I Need U

Let Fate Decide

“He’s…my brother. I’m her sister. We’re…siblings.”

“WHATTTT???!!!” Both Namjoon and Yoongi practically screamed in unison, and that caused all the members to come out from their room, to see what the ruckus was all about. When all of them gathered at the table looking all confused, Jane sighed and gestured them to take a seat.

“Since everyone is here, might as well I explain this to everyone, then.”

She looked at the youngest and he just nodded at her. Then, she talked. About everything; about she was Jungkook’s real older sister, that she knew Hobi, about the song, everything. Well, almost. After she had finished explaining, most of them had dropped their jaw in awe.

“So, your name is Jeon Jae In, his real noona…”

“Yup.”

“And you really know Hoseok hyung…”

“True.”

“So you wrote that song and gave it to Kookie…”

“Also true. Any other questions?”

“Wow…unbelievable!”

“Well, from whom do you guys think he got all his skills? He can’t be singing and dancing and rapping skilfully without a trainer.” She chuckled before silence filled the room as no one knew what to say anymore.

Taehyung’s stomach rumbled at that perfect time. All of them looked at him while he just smiled sheepishly at them. They laughed and Jane stood up, ready to prepare lunch for them. Seokjin helped her with the preparation while the others interrogate Jungkook at the table, asking him questions like: why didn’t you tell us earlier? or you never told us your noona is cute! And something like that.

“You know, Hoseok once told us about you.”

Jane turned to Seokjin who was asking the question without looking at her. He was busy cutting the vegetables. She just nodded and continued her cooking.

“But he never told us what really happened. I mean…how you guys…”

Hearing that Seokjin was talking about the topic, Jimin chipped in.

“Yeah noona, if you and Hoseok hyung dated before, why did you guys broke up?”

Hoseok’s expression suddenly turned into a guilty one. He glanced at Jane who had obvious tensed shoulders as she continued to finish her dish. Seokjin can see from the corner of his eye that she was biting her trembling lower lip and had her eyes closed. She didn’t answer the question as she tried to focus on finishing the lunch.

When she finished, she let out a silent shaky breath and started to place their lunch on the table. All the members looked at her, not saying anything.

“We fought, like all the couples do.” She stopped and let out a soft chuckle for a second before she continued. “We’re too young at that time, aren’t we, Hobi?”

She looked at the said male and their eyes met. His eyes were full of guilt while her eyes didn’t show anything. No anger, no sadness, nothing; which made Hoseok opened his mouth, wanting to say something, anything but nothing came. She just smiled sadly. They all started to eat in silence. No one spoke anything, just enjoying their meal as usual. This time, Namjoon spoke.

“Why did you quit being a trainee? From the looks of it, you have enough skills to debut.”

“Apparently not. I don’t have the stuff to debut as an idol, I guess. Plus, after our parents died in the accident, I need to work to take care of him.”

They nodded in understanding. It must be tough for her, losing their parents at an early age and having a younger brother to support. She went on telling them how she worked various part times in order to find money. All the while, Taehyung was looking at her. He thought about the little fight they had and how stupid of him to be jealous of her.

Jane caught him looking and raised her eyebrows in question. He blushed a little and made her chuckle before standing up and washed all the dishes. All of them now knew Taehyung’s baseless jealousy towards her and laughed. Jimin, who had finished his meal walked to her and helped her.

“Noona, you lied when you say you can’t dance, right? If you danced with Hoseok hyung before, you must be as good as him! We should go and dance sometime~!”

Her shoulders tensed for the second time that day but she just shrugged it away and laughed with Jimin.

“Nah…I quit dancing.”

Hoseok who was just listening up until then looked up at her with a frown.

“You…what? …But why?”

“I just…didn’t feel like dancing anymore.” After she said that, she quickly excused herself by saying she got other things to attend to and she left the dorm. Hoseok wanted to ask Jungkook but the latter already disappeared to his room. He frowned harder, knowing what she just said was lie. Yoongi asked his roommate what had him so confused.

“Yoongi hyung, she loved dancing. She loved it more than anything; more than rapping and singing. I don’t understand…”

“You should talk to her.” To that, he just nodded.

 

~*~

 

Unfortunately for Hoseok, their schedules just got busier and busier until their comeback. All of Bangtan members didn’t even see Jane at their dorm. They practiced for their comeback rigorously. They woke up with breakfast and went back to the dorm with dinner already prepared for them. A week after they made their comeback with ‘I Need U’, they won first place for the first time since their debut.

They were extremely happy that they had achieved one of the things that they wanted the most. Taehyung was so ecstatic that he sang his favourite song, Big Bang’s Loser on stage while receiving the trophy. However, some netizens viewed that as a disrespectful to their rivals on first place; saying that Taehyung mocked EXID for losing to them.

The singer was bashed on the internet. He posted on twitter and fancafe, apologizing for what he has done but there was no way those fans (antifans) were going to leave him alone. Their manager scolded him a little, telling him to be careful next time. The other members didn’t thought it will bring harm by doing that.

In just one day, Taehyung was depressed. The next day, the won first again at Music Bank but he didn’t even smiled. Bangtan’s fans, the ARMYs were worried sick at him. They tried to cheer him up but Taehyung wasn’t feeling anything. The members were more worried that he didn’t even vent out to cry or angry with the situation. Even when Jungkook tried to talk to him, he just smiled sadly to him. It hurt Jungkook a lot, seeing the love of his life like this.

 

~*~

 

Bangtan will have an overseas schedule at Malaysia so they were going there in a flight at noon. Jane came to their dorm extra early in the morning to make them breakfast. The members were fast asleep at that time as they ended their practice late last night. So she was really surprised when she saw someone was sitting in the dark on the sofa in the living room when she entered the dorm.

She thought it was a ghost or something but it was Taehyung. He was staring blankly into space, didn’t even realizing that she was there. She called out his name but he looked away, now staring outside the window. She knew about the incident so she just let him have his time while she prepared breakfast.

When she was finished, he was still staring into nothing; his face was more blank than usual. She sat beside him and asked him to look at her but he didn’t do anything. She knew that his eyes were full of tears but he didn’t cry. He tried hard not to. Suddenly, she pulled him into a hug, resting his head on her shoulders while her hands wrapped around him loosely. This caught him by surprise.

“N-Noona, what are you…”

She shushed him softly. His voice cracked, and it hurt her to hear him sound like that. She tightened one of her arms around him while her other hand slowly his hair, calming him in the process. Slowly, she began to speak.

“You know, Tae…there are times that what we do, is not accepted by everyone else. You yourself said this in an interview; ‘it’s easy to rise, but with one small mistake we could fall easily’. Nonetheless, you have people behind you, Taehyung-ah. You have your family, you have your members; Namjoon, Seokjin oppa, Yoongi, Hobi, Jimin and most importantly, you have Jungkook.”

She heard him sniffed and she knew his tears had fallen when she felt her shoulders damp.

“They will always help you, supporting you from behind, offering a helping hand whenever you fall. Trust them, Taehyung. So in the meantime, you don’t need to show that you’re strong. Just cry you heart out, Tae.”

He slowly let his hands clutched at her shirt and he let his tears fall freely on his cheeks, sobbing like there’s no tomorrow, making Jane’s shirt became wet with his tears but she couldn’t care less. What’s more important then was Taehyung finally let out his feelings.