phone and he smiled a bit, which Jane noticed.

“So…who has been stealing my Kookie?

Jungkook snapped his head towards her direction with a confused face, his mouth mouthing a silent ‘what’ to her. She pointed at his phone and he quickly hid it behind his back, like he was caught stealing. He shook his head and glanced away, knowing that his sister would know everything once she looked in his eyes.

“It’s Taehyung, right?”

Jungkook’s eyes widened and his face flushed immediately. He blushed hard; he could feel that his face was even redder than the red t-shirt he was wearing at that time. He looked at her slowly when he heard her chuckle.

“It’s kinda obvious, you know? All the recordings I watched, you’ve been stealing glances at him, smiling if you caught each other’s eyes. You even let him hug you on broadcasts while you pushed Jimin away even he was only clinging to your arm.”

The younger thought hard whether to keep denying his feelings or not. It was not like he wanted to keep anything from Jane, but he was not sure himself of what he was feeling exactly to his youngest hyung. Is it a crush? Is it just an admiration? Or is it…love?

He blushed while going through his train of thoughts. He slowly repositioned himself on the couch, now directly facing Jane. One thing they know for sure that if they were directly facing each other, they were going to have a long talk.

 

~*~

 

The week was gone and now Jungkook and Jane were waiting for the train to Seoul. They were sitting on a bench at the station. The next train will not be there for the next 15 minutes but Jane liked to be early, in case the train comes. She called out his name but her gaze was directed straight in front of her, no one knows what she was staring at. After a few moments of silence, she began to speak.

“That thing I told you the other day. I’ve fixed it with Hobeom hyung. I’m going up to Seoul next month.”

“Wait, what? I thought you were just joking!”

She had told him a few days ago about working at Bangtan’s dorm. He was genuinely surprised.

“Noona, you can’t possibly be serious. If this is about money, we’ve talked about this. I earned more than I did before! You don’t have to trouble yourself to work multiple part-times to support me anymore, you know. “

She scoffed before answered, “So you don’t need me anymore, Kookie? I need money too.”

The laughed as both of them knew she didn’t mean in a serious way. When they fell into a sudden silence, something ticked in his head and he stared at her sister. She let out a sigh.

“I…I think want to see him.”

“Are you gonna tell him everything?”

“…I don’t know. We’ll see how it goes.”

The train arrived right after she finished her sentence. They stood up and hugged each other. Just as Jungkook went inside the train, he turned around when he heard her voice.

“Besides…I want to see this…phone wallpaper of yours.”

He caught sight of her playful smirk before the doors slide closed. She waved him goodbye as the train moves. When Jane was out of his sight, Jungkook proceeded to sit while smiling to himself. It’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

 

~*~

 

-End of flashback-

 

Upon exiting Bang PD-nim’s office, Jane and Donghyuk walked slowly out of the building to go to the café they agreed before. They talked a lot; about how their next project, about performing in clubs, and others.

“Noona, aren’t you excited to go?!”

She smiled at him and they drank their coffee. She ordered an iced Americano that she didn’t really like the bitter taste but she always ordered that every time she was out drinking coffee. It was Hobi’s favourite, and drinking that reminded her of him.

“What did the guys think about it?”

She stayed silent while looking out the window, staring at random people passing by. Taking note of the silence, Donghyuk spoke again.

“You haven’t told them, have you? Wait…does Jungkook even knows about this?”

She shook her head slowly at that question. Donghyuk just sighed at her. He knew her from way back, during the time she was still a trainee, when they were still trainees at BigHit. He practically knew everything about her, and they were best friends up until this second.

“You have to tell them though, noona. There’s not much time left.”

“…I know.”

 

~*~

 

Back from their schedule overseas, Bangtan still needed to finish their promotions for I Need U. They spent hours and hours of practicing, attending other schedules such as a lot of variety shows. They became so busy that they hardly spent time in their dorm except for sleeping, which they only reached their bed at 1 a.m. onwards.

Jimin, being a hardworking member he is, stayed behind alone at the dance studio to practice more. He wanted to make sure his dance moves were perfect in order to perform in front of Bangtan’s fans. He didn’t want to be the one who was dragging Bangtan down because of his lack of dance skills.

That, and he was waiting for Yoongi who was in Bangtan’s room editing a few songs.

He danced to a song but he didn’t felt quite right. Something was wrong with his moves but he didn’t know what it is. Jimin kept dancing with a frown until he heard a voice. Strange, the voice was not his boyfriend’s.

“You were late by half a beat, Jimin-ah.”

He looked up to the mirrored wall to see the person’s reflection and quickly turned around, surprised to see that it was Jane leaning at the doorframe of the studio. She walked up to him and pointed out the steps that he needed to improve. After a few adjustments here and there, they replayed the song and he danced again.

While he was dancing, Jane was following his steps slowly. She was riding the rhythm and her moves were fluid, as expected from a dancer. When he finished his last move, he was satisfied. Then another song came up, which is one of Bangtan’s songs; Danger. Automatically Jimin’s body moved to the beat. And he was surprised again when Jane also danced with him, precisely.

“Wow, noona. Your moves were sharp! You’re a great dancer! But you said you don’t dance!” he said while dancing. She chuckled to the fact that he was able to converse even though the dance was tiring as hell. They continued to dance but they were stopped by Yoongi’s voice.

“Jimin-ah. I’m done. Let’s – oh. Jane, you’re here?”

Both of them looked at Yoongi who just entered the studio. Jimin hurriedly went to pack his belongings and stuff them into his bag.

“Jane, what are you doing here? It’s kinda late.”

“I’m here all the time. It’s you who didn’t come here often nowadays. I haven’t seen you around.”

“But I was here yesterday.”

“Speaking of that, we almost bumped into each other near the vending machine but I quickly hid myself.”

“That was YOU?! I thought I saw a ghost or something! Damn, that made me scared and I have to leave early.”

They laughed at yesterday’s event. Jimin came up to them and they were walking out of the studio but stopped when Jane was not moving.

“Noona, you’re not leaving?”

“I’m gonna stay here for a while. Now go enjoy your night date.”

She smiled when the other two blushed before waving her goodbye and left. 

 

 


hi hi there readers! i hope you enjoy reading my fic! ^^

if it's confusing, you can always tell me. i'd love to hear from you~~ >3<