Love is not over

Let Fate Decide

The sun was high up and they didn’t realize that they have been talking for hours. Now Hoseok was helping Jane making breakfast, or brunch, considering it was already nearing 11 a.m. After remembering their past, they fell silent; each other was lost in their thoughts. After putting all of her stories together, Hoseok spoke.

“Wait…if you were a trainee at Bighit…did you quit? I never saw you anywhere.” He could see her nod from where he was standing. 

“You should’ve become an idol now. Why did you quit being a trainee? Didn’t you say that you’re quite close to debut?”

“I…I didn’t feel like it. I guess I’m not idol material.”

“What are you talking about? Both of us know how much you wanted this.”

He could hear her sigh before answering. “That’s right. I wanted it. Not anymore. It’s all in the past, Hobi.”

Before he could ask her further, sleepy Yoongi made his way into the kitchen for a glass of water. After that, the members’ door can be heard opened and closed, indicating that they were up and going to the bathroom. They didn’t have any schedules but they have a practice that afternoon.

Bangtan had their brunch while Jane was making kimbab rolls for their snacks for their practice later. Jimin was still having his paper cup diet. Although he was not eating as much as they were, Yoongi was happy because at least, the younger was eating and looked better than when he was starving himself.

Seokjin, being a big eater he is, was stuffing a lot of food in his mouth at one time. He was playfully scolded by Namjoon who kept his hand on the eldest’ back in case he choked. All of them ate cheerfully but Taehyung hadn’t eaten much because he didn’t like the fried vegetables that Jane prepared. Actually, being a picky eater he was, he didn’t like vegetables at all.

After they have eaten, all of them went to their rooms to get ready before their manager come and pick them up except Jungkook who stayed behind to help Jane clean up.

“Noona, can you-” before he could finish, she cut him off.

“I know.”

He looked over her shoulder to see she was still rolling the kimbab, a little bit different from the ones she made before. He rested his head on her shoulder and he smiled before saying a soft ‘thank you’ to her. He watched her as she separately packed the extra kimbabs into a different container. Then he heard his name being called. He turned to see his hyung, Hoseok standing near the dining table.

“Jungkook-ah. About earlier…hyung…hyung is sorry. I shouldn’t have shouted at you.”

“No, hyung. It’s nothing. I know…you’re just stressed.” Jungkook just shook his head while smiling at him. Jane who was watching all the while asked them.

“Did something happen?”

“Before you came, I sort of shouted at him. Hey, speaking of which, why did you come early? Like very early just to make breakfast. And it was as if you know I was reading those…”

A light chuckle escaped Jane’s mouth while Jungkook blushed a little. She pointed her thumb to Jungkook while rolling her eyes.

“He called me and his voice was frantic, telling me you’re stressed so… I ran here. He panicked over the phone, like really panicked.”

Jungkook blushed red; he was embarrassed when he remembered how he called Jane right after he was yelled by Hoseok. He lightly smacked Jane’s arm before storming off to his room. He could hear her laugh at him before he closed his door.

“Wow, Tae was right. You guys are close, seeing he called you at 5 a.m. in the morning.”

She turned to Hoseok and frowned.

“Hobi, he’s Kookie.”

“Yeah, so…?”

Jane groaned a little, raised both of her eyebrows while tilting her head. If Hoseok was not too busy figuring the situation up, he would find Jane extremely cute right now. When he caught her look at him, he was truly surprised.

“He’s the Kookie?” She chuckled and nodded. “Wow Jae, we have a lot to catch up. You have a lot of things that you still needed to tell me, you know. And I…I have so much that I wanted to tell you.”

“Don’t worry; we have all the time we need. We can slowly catch up. Now go get ready. Hobeom hyung will be here any minute.”

After she successfully shooed him out of the kitchen, she let out a sigh she didn’t know she was holding. He stared at the direction that Hoseok went. She just shook her head and proceeded to clean the kitchen before she went out.

 

~*~

 

Bangtan was having a break from their practice. It was nearing dinner but they were stuck at the dance studio. Luckily Jane had made them some snacks this morning and now they were hovering over the kimbabs. It was just a simple kimbab that contained eggs, cucumber, crab meat and carrots. Taehyung just looked at the others as they ate while he just stayed seated within the circle that made.

Hoseok smiled at him and hand him the separate container of kimbab to him. The younger was confused but took it anyway.

“Jungkook knew that you were not eating much breakfast so he asked Jane to make these for you. It’s all yours.”

He opened the container and looked at the kimbabs. It looked the same as the ones they were eating. Jimin came over to see what was so special about Taehyung’s kimbab that she separated them. It turned out that there was no cucumber in it but more eggs and crab meat.

She only made it because Jungkook asked her. Nevertheless, he ate them happily. In his mind, all he can think about was Jungkook noticed him this morning, not eating breakfast. He was probably the one who asked Jane not to put any cucumber in the kimbab. He looked to Jungkook and their eyes met. The latter blushed madly and quickly averted his gaze to someplace else. It was safe to say Taehyung stayed happy throughout the day.

 

~*~

 

Jane has been thinking a lot lately. Having thoughts filled her mind, particularly about Hoseok. He was trying to talk to her but she managed to avoid him every single time but she knew she couldn’t do that forever. She was contemplating with herself, whether to tell him everything or kept it a secret, just like how she had been perfectly doing for the past 5 years.

She was in Namjoon and Seokjin’s room, cleaning it a little. After finishing, she eyed the room. If it wasn’t for Seokjin, the room will be messier. Then the keyboard near Namjoon’s computer caught her eye. She walked to it and wanted to touch a few of the keys, letting her fingers hover over them but not actually touching them. She stopped when she felt another presence in the room.

She turned to Seokjin who was in the room sitting on his bed, giving her a smile. She smiled back and was about to walk out but was stopped by him calling her name.

“Are you okay, Jane?”

She was glued to her spot before the keyboard and turned back to him. She looked at him with a confused expression. As if she was saying: what do you mean? And as if on cue, he answered.

“I mean, you seem out of it these days. You daze out a lot.”

She let out a soft chuckle before she answered. “I didn’t even notice it myself, oppa. Does it bother you?”

“No.” he continued, “Is it about… Hoseok?”

“Wh-Why did you ask?”

“It’s just… both of you were not focused this past few days. You always stare into space while he, he can’t concentrate on anything. Did something happen between you two?”

Jane just shook his head, unable to look at Seokjin because she was afraid her eyes will gave her will away. She fixed her gaze at the keyboard in front of her, just staying silent and hoping that he wouldn’t ask anything further.

Seeing her current state, he guessed that Jane didn’t want to answer whatever he was going to ask her. He decided to change the subject.

“Hey, do you know how to play that? Namjoon told me you know how to compose songs. Play something for me.”

She looked at him, grateful that he didn’t pry anything further. Namjoon told him, wow they didn’t keep anything from each other, how cute, she thought. She nodded and took a seat while setting the keyboard. She placed her fingers on the keys, taking a deep breath while closing her eyes. When she opened them, she started playing a soft melody.

When she finished playing, she opened her eyes slowly. She didn’t even realize that she closed them in the middle of the song. She was into it, the song that she loved the most, the song that held her feelings for a certain someone.

Seokjin clapped but there was someone else clapping beside him. Namjoon was also sitting on the bed next to the older male. She smiled at them at first but then realized that she touched his keyboard without his permission. She hastily apologized to him but Namjoon just shook his head.

“No, no. it’s okay, noona. I don’t mind. If you want to play anytime, feel free to do so.”

“Oh… thanks, and sorry again.” She smiled sheepishly and excused herself but then he called out to her.

“Noona, if you don’t mind me asking, what song you were playing just now?’

She shrugged before walking out. “It’s an old song, from years back.”

As soon as she closed the door, Namjoon frowned. His eyebrows furrowed and Seokjin noticed it.

“Namjoon, something’s wrong?”

“That melody, that song… it’s a new song. And it hasn’t been released yet, hyung.” He turned to him and continued, “It’s a new song in our new album.” 

 


i love the piano cover!! (the link) go check out her other covers as well~~ >_<

i thank you all again.. for taking your time to read this.. crap.. *sighs and bows*