Donghyuk

Let Fate Decide

It was about 9 p.m. that night. Bangtan’s rapper line was in the recording room. They were supposed to have a demo recording of a new song. Namjoon was in the booth testing some new lyrics while Yoongi and Hoseok were listening to him. The door opened and Donghyuk came in.

“Sorry guys, something came up. I brought you guys snacks, though.”

He placed the plastic full of dukbokki and fish cakes on the table. All of them quickly hovered over the food and ate them. Namjoon asked with his mouth full.

“Where were you though? You said 8.30 dude.”

“Oh, I was at Jane noona’s.”

“What?? Why?”

Donghyuk was busy eating but when he looked up from his plate of dukbokki, all the other three guys were looking straight at him. He stopped munching and looked straight back at Hoseok. The dancer swore that he saw a smirk on Donghyuk’s face for a split second.

“Stuff.”

Donghyuk quickly wiped his hands and said they need to start recording now. Yoongi could clearly see Hoseok was annoyed. He didn’t get to say anything because it was his turn to record. He finished his part smoothly and it was Hoseok’s turn next. Unfortunately for Hoseok, he couldn’t control his emotions well. He kept messing his lines and got frustrated.

“What’s with you today, Hope-ah? Stuttering like a kid.”

Something Donghyuk said over the mic made Hoseok lost it. He opened the door of the booth harshly and made his way to the producer. He turned the chair facing him and jabbed the other’s chest with his finger repeatedly.

“You want to know what’s with me? YOU. You’re getting on my nerve, that’s why.”

Donghyuk frowned when he was suddenly attacked like that. Yoongi was holding Hoseok before he could do anything further. Struggling in Yoongi’s hold, Hoseok continued.

“Why are you being close to Jae, huh? Stay away from her. She’s mine.”

Donghyuk scoffed at her name. So this is about that, huh?

“So what? It’s not like you are dating her. And she’s my friend.”

“Do you think I’m blind? I saw the way you looked at her! You like her, don’t you?”

“Hoseok, wait. He’s – ”

Namjoon was about to say something to stop this argument but Donghyuk lifted his hand to Namjoon, signalling him to shut up.

“What if I do?”

Hoseok was stunned. Although he expected this, but a small part of his heart pleaded that Donghyuk will say otherwise; hoped that he would deny it. Hoseok was about to say something but Donghyuk spoke first.

“Yeah, I love her. I love her from the first time I met her. She’s smart, she’s beautiful. She deserved to be loved. I’m going to take care of her, even if it means just staying by her side, knowing her heart is for someone else.” He stopped before walking a few steps towards Hoseok and started to jab his chest with his finger.

“And I’m certainly going to protect her with all my might, supporting her in everything she does. Unlike a certain someone, who destroyed her dream in order to build his own.”

Donghyuk’s every word pierced his heart like a knife, piercing every meat in his body. Donghyuk ended his words with only a slight push on Hoseok’s chest but his knees were weak from the reality he heard just now, he slipped on the floor, almost bringing Yoongi down with him. Hoseok’s mouth opened and closed like a fish but no words he can speak because everything that he just heard was perfectly true.

He caused Jane to fall down the stairs. He caused Jane to stopped dancing. He took everything from her by that accident. Jane had to let go of her dreams because of him. He crushed her, bad. A pregnant silence filled the room –

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh my god! Did you see you face? Your… your face…hahahahahahahahha”

Donghyuk was laughing and rolling on the floor, even tears were flowing from his eyes. Hoseok frowned at the scene, why was he laughing so hard? What was going on? Yoongi had the same expression of Hoseok’s while Namjoon sighed and shook his head. After a good two minutes of laughing, Donghyuk finally stopped and took a seat on one of the sofas.

“Okay, okay. Just…get off the floor dude. You look ridiculous.”

Yoongi pulled Hoseok from the floor as the younger was still shocked from whatever was happening. As they settled, Donghyuk spoke.

“I love Jane noona alright. But not that kind of love.”

Hoseok looked at him confused. Before he could reply, Namjoon spoke. “Donghyuk’s dating someone else.”

“What?!”

Donghyuk chuckled at the response and nodded.

“I’ve known noona for a long time now. It was rough during trainee days. She was there to support me, although she was a trainee herself. And I was there when she…you know…fell.”

He looked straight into Hoseok’s eyes before continuing.

“But I’m not kidding about protecting her. If you broke her one more time I swear I’m gonna punch the aegyo out of you.”

Hoseok was speechless. There was so much going on in his head that he just nodded to Donghyuk.

“So are we good? Or are you still jealous of me?” Donghyuk just chuckled.

“Man…I was so stupid. Sorry, Donghyuk. I should’ve just asked.”

Hoseok and Donghyuk shook hands and did a bro-hug. After all the commotion settled, Namjoon suggested they continued their recording. Just when they were getting ready, they heard Yoongi.

“Just one question though. Why were you at her house?”

Donghyuk smirked at Hoseok before looking at Yoongi.

“That stupid noona waited for loverboy for a whole hour under the rain. She got herself a fever.”

 

 


sorry it's a bit short. enjoy~ >.<