The date

Let Fate Decide

Being the dance team leader in Bangtan, Hoseok always paid extra attention to his dance moves, be it their group’s performance routine or his own freestyle dance. He would practice and practice his dance, until he perfected it. He uploaded a few clips of himself on twitter, dancing fluidly. At first he was afraid, maybe he would get a backlash from the fans. Surprisingly, Armys love his Hope.On.The.Street clips.

At around 2 a.m. at the dance studio, Hoseok decided to stop practicing, since Bangtan had a schedule tomorrow. He needed rest too. Before that, he uploaded a picture of him facing the mirror, saying the mannequin at the back look scary. He looked at his upload, and felt satisfied and was about to go back to his dorm when his eyes caught the sofa in the room.

It felt like only yesterday that he and Jane cried, finally getting what happened between them after any difficulties that they went through. But hey, look at the bright side; I got a date with her next few days. He smiled to himself, switched off the lights and went out. Just after a few steps, he heard a familiar laughter. Her laugh. Unconsciously, Hoseok hid himself at a corner and peeked; he saw her. She was standing at the entrance.

Is she…waiting for…me?Eyyy no way…

Hoseok smiled, almost scoffing to himself. Is she doing what he thinks she is? Hoseok waited for a while and decided to call out to her. Just when he opened his mouth, one of the doors opened and a guy walked out of the room and walked to Jane. His mouth was left hanging for a while. He scooted a little closer to hear their conversation.

“What did you forgot, Donghyuk?”

Hoseok’s eyebrow twitched at the name. Donghyuk grinned at her while slowly winding a scarf at her neck.

“Here. Although it’s not that cold, you must dress properly, noona. You always forgot that. So as your bestest friend of all, it is my duty to make sure you keep yourself warm, okay?”

Jane rolled her eyes playfully while stuffing both of her hands inside her hoodie’s front pocket. She pouted the whole time while Donghyuk patted the scarf when he was done. Jane took a breath and scrunched her nose, immediately regretting doing so. Pulling the scarf down just enough, she spoke.

“Ew, this scarf smells like you.”

“Of course it does, it’s mine. Duh? Come on, let me take you home.”

“I’m not a kid, Donghyuk. I can go back by myself.”

Jane walked away after waving goodbye to him but Dongyuk pulled the scarf and naturally placed his hands around her shoulder. 

“You didn’t bring your car today, right? Today, my dear noona, you get the privilege to ride in this handsome ‘oppa’s car.”

Donghyuk wiggled his eyebrows while Jane rolled her eyes at her. They walked off laughing at each other. Hoseok walked out of his hiding spot when he couldn’t hear their voices anymore. He stood there for a while, staring blankly but his brain was busy sorting out his thoughts. After a few minutes, he started to walk. Yup, I’m definitely jealous.

 

~*~

 

Hoseok couldn’t be happier. Wednesday came too fast and it was the day he got to go on a date with Jane. They’ve planned to go to the amusement park after lunch together. It’s a school day, and at noon, so there shouldn’t be a lot of people that can recognize him. Besides, he was the one who suggested it. Jane wanted to go to someplace where there are not many people but she followed his lead anyway.

Hoseok woke up and saw Jane in the kitchen making breakfast. He smiled at her before sitting at the dining table. He eyed her from head to toe. Her hair was now black; just like how they were years ago. She was wearing a loose purple shirt with faded-washed skinny jeans. She had her hair up, curled here and there.

“You look…nice. Wait, no. scratch that. You’re pretty. You always are.”

Jane turned to him with a surprised look but immediately turned around after mumbling a ‘thank you’. Hoseok found himself grinning like a fool when he saw her cheeks were a bit red. They continued to have small talks when Namjoon came to the kitchen.

“Uh…sorry to disturb you guys but…Hope-ah, we have a problem.”

Hoseok’s face turned pale.  Their manager just called, telling them that they had an ad-hoc event next few days. They need to practice their dance so their manager was going to come in an hour to pick them up. Hoseok and Jane looked at each other.

“It’s okay, Hobi. We’ll just pick another day.”

“But…wait.”

He dragged Namjoon out of the kitchen leaving Jane confused. She continued to finish preparing breakfast. Just as she finished placing them on the table, Hoseok came and grabbed her hand.

“It’s still on.” Jane looked at him, raising her eyebrows in question.

“Our date. I want it to be today. Just…I’ll meet you in front of the park at 2. We’re just going to practice the title songs anyway. It shouldn’t take long okay?”

Jane bit her bottom lip to stop herself from squealing and nodded. She was actually happy that Hoseok didn’t cancel their date. They stayed there holding each other hands, staring at each other while smiling. They broke their gaze when they heard a cough.

Jungkook entered the kitchen, intentionally clearing his throat loudly for a few times, along with the lines ‘ah, why my throat hurts today ah’. Hoseok sat down and Jungkook sat beside him. The maknae smirked while wriggling his eyebrows at him. The other members started to flood the dining table and started to eat. Jane left but not before smacking Jungkook on the head. The other members were confused at that scene; Jungkook wincing while rubbing his sore head and Hoseok smiling smugly while eating.

 

~*~

 

One thing about dance practice is that not one of them realized how much time had passed. There was no clock in the room; it was a way the Bangtan’s dance instructor didn’t want the members to look at the time. Hoseok put his full attention on his practice, but only he knows his heart was at someplace else.

“Okay, that’s it for today, guys. Sorry for the sudden practice.”

After the dance instructor left, all the members flopped on the floor, exhausted from the non-stop practice. Hoseok sprinted to his bag to pull out his phone. 3 p.m. ! He quickly dialled her number but her phone was turned off. Hoseok cursed more. It’s okay, 1 hour is not that much time of waiting, right?

When they exited the building, all colour drained from his face. It was raining heavily. No thunder but it was pouring. All thoughts went through his head but he shook them off. All members looked at him worrily. Hobeom was about to drive when he turned to silent Hoseok.

“Do you want to go to the park? Who knows she’s still there.”

Now all attention was on Hobeom, all of them wearing the same surprised face. The manager just shrugged and smiled.

“Hyung, of course she went back already, right? It’s already three and it’s raining.”

Hoseok eyed the streets when they were nearing the park. He tried to find Jane, but no one was there.

“Maybe. I don’t know, Hope-ah. But sometimes…she can be very stupid.”

They parked their van at the parking lot. Bangtan members were also looking out the window for Jane.

“Speak of the devil. Jane-ah!”

They looked at the direction Hobeom was looking. Hobeom rolled down his window to call her. Jane was leaning against a tree, looking at the ground. She was wet all over. She looked up when she heard her name. Hoseok didn’t think twice after seeing her. He sped out of the van, not before grabbing a jacket with him. He ran to her and hugged her.

“H-Hobi?”

He broke the hug to look at her. She looked slightly pale, cold from the rain. Her bottom lip was slightly trembling, even her lip was showing a purplish colour, which he was sure it was not her lipstick colour. He immediately put the jacket around her.

“Yah, Jae! Why are you still here? And why did you turn off your phone?!”

Jane was a bit startled with his voice. He kind of shouted at her.

“It w-was out of battery. And I-I forgot to bring m-my powerbank…”

She was shivering when she spoke. She has been out there in the rain for a while. She cursed herself for not charging her phone earlier. She wanted to go inside but they promised to meet at the entrance. She didn’t have any way to contact him. She’s afraid that they will miss each other if she was not at the entrance when he came, that explained why she was now drenched from the rain.

“Did you bring your car?” She shook her head no.

He grabbed her hand and brought her to the van. He asked Hobeom to drive her home and he nodded. She sat on the passenger seat beside Hobeom. She turned to smile at the boys. They exchanged greetings and the boys asked whether she was alright. She could see Jungkook smirking at her. She glared at him, cheeks red, before turning back to the front.