Lovely date

Let Fate Decide

“Hyung! That’s not fair! You could’ve saved me back there!”

“Kookie, just admit it that I’m better than you.”

Taehyung laughed at their TV screen that displayed Jungkook’s character death. They have been playing games for hours. They should be sleeping; they just came back from dance practice and somehow Jungkook ended up in the 95-liners room to play video games. Jungkook’s character died and he pouted cutely when his hyung claimed victory.

Taehyung caught a glimpse of that pout and did everything he could to stop himself from kissing that pout away. He ruffled the maknae’s hair playfully while flashing his famous grin. Although it must have been more than a million times the younger saw that look, it never failed to make him blush. He looked down so that the older of the two couldn’t see it.

“H-hyung.”

Taehyung only hummed in response. His hand didn’t leave Jungkook’s head; no longer ruffling his hair but only patting it softly. Jungkook looked up and stared straight into his eyes. Taehyung eyes widened a little when he saw the younger’s face that had a pretty pink colour to it. He took a deep breath before continuing.

“Hyung. I wanted to tell you for a while now. I…I think I like – ”

“YAHHHH KIM TAEHYUNG DID YOU FINISH UP MY SHAMPOO??!!”

Jimin came in with only towel draped around his waist while his hair was still wet. He looked like he just came out from the shower because his favourite shampoo was gone – which he did. After a few dreadful seconds, he just realized that he just interrupted something that seemed important because the youngest have been glaring at him like he was ready to kill him.

Jungkook just sighed and stood up from his spot where he played games before. Taehyung was quick to catch his wrist and that made him look at Taehyung. Jungkook gave his hand a gentle squeeze before giving a sad smile while wishing him goodnight and went back to his room. He didn’t forget to ‘accidentally’ bumped into Jimin. The latter looked at Taehyung.

“Did I just…?”

“Uh… yeah. Kinda.”

“, dude. I’m so sorry, Tae.”

“Go back to shower, you idiot.” Taehyung threw a pillow at him while chuckling. He sighed. He almost confessed. Maybe I should get the courage to do that, too.

 

~*~

 

Namjoon was walking along with Hoseok to the nearby diner after they left the company. They’ve been there to record their song for the upcoming album. Not all members were present; there’s only them and Yoongi but the elder has left for the dorms saying he’s too tired for anything and just wanting to sleep. But both the 94-liners knew he only wanted to go home to Jimin so they sent him home with a knowing smirk.

As they enter the 24-hour diner late that night, they glanced around and sighed in relief to see not many people were there. They didn’t want to attract any unnecessary attention. The last time they went there during the day, fangirls made such a fuss and it caused other customers to look at them with annoyance. They didn’t want to cause any more trouble for the owner of the place, which they knew since their trainee days.

Namjoon saw Donghyuk at one of the table. His eyebrows were raised in amusement. He’s with a…girl? Hmm this is interesting. Namjoon nudged at Hoseok slightly to get the other’s attention towards their friend. Hoseok and Namjoon exchanged playful glances at each other before heading to their same-age friend.

Donghyuk and the girl were sitting next to each other and were laughing at what each other just said. The girl was sitting near the window and had her hoodie up while Donghyuk had his snapback worn low, as in wanted to hide whoever they were and the fact that they were together but Namjoon knew his friend even from his figure. They stopped laughing when they felt someone standing next to their table. Namjoon cleared his throat and Donghyuk looked up at that.

“Yo, Namjoon! Still here?”

“Yeah, I had some stuff to do. I see you got yourself a pretty company there.”

Namjoon wiggled his eyebrows at Donghyuk who is frowning and turned to look at the girl. She had one hand covering ; shoulders shaking as she was… laughing? He turned back to the duo, doing everything he can not to laugh too and opened his mouth to say something but Hoseok beat him to it.

“We better leave now, Namjoon-ah. We didn’t want our Supreme Boi to ruin his lovely date.”

Hoseok gave him a sly smirk and so was Namjoon. Soon the smirk was replaced with a confused frown on their faces as the couple in front of them burst into a laughing fit. Donghyuk leaned back in his seat while the girl had her forehead on the table; both clutching at their stomach for laughing to hard.

“Lovely date, my .”

Both Namjoon and Hoseok had their eyes widened when the girl suddenly spoke. She looked up to them and pulled down her hoodie and a flash of a familiar grin.  

“Jane noona?”

“Jae?”

Jane waved them hi and asked them to join their table. Jane and Donghyuk were still laughing when the waiter came to take the other two’s orders. When they finished laughing, Namjoon already finished ordering and the waiter walked away.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“Eating, duh?”

“Well, duh, I’m not that stupid. I mean, what are you guys doing together? It’s nearly 2 a.m.”

There’s a slight annoyance in Hoseok’s tone but no one seemed to notice it.

“Oh, I’m just over the company for some stuff.”

Hoseok was slightly surprised when Jane spoke. It seemed like forever since she talked to him. Well, at least she’s not reluctant to talk to him. She smiled at him and he smiled back. Hoseok felt somewhat warm in his chest seeing that smile directed to him.

“Stuff?”

“Jane noona is helping me making some songs. For you guys.”

Namjoon and Hoseok’s eyes light up at that statement. They talked about it while eating when their food arrived. Jane finished her meal already so she reached out for some fries at Donghyuk’s plate. He ignored it at first but when half of his fries were taken, he whined.

“Noona, stop stealing my fries!”

“Why? It’s not like you’re eating them.”

“Stop eating so much! Do you want to go back to your fat days? Hahahaha”

Jane opened , gasping as if she was offended, which she faked it. She grabbed a handful of fries and threw them at his face. Namjoon laughed when his friend wiped his face in disgust. Jane also laughed but her laughter died right after she glanced at the male in front of her.

Hoseok stared at her, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. Upon Donghyuk’s words, he remembered how Jane looked like. How chubby she was before. How she would smile at him with her chubby cheeks, how her eyes crinkle every time she scrunched up her nose while laughing, before they, before she–

Hoseok was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Donghyuk cleared his throat. Donghyuk was eyeing Hoseok and Jane back and forth. He knew he had to do something when he saw the only girl at the table was getting uneasy with the guy’s stare.

“We’ll get going. It’s getting late. Let’s go Noona. Bye, guys.”

“Oh? Uh… yeah.”

Namjoon was quite surprised but bid them goodbye anyway. He didn’t miss the uneasy look on Jane’s face. He definitely didn’t miss how Donghyuk grabbed her wrist after waving them goodbye. He was certain that his friend next to him also saw that.

“Hoseok-ah, you okay?”

“What…? Uh, yeah. I’m fine.”

Hoseok continued eating but Namjoon knew something was up in his friend’s head when all he did was stared at the fries at the plates by the couple just now.