Sorry

Let Fate Decide

Jane was right; they did enjoy their night walk back to the dorm. Only times like this that they can be alone, just the two of them. With their hectic schedule, they didn’t spend much time together. Yoongi had his arm slung over Jimin’s shoulder. Their height was similar so it was never awkward for his arm to do so.

Yoongi didn’t like to hold hands; he prefers doing whatever he was doing now for two reasons. One; if they were holding hands, it may have raised the public’s speculation on their relationship. It was not like he was ashamed of dating Jimin, he just didn’t want the latter to receive any more of the unnecessary hate. And two; putting his hands on the younger’s shoulder made them closer, and he liked that a lot.

They didn’t talk much on their way back. It was never awkward. Besides, Yoongi likes silence and Jimin likes what he likes. Cliché, if that was what you call it but that was it. They went to each other’s room after they reached their dorm, not before Yoongi hugging Jimin making the latter blush.

Yoongi was not surprised when Hoseok greeted him when he entered the room. He knew that his dongsaeng haven’t been sleeping well since they were back from Malaysia. He didn’t ask anything but he knew exactly what was on the younger’s mind.

“Still thinking about her?”

He only hummed in response. Ever since Jungkook told him everything, he had been trying to talk to Jane, but he received zero response from her. He tried calling but she didn’t pick up. He texted but no reply, he knew she read them. He had not seen her around the dorm. They missed each other every time Jane came to cook or clean. It seemed to him that fate doesn’t let him to meet her.

“You guys should talk it out.”

“But what can I do? She’s been avoiding me, hyung. She ignored all my calls and texts.”

“Don’t waste any more time. Go talk to her now, Hope-ah.”

He looked at Yoongi, confused. “Hyung, are you crazy? It’s like… 3 in the morning!”

He sat up from his bed to take his phone from the nightstand to confirm about the time. 2.43 a.m. Well, close enough, he thought. He looked over the other’s bed to see him sitting on his bed looking at him.

“She’s at the dance studio. Go now.”

Hoseok’s eyes widened in surprise. He nodded and quickly got ready to go out. He thanked the elder before going out.

 

~*~

 

Jane had finished stretching and her warm-up exercise. She plugged in her phone to the speakers and set her playlist on shuffle. She bobbed her head according to the rhythm and slowly her body moves to the beat. She let her body dance without caring about anything.

Truthfully spoken, she felt pain in her right knee even since she was dancing with Jimin earlier but she pretended like nothing happened. Of course, she wouldn’t want to show her pitiful side in front of him, right? As other songs continued to play, she danced lightly and she smiled happily.

As expected, only dance can take her mind off things. Things that she was too afraid to deal with. And one of them was Hoseok. He has been contacting him ever since they came back and she knew something was up. After a series of interrogation, Jungkook finally confessed that he told him everything.

She didn’t know how to confront him; what to say, what to expect. She knew that he will feel guilty, and which was why she decided to kept it as a secret for the past years. And now here she was, dancing to get her worries out of her head. The next song came and she stopped at the intro of the song.

She reluctantly danced to the beat that she knew very well. The beat, which was the cause of all her fears and concerns. Her dance was fine until the last move, the spin. She winced as she felt pain in her leg that couldn’t stand firmly on the wooden floor, so she fell.

She stared at the floor before screaming in frustration while her hand curled into a fist and banged the floor. She was so frustrated with herself. She couldn’t even do a simple spin. She used to do wonders with her moves of her body, but now she felt pain with a single stomp.

Suddenly a sound was heard. Jane turned her head swiftly to the direction of the sound, which was coming from the entrance. It was a squeak; a sound made from the friction between the wooden floors and…shoes. One look of those shoes, she didn’t need to look up as she knew exactly who the owner of those green Vans sneakers was.

She opened to speak but only a surprised gasp escaped when she felt that person lifted her from the floor, bridal style. On impulse, she let her arm clung to his neck for support in order not to fall. He had a serious expression, not even looking at her as he placed her down slowly on a sofa at the corner of the studio.

He kneeled in front of her. She took a good look at the one who is in front of her; Hoseok. She stared at him and she saw his face. His eyebrows knitted; he was biting his lower lip to prevent it from trembling so much. She looked at his eyes and followed his gaze, which ended on her right knee.

He had his hand on her basketball shorts. It was actually Jungkook’s but when she wore it, it was like a 3-quarter pants for her. He lifted the right hem of her shorts but was stopped by her hand grabbing his wrist when his hand was nearing her knee. He looked up and her chest hurt when they locked eyes.

Hoseok’s eyes were filled with tears; none of them fell yet but threatening to, once he blinked at it will all fall down. Jane’s breathing was hard; she was still tired from the dancing she did but her heart was beating fast, obviously because of what was going to happen next.

He used his other hand to remove her hand from his wrist and proceeded to lift her shorts to expose her knee. Without even blinking, tears fell down Hoseok’s cheeks as he saw a long horizontal scar just below her kneecap. Jane was somewhat emotional and she felt like crying too.

“Does this…hurt a lot?” he asked while tracing the scar with his thumb.

“It hurts a lot at first…but not anymore. But, here…” he looked up to see that she placed her hand on her chest before she continued. “My heart…It hurts more.”

He couldn’t hold his emotions any longer and broke into sobs. He closed his eyes shut and was crying hard. He managed to say between his sobs.

“I’m sorry, J-Jae… I’m really…sorry…so–sorry…”

She closed her eyes and let her tears fell with his.