Hey there

Let Fate Decide

It’s 1 a.m. at the airport when Jane and Donghyuk just had their luggage checked in. She had a hard time doing so, as she didn’t really want to leave Korea. She didn’t want to leave Jungkook. There were so many things she wanted to do with her dongsaeng. How she wanted to and Taehyung more, how she wanted to spend time with him. She also didn’t want to leave Bangtan behind. The past few months have been a wonderful time for her. It felt like she has a big family, that she never experienced with just Jungkook.

And most importantly, she didn’t want to part with Hoseok. They just got together a few days prior to her leave. She loved him ever since they met, and she knew he loved her as well. She was torn to pick between Hoseok and her dream. But of course, being an optimistic girl she was, she picked her ambition, knowing that this kind of chance doesn’t come every day. If their love is strong enough, 3 years will past like a blink of an eye, right?

They still have one more hour from their flight. Jane wanted to go and waited near the gate but Donghyuk asked her to wait. He must not want to part with his girlfriend yet, she thought. They have been cuddling each other ever since they arrived at the airport. Jane was really jealous, but she tried hard not to show it. She’d also wanted to have Hoseok by her side, but he had a schedule. She didn’t want to be selfish, so just texting him now was enough.

She realized that she missed him already. She regretted not holding his hand longer, regretted not kissing him more. She regretted not coming clean to him sooner, or else they would have spent so much more time together, making new memories and reminiscing the old ones. She didn’t want to go, at the same time she wanted to be at least at par with him. He is now a hallyu star, at least she wanted to involve in the music industry once more. That way, she could at least felt connected with him, one way or the other.

She stood up after looking at the time. Only 20 minutes before boarding and there were announcements about their flight. Donghyuk whined and asked her to stay a little while longer. His girlfriend left a little while ago and ever since then he just played with his phone. She ignored him and started to walk away.

“Come on, Donghyuk! You’ve been delaying to go! I know you don’t want to leave. And believe me, I don’t either. Just…let’s go.”

“Noona! Let’s just wait for a while, okay?”

“What are we going to do then? What are we waiting for???”

Donghyuk had his eyes locked onto something behind Jane. He smiled in relief. “Them.”

At the same time she turned around, she heard someone screaming her name.

“Jeon Jae In!!!”

From far away, she could see several guys are running towards her, led by a certain someone that she loved the most.

“Hobi – ooofff!”

Her voice was muffled by his chest when he pulled her into a hug. A tight one. A hug so tight that he was afraid to let her go; afraid that he would never see her again. After it felt like a century, Hoseok finally let her go but kept his hands around her waist. Other Bangtan members caught up to them. Jane could see Hobeom among the members and she nodded slightly while he smiled back. She turned her attention back to the guy in front of her when she heard him spoke. 

“Luckily I was fast enough.”

“What are you doing here?”

“To send you, of course! Why would I ran all the way here?”

“But you had schedules…”

He was still panting and huffing, tired from the running he did. “We just finished. I told Donghyuk to hold you for a little while.”

She turned to the said male and found him flashing his stupid grin. It made her want to punch all his perfect teeth. No wonder he was stalling time.

“I’m glad you did just that.”

They exchanged loving glances before he let her go. She exchanged several goodbyes with the other members and realized the maknae was quiet the whole time. Jungkook didn’t even looked at her; he thought the floor was more interesting. It was until he saw a girl’s sneakers entered his line of vision, standing in front of him. He looked up.

“Nothing to say to me, Kookie?”

He looked away from her. His eyes were glossy from all the tears he tried to stop from falling. Jane felt sad as well, leaving his one and only family behind. She tip-toed and wrapped her hands around Jungkook’s neck, forcing him to bend down a little to meet her height.

“I’m gonna miss you. SO. DAMN. MUCH.”

He chuckled a little and hugged her. When he felt his shoulders dampen, he knew her sister was crying but surprisingly he held his tears very well. She bid farewell to the others as well; waving to everyone. She even called Hobeom ‘hyung’ one last time and managed to avoid the slap directed to her arm.

She locked eyes with Taehyung and they grinned at each other. She gestured two of her fingers and pointed to him afterwards; a silent Behave, Taehyung. I am watching you. He nodded vigorously and saluted at her.

“Remember what we talked the other day.”

“Yes ma’am!” they giggled and Jungkook was confused.

“What did you talked about?”

“A secret. Right, noona?” and Jane nodded, making Jungkook whined and pouted like a baby, feeling left out by his sister and boyfriend. Boyfriend. Has a nice ring to it.

A small sob can be heard as Seokjin couldn’t stop the tears anymore. He cried and the sight broke Jane’s heart. She went to him and hugged him while Namjoon hugged both of them. Jimin suddenly announced ‘Group hug!’ and everybody was cuddling against each other.

Yoongi just watched from a distance with amusement. How could these people act like they’re at home while actually they were in public? Well, there were not many people around but still… Just like a grandpa he is. Jimin noticed this and pulled him towards the human lump.

“Come here, hyung.”

Jimin pulled him into a side hug and Yoongi felt warm. Although he did felt sad but of course he would never admit it. Apparently feeling sad was not a ‘swag’ thing to do. But he did hug the group back; closing his eyes and let out a low sigh. After one last hug from Hoseok, Jane walked to the check-in counter with Donghyuk by his side, leaving the others behind.

Right in front of the counter, Jane’s steps slowed down considerably until she came to a complete stop. She had this unexplained feeling in her chest, something was not complete. She clutched to her passport hard, she didn’t want to let go. The truth is, she didn’t want to go. She looked at Donghyuk but was surprised that he was smiling to her, already extending his palm out.

“Let me hold that for you. You have 1 minute.”

She smiled and passed her belongings to him before turning around and ran towards Hoseok. The said guy was surprised but welcomed her with open arms. Hoseok was even more surprised when she pulled him down for a slow, long kiss. They ignored all the surprised gasps and shouts from the other members, even had the time to chuckle during the kiss when they heard Jungkook’s ‘oh no, my eyes!

“Don’t forget me.”

“I won’t.”

“Wait for me.”

“Of course.”

“And…less flirting with the fans, please.”

He chuckled before nodding. After one last kiss, Jane’s back view disappeared when she finally checked in.

I’ll miss you, Jeon Jae In. Make sure you miss me too.

 

~*~

 

“I’m telling you, Jae. I’m not gonna like him.”

“Come on, Hobi. It’s not that bad, is it?”

Jane chuckled when she heard a whine over the line. Hoseok always called her to whine, to complain whatever things that he was not satisfied with. Ignoring how his telephone bills can shoot up the ceiling by making international calls, he liked to call her anytime. He even forgets the time difference, sometimes waking her up at 3 a.m. just because he missed her. But not that she’s complaining though. She missed him too.

It has been 2 years since Jane left. She hadn’t had the time to go back to Korea just yet. She had been busy with her work. Plus, even if she can go back, Bangtan was also busy overseas. They had busier schedules than ever. They went to numerous countries for concerts, events etc. They barely have time to skype with each other; they just have to settle with just text messages and calls. Sometimes they sent pictures because they missed each other’s faces so much.

There were times where Jane just wanted to take a plane and flew to wherever Bangtan was. For instance, when both Namjoon and Seokjin hurt their fingers while playing. She was surprised a little when she saw their broadcasts with a large cast of the leader’s hand. Or the time when Bangtan had a break and all of them were going to their own hometown. It broke her heart that she was not there to be with Jungkook. Luckily Jimin was more than happy to take care of him for a few days.

One of the times she really wanted to go to them was when Yoongi and Taehyung were sick and weren’t able to perform in one of their concerts in Japan. She knew the two of them would always overwork themselves although they were always seen laid back and playing (sleeping in Yoongi’s case). She was managed to be stopped by Hoseok, saying that they were okay.

It surprised her that they were opening up to her, calling her just to say a few random things. Seokjin texting her bragging about his new hairstyle; Namjoon sending her a few of his new songs to get her opinions; Taehyung being extra at the background whenever Jungkook video-called her. What surprised her most was that even Yoongi skype-d her. Well, not without hours of pestering from Jimin saying how much he missed their favourite sister.

Well, back to the point.

Now here’s Hoseok, whining about the changes in the company. Apparently Bang PDnim thought that bringing in a new composer was the best decision for their new album. At first, all of Bangtan were fumed. They were known to make their own music. Although they were not the main composer but they always chipped in in every songs. But this time, the while album was entirely made by someone else.

As time goes, Namjoon managed to accept the fact and told him to do the same but not Hoseok. Surprisingly, so did the other members. He told her that the new composer repeatedly rejected Namjoon’s songs and some of Yoongi’s too.

“Yoongi hyung’s songs are masterpieces, okay? How could he say that ‘it wasn’t good enough’?”

He could hear her chuckle on the other line. He pouted, as if she could see him now.

“This is not funny Jae.” And that made her laugh even more.

“But you yourself told me that the songs were good, weren’t they?”

He had to agree with her. Even though their songs got rejected, the songs they got in return were really good. They weren’t exactly their style, but they were willing to give them a try.

“But…but he’s annoying!”

“How would you know that, you haven’t met him?”

“Yeah, but…his comments when he replied our emails were not nice at all! I felt like cursing at him all over.”

Jane raised one of her eyebrows. “Did you really?”

He was about to reply but Bangtan’s manager called them for the meeting. All of them were going to meet the one that was causing him to call and complaint like a little child to her.

“Well, gotta go now. I hope I could work well with this obnoxious old man.”

She chuckled once more when she could hear his annoyed tone and could imagine he was rolling his eyes while ending the call. All the other members already sat at the table as he was the last one to enter the meeting room. He could see the man was sitting at the end of the table and has his back facing everyone.

He scanned around just to see the other members looking at him with the weirdest expressions; Namjoon and Seokjin were smiling at him (almost smirking), the maknae line couldn’t stop giggling, and Yoongi with his unamused face but had a faint smirk on his face. He turned his attention to the unknown man when he heard a voice.

“Well, I may not be an obnoxious old man, but I think we can work together just fine.”

His eyes couldn’t get any wider when he heard the man’s voice. It was not a guy’s voice, but it belonged to a girl. More importantly, the voice was familiar to his ears. Too familiar. The voice that he wanted to hear not through the phone. The voice that makes his heart drums to his ribcage every time he heard it. The voice that he missed the most.

He let out an I-should-have-known scoff and smiled when the owner of the voice turned his, no, her chair to meet his gaze. She flashed him a smile that he loved the most.

“Hey there, Hobi.”

 

 


aaaaaaannndddd that's a wrap! the last chap of this story thank you for all readers, subscribers, commentors, and upvoters! thank you for noticing this fic! thank you loves~~ *throws hearts* *big bow* *\( ^ o ^ )/*