Sorting my feelings

Let Fate Decide

Ever since Hoseok saw Donghyuk and Jane together the other day, he has this weird feeling bubbling in his chest. Annoyed? No. Angry? No. Perhaps…he’s jealous? He blushed at his own thought. He’s been thinking about this for weeks. Oh, how time flies fast, especially when he was in promotion period.

Bangtan was now promoting their follow-up song, Dope. Of course, his schedule became busy as usual, which meant that he hadn’t had the chance to talk to Jane. Which explains why he was wide awake at 5 am in the living room. Although he was dead tired from the dance practice that just ended a few hours ago, he refused to sleep. He knew his only chance of talking to her was when she was preparing breakfast.

About an hour later, he was dozing off when he heard some pots clanking in the kitchen. He looked at the direction and saw Jane was already there. Damn, I fell asleep! He quickly scrambled off his feet and went to the kitchen.

“Hey, Jae.”

She only hummed in response. She didn’t know what to say, actually. She was afraid that this day, this particular moment will come; where she had to face him, answer whatever questions thrown at her.

“You didn’t avoid me this time.”

She chuckled before answering. “I couldn’t do that now, could I?”

He laughed softly before sitting at the dining table. He watched as Jane set the finished dishes on the table. He grabbed her wrist before she could walk away from the table. Jane turned to him with a confused expression. She sat down when he gestured her to.

“I’ve been thinking…about what you said last time.”

Jane’s breath hitched a little. The dreadful topic was up. She eyed his hand that was still holding hers.

“As for whether I still like you, or if I was just feeling guilty… Honestly, I don’t know.”

There was a silence between them before Hoseok inhaled and exhaled loudly, gathering courage to say the next line.

“So help me. Help me decide my heart for you.” He paused before continuing, “Go out on a date with me.”

Her eyes widened, her eyebrows raised in surprise. She stared right into his eyes, feeling like she could be lost in his gaze. She was about to refuse, she averted her eyes elsewhere. She wanted to pull her hands but Hoseok held it firm.

“Please Jae. This way, I can be sure what I want. You…you can also sort your feelings towards me as well. Only one date. Please?”

Hoseok looked at her, giving his best puppy eyes ever. She chuckled seeing that look; it’s been a while since she saw that in front of her own eyes.

“You know I’m not gonna fall for that look again, Hobi.”

Hoseok pouted cutely. It’s his last trump card against her. She laughed at how cute he was before nodding.

“Okay.”

“Okay??”

“Yeah.”

Hoseok whooped her into a tight hug, not realizing the girl was a bit shocked from his actions. He quickly let go of her when her phone rang. She quickly excused herself, saying she had other things to do.

“That’s always your excuse, Jae.”

“Hey, it’s true! Did you realize how my phone will always rang in the morning? That’s my cue for my next job.”

“Wait, so you’re not avoiding me?”

“What? Why would I do that?”

“Oh? So I…oh…

Hoseok blushed, he felt all his worries flushed away along with his face. She waved him goodbye and closed the door. She leaned at the door for a few seconds.

Sorting my feelings, huh?

She shook her head slowly and smiled to herself before walking away.

My feelings never changed from day one, Jung Hoseok.

 

~*~

 

Namjoon’s snore was stopped when their manager woke them up. They have been sleeping in their van on their way back from their last music broadcast. They stirred in their sleep before waking up slowly. All but one person.

Jungkook couldn’t sleep along the way. Because a certain brown-haired guy fell asleep on his shoulder. He couldn’t move at all because he’s afraid that Taehyung will wake up. However he needed to wake him up now that they’ve arrived at their dorm. He slowly shook him awake.

“Hyung, wake up. We’re here.”

Taehyung refused to wake up. He scrunched his face annoyed, saying that he want to sleep more. Jungkook only chuckled at that cute gesture. The youngest playfully tickled his hyung and Taehyung was completely up, laughing as his sides came into contact with Jungkook’s hands.

“Hahahahaha Kookie, stop! I – hahahaha”

“Quit playing, you two. Hurry up.”

Their play was halted by a grumpy Yoongi, obviously dead tired and just wanted to sleep on his bed. Both the younger members pouted at the same time and chuckled when they looked at each other. They exited the van and walked to their dorm but halted by their manager calling out to Jungkook. They turned around to see him handing an envelope.

“Jungkook, can you give this to Jane? And tell her I’m sorry I forgot this the other day.”

“What’s this, hyung?”

“Uh... stuff. Don’t open it! Make sure you pass it to her, okay!”

Jungkook nodded and he walked away together with Taehyung. They exchanged glances before staring at the already opened envelope. He said don’t open it…but it’s already open.

Well, curiosity kills the cat.

 

~*~

 

Since Bangtan already ended their promotional period, their diet was not so strict as before. That was why they are having lots and lots of pizza and chicken tonight. Jane was at the dorm too. They invited her saying they are celebrating the end of their diet, but actually they just miss her and were too shy to admit it. After cleaning up, they were lounging in the living room, watching a re-run of their Weekly Idol appearance.

Jane’s concentration was disturbed when she felt a tap on her thigh. She looked to her right to see Jungkook tilted his head to his bedroom before heading there. She waited for a few seconds before following him. As soon as she closed the door, she asked.

“What’s up, Kookie?”

Jungkook had his back at her. He was looking at his desk. There was a silent moment before he picked up the envelope and handed it to Jane. He looked at her in the eyes.

“Hobeom hyung…he asked me to give you this.”

Jane didn’t have to open that to know what the content is. She reluctantly took it from her brother’s hands. She couldn’t look at him; all the while she only stared at the wooden floor.

“Jungkook, I –”

“Are you even going to tell me about this? You’re just going to keep it a secret?”

Jane’s eyes widened and looked up. She quickly shook her head and was about to explain but he quickly cut her off.

“Or are you going to leave without me knowing?”

“No, Jungkook! It’s not like that –”

“Are you going to leave me here, alone?”

“NO! Could you please listen to me?!”

Both of them seemed a bit agitated, having their chests heaved up and down and breathing heavily from shouting at each other. Jane sat on Jungkook’s bed; tapping the space beside her as a sign for him to join her. After contemplating for a while, he sat down. They shifted a little; they were now facing each other, knees touching. She inhaled deeply before talking.

“Okay, I was about to tell you about it. As you’ve read it, it’s a contract, me working in Bighit as a composer. It’s one of my dreams, Jungkook-ah. Shouldn’t you be happy for me?”

“But…you’ll be…”

“Yes, in the States. But not for a long time.”

“3 years is a long time, noona.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his own sarcasm. Jane lifted her hand in an attempt to smack him in the head and he flinched. She laughed at his pout after that.

“But I’m not leaving you alone. You have Bangtan here. And it’s not like you’re not used to not having me. You were fine before this when I’m in Busan.”

“But that’s Busan! I can just take the train anytime if I want to see you.”

“So are you stopping me from going? Keeping me away from my dreams?”

Jungkook kept silent after that. He didn’t want that. After what his noona had went through, he’d never want to see her sad. He’d do anything to make her happy. But he was a selfish brat too. He wanted her by his side.

They were staring into each other’s eyes, as if they were having some kind of staring competition. Their gazes were filled with unspoken conversations, telling each other their feelings without speaking of it.

“Look, Kook-ah. We can still contact each other. And I’ll come back on holidays, I promise.

“Like Bang PD-nim will let you.”

“Of course he will; he loves me. Look at him not letting me go even after I quit being a trainee.”

They laughed before hugging each other. They hugged like they never hugged before, and like that was their last hug ever. Before pulling away, she whispered.

“When are you going to confess to Taehyung? I’m tired of waiting already.”

Jungkook blushed hard and quickly stood up. Clumsy Jungkook hit his chair near the table causing the chair to fall down, making a loud bump noise. Jane laughed out loud but was startled when the door was opened harshly.

“Jungkook! Are you alright? Is everything okay??”

The siblings looked at Taehyung who just entered the room. The latter scanned the surrounding before realizing that nothing serious happened between the two. He apologized before backing out, but was stopped by Jane’s voice.

“You were listening, weren’t you?”

Taehyung looked at Jane who asked her. He blushed a little before fidgeting with his shirt.

“I…was worried…”

Jane laughed for a second time in Jungkook’s room that night. Can’t they be any cuter?! She walked towards Taehyung and pulled him down for a headlock.

“Take good care of him, okay? Or else I’ll kill you.”

“Noona!” Jungkook shouted.

She laughed before leaving the room.