Drunk

Let Fate Decide

Jane just finished her group’s cover of Buckubucku. One of the members couldn’t come but luckily she called Jiho to cover for him.

Jane has been rapping for as long as she can remember. She started rapping since she was middle school. She has been interested in music since she was young, mostly because her parents love to sing (but that doesn’t mean they’re good, their voice broke at every high note). Nonetheless, she got inspired of her parents’ passion to sing, which got her involved in music.

Sometimes she will perform at clubs or other places. She got to sing and rap, plus sometimes the place paid her quite good amount of money for just doing what she loves. From there, she got to know a lot of people, be it underground or mainstream of the music industry. And now there she was, sitting at a bar after performing. She turned around after she felt someone tapped her shoulder.

“Ikje oppa! Donghyuk and Kyum too. Hi guys!” She bro-fisted Kyum and Donghyuk while hugged Ikje.

“Why didn’t we get a hug?” Kyum whined like a baby. Jane just rolled her eyes saying Ikje was an oppa so he was special. She high-fived him and all of them laughed at pouting Kyum. They talked for a while and drank a few. When Jiho came over, he greeted the others. Kyum suddenly spoke.

“Noona, this is Namjoon…or maybe you know him as Rap Monster, Bangtan’s leader.”

What? why is he here? She looked around with her eyes to find any possible way to run but none that she found. She contemplated whether to turn or not but he was already there and she had nothing to hide, right? Slowly she turned towards Namjoon, awkwardly giving him a smile and a peace sign with her hand.

“Jane noona?”

Jane just nodded at him. He was utterly surprised, she got him speechless. He never thought Jane was a rapper. I knew that purple hair seemed familiar! Maybe because he saw her only around the dorm for cooking and cleaning. This showed how much he didn’t know about her.

The others were surprised that Jane and Namjoon knew each other. Then she explained about how she worked at their dorm.

“Shouldn’t you become an idol instead of working for one? You’ve been trained long enough, right? All of us here know you are way over qualified for that.”

“Beats me.” The other boys nodded while Jane just shrugged at the statement. Putting that aside, they drank more and danced on the dance floor. Donghyuk and Kyum just swayed at the beat, sometimes flirting with some girls on the floor. Jiho was good in dancing while Namjoon only danced with his face. They didn’t pay attention at the time so it was no surprise to them that it was already nearing 6 a.m. in the morning.

Jane just remembered that she needed to make breakfast for the boys as they didn’t have any schedule in the morning. She decided that Namjoon can ride with her since she was going to their dorm anyway. He was drunk but still able to walk. His face was red from all the alcohol intake and fell asleep right when he got into Jane’s car.

“They’re not kidding when they said your snore can shake the world.”

Jane glanced at him sleeping at the passenger seat. She was not surprised at the snoring and also his sleep talking.

“Hyung…Seokjin hyung…Jin hyung…”

Jane just laughed more while shook her head. Although Namjoon is the leader, he could be cute at times. His title of ‘God of Destruction’ sometimes doesn’t suit the dimple that he has on his cheek.

When she parked her car, it took her quite a while to wake him up. Luckily he managed to walk by himself up until their front door but he collapsed at the hallway and fell asleep. Jane groaned and tried to lift him up but man, he’s damn heavy!

While at the dorm’s living room, Seokjin was sitting on the sofa while watching the TV in low volume, not wanting to wake any of the members. He woke up a little earlier and noticed the leader was not back yet from his little outing. He decided to wait for him in the living room since he was already up.

He jolted up from the sofa when he heard the door opened but was disappointed only to see Jane come walking in.

“Nice! Oppa, you’re up. Please help me.”

Jane walked back towards the door. Seokjin was confused but he followed her anyway. He thought maybe she needed help with the groceries but he was surprised to see Namjoon lying at the hallway when she pushed the door open. He quickly pulled Namjoon’s hand over his own shoulder and helped him into the dorm, into their room.

After that, he returned to kitchen and found Jane who has started to cook breakfast.

“Thank you so much, oppa. If you weren’t up yet, I almost thought that I need to pull him all the way in.” She laughed at the thought.

“Um…if you don’t mind me asking, why were you together?”

“Oh, I met him at a club. He was drunk by the time we want to get out from there. Since it was already morning, I figured that I might as well bring him with me since I’m coming here anyway.”

He nodded, trying to process what Jane just told him. Wait, they’re drinking together? Seokjin had a frown on his face. When Jane detected the silence, she turned around to see a frowned Seokjin. She quickly explained to him that they were not alone. There were also his friends and also her friends. They met in coincidence and that they didn’t know that they had mutual friends. Hearing that, the guy’s face softened a little while nodding. Jane chuckled at how Seokjin was intrigued by her and Namjoon.

“Don’t worry oppa. I have NO interest in him whatsoever.” Jane winked at him while he blushed. She proceeded to place the finished breakfast on the dining table before she continued.

“Besides…all he asked during his sleep was you.”

Jane even imitated the way Namjoon stirred in his sleep while calling for his ‘Seokjin hyung’. The said male blushed harder until his ears appeared red, mumbling that Jane could be a mind reader. Jane chuckled and made her way to the sofa in the living room and plopped herself onto it. She mumbled about how she can’t drive as she was a little bit drunk and he should go and wake the members for breakfast before she fell asleep.

After a while, the members were having breakfast except for Namjoon, who was fast asleep in his room. Jane stirred in her sleep when she heard the laugh of the members. She slowly opened her eyes but was surprised that Hoseok’s face right in front of hers. He was staring right at her while Jane frowned.

Hoseok stared good at her. He was sure he knew that face somewhere but for some reason he couldn’t remember anything. Her eyes; he saw something very familiar in those black eyes when she stared back at him. His heart thumped loudly against his chest that he was sure she heard it.

“Hyung, you’re scaring her.”

Hoseok backed away after hearing Jungkook’s voice. Jane quickly sat up and straightened her hair and shirt. Hoseok was still staring at her face, like trying to figure something out of her.

“Are you sure we didn’t know each other? Because you looked oddly familiar…”

“If…if my face is so familiar, why didn’t you…recognize me?”

Hoseok was shocked and immediately frowned at the question. Jane’s face was serious but only for a split second before she smiled at him.

“I’ve been told that I have a very familiar face. It’s a face that you can find anywhere.” She laughed it off while he pretended to laugh with her. Deep in his heart, which beat faster whenever she was in range, Hoseok felt something when he looked at her. There’s something at the back of his head but he decided to brush it off. Maybe she’s right. I’m thinking too much.

Jane stood up to go back to her own house but standing up too fast made her dizzy. Hoseok was about to catch her but Jungkook was faster. He caught her and she thanked him. He offered to walk her until her car but she refused so he insisted that he walked her to the elevator.

All these while, Taehyung watched every move of Jungkook with a slight frown. Were they always this close? Jungkook never seemed to pay attention to Jane before. In terms of conversation, he thought that he talked more to Jane than Jungkook to her. Other members didn’t mind this even a bit but it continued to bug Taehyung.

While waiting for the elevator to arrive, Jungkook turned to Jane to check whether she was okay.

“Are you sure you can drive noona?”

She just nodded and smiled to him. He was still holding her shoulders when the elevator arrived.

“You know…they’re gonna find out, sooner or later.”

“I’ll pick later, then.”

They gave each other a warm smile before the elevator door closed.