Seaweed soup

Let Fate Decide

Hoseok just finished showering at 3 a.m. and the other members were all sleeping already. He was the last to shower. Bangtan had just finished a schedule, a music show to be exact, and they arrived home an hour ago.

He felt his throat dry so he went to the kitchen, but surprised to see the lights were on. From the backside, he could tell that it was their eldest member, busying himself in the kitchen.

“Jin hyung?”

The said male turned around, his eyes widened in fear but then returned to normal as it was just Hoseok. He sighed and resumed whatever he was doing. From Hoseok’s view, he could see the older was cutting some meat, and on the stove was a pot filled with water.

“What are you doing, hyung? At this hour…”

“…I’m making seaweed soup…for Namjoon.”

Hoseok automatically smiled knowingly at his hyung, mouthing a low ‘aaahhh’. While he was drinking some water, he remembered something.

“But hyung…do we even have dried seaweed? We haven’t bought it for a while though…”

Seokjin stopped cutting that instant and frantically opening the kitchen cupboard just above his head. His hands rummaged through the contents and his surprised gasp explained the situation.

“Damn it! I should’ve checked earlier! Arghhh what should I do? The stores that are open now…there’s no way they sell these! Oh my god, it’s going to be ruined…”

Hoseok chuckled lightly seeing his hyung panicking all over the place while his mouth continued the non-stop babbling. He went back to his room, grabbed his phone and walked back to the kitchen while calling someone.

“Who are you calling?”

Hoseok’s eyes sparkled with answers, “Help.”

 

 

After 30 minutes, Hoseok’s phone rang and he picked it up while going to the door to open it, revealing the love of his life, just in her sleeping shorts and t-shirt, all covered up by a long coat. She glared at him with her bloodshot eyes.

“You owe me so damn much, you know that?”

“I love you too, Jae.”

He giggled. And Jane couldn’t stop herself from the smile on her face. They shared a hug and with Hoseok clinging to her like a koala, they made their way to Seokjin. Jane gave the seaweed she brought to him and Seokjin couldn’t thank her enough.

“You’re lucky that I have enough, oppa.”

“Yeah. I forgot to check earlier. You saved my life, Jane.”

Hoseok was sitting near the dining table, with Jane on his lap with his hands around her. They talked for a while, then Jane felt the hands on her waist starting to get loose.

“Hobi, go sleep.”

She heard him mumbling something in his sleep, ‘no no I want to be here’ but she chuckled when his head lolled sideways. She pulled him up and half-dragged a sleepy Hoseok to his bedroom but before she could open the door, she felt his hands on her waist.

“You know,” she shivered when he whispered at her ear “Yoongi hyung is spending the night at the company.”

Jane blushed at the comment. She turned around and lightly flicked his forehead. He chuckled sleepily seeing her red face. She pecked his lips and left for the kitchen.

“Do you need any help?”

Seokjin turned but shook his head. “I…wanted to do this on my own. No offense, though.”

She nodded and sat at one of the stools near the counter, watching Seokjin work his way in the kitchen. They talked a bit, here and there, with Jane casually offering help but Seokjin refused.

“Aren’t you tired? You just came back from a schedule anyway. Why don’t wait for tomorrow? From what I know, you’re free tomorrow right? Kookie’s going to school.”

He hummed in response, nodding his head slowly. “But Namjoon has this variety show recording alone. And I know if I don’t do this now, when he will get to eat it?”

“But didn’t you guys celebrated just now? With the cake and all…I watched the broadcast.”

“But that was with all the members. I wanted mine to be…”

“Special.”

“Exactly.” He answered while lightly frying a few pieces of meat for another side dish. He sighed once. “Last year, I couldn’t make the soup because we have so tight schedules. But I made it for the other members. He complained about it on a log. I knew he was only joking, but still…”

She just smiled at him and remembered something. “So now you guys are going all out, huh? Now that the company has given you the green light.”

Seokjin nodded and Jane couldn’t help but let out a squeak of excitement, which made Seokjin chuckled at her reaction.

“How did they know, actually?”

 

Seokjin thought back at the day the company discovered their relationship. Well, they were caught, to be exact. Typical Namjoon forgot to lock the door to his recording room, and one of their managers, Sejin and 2 other staffs walked in and the sight of Namjoon on top of him locking lips on the sofa was definitely unexpected.

Rumours got spread around in the company like wildfire and in time they were called by Bang Pd-nim and their CEO. Tired of hiding all these years, Namjoon just straight away admitted that they’ve dated way before their debut.

Only God knows how Seokjin felt at that time. He was scared that it would be the end to his career. He was afraid that the company would disband Bangtan and the other members have to pay what they didn’t do.

Worst, he didn’t want to leave Namjoon. What he doesn’t expect when he looked up to face their two bosses was their smiling faces.

“When are you planning to tell us?”

Namjoon was as surprised as he was. They shared a look of confusion before looking up front. They heard one of them chuckled.

“It was kind of obvious, though.”

Namjoon and Seokjin blushed hard that instant and the other two in the room explode into laughter. It turned out that they have always had their suspicion towards the two Bangtan members but they’ve ignored it.

Being caught was surprising enough, being accepted was another luxury that the couple would never imagined before. Later the whole staffs found out, and miraculously accepted them. Just like how they respected Namjoon’s opinion about lgbt.

Some of their staffs (females, apparently) were really supportive, and were rather compassionate about them. Saying that how cute they were.

 

“Cute, huh?” Seokjin’s face showed a shade of red when he heard Jane snickered in the background.

“I was surprised you know” Jane waited before continuing, “to see you and Namjoon’s concept photos back then.”

Seokjin barked a laugh that was followed by Jane. It wasn’t long after she left for the States that Bangtan release new albums. She saw an update and saw their photos; first for HYYH pt. 2 album, them almost a year later for the Young Forever album.

She thought they were cute, the pictures. Then it was until Seokjin said it out loud in an interview that Namjoon was his crush. That was when Jane felt a bit odd. She then asked her brother about it.

 

“Wait, did I forget to tell you? Bighit knew about them.”

 

If at that time she was drinking anything she would have spitted it out right away. Never in a million years would she expect that other than the members would know about them, let alone approving their relationship.

“But oppa, both of you really couldn’t get your hands off of each other, is it?”

Both of them just laughed at the picture Jane just talked about. They were actually enjoying the performance; they never have thought that fans would take their picture at the award ceremony.

“But that Weekly Idol episode though…”

That was totally unexpected, really. Seokjin himself didn’t realize what he was doing that time. All he cared was how weird Namjoon’s way of cutting the onions and he just grasped the situation he was in not until one of the MCs and Jungkook have been singing weird background music. Namjoon’s face didn’t help either.

Bighit was unlike any other companies. Bangtan didn’t have any dating restriction, because they knew Bangtan wouldn’t have the time to do that anyways. Upon discovering Namjoon and Seokjin together, they didn’t announce it; of course, this kind of relationship isn’t accepted well in their country.

But they didn’t try to cover it up either. The best part was they even encourage the two to have private schedules together, just the two of them. They’ve been MCs in a music programme, and also been to a movie premiere, alone.

It’s like telling the world: we’re on a date. Saying the other members were jealous was a bit of an understatement, but they weren’t ready to reveal themselves just yet.

“Smells good.”

Seokjin hummed in agreement. “I hope it tastes good. I can’t wait for him to taste this.”

Jane caught something from the corner of her eye and smirked. “I think you don’t have to wait, then.”

Seokjin just opened his mouth to ask what she meant but only a shriek came out as he felt a pair of arms sneaked around his waist and hugged him tightly. He almost dropped the ladle when a chin came to rest on his shoulders.

“Hi, hyung.”

Upon hearing that deep, raspy voice Seokjin exhaled in relief.

“Namjoon! You almost scared me to death!” he whispered, not forgetting it was only a little past 4 in the morning with the others sleeping in their beds.

“Whoop, that’s my cue to leave.” Jane stood up and waved them goodbye but stopped when Seokjin called her.

“You’re not going to join Hobi?”

The couple grinned like fools while Jane blushed madly and mumbling ‘I’ll come at lunch’ or something along the lines. The door closed and Namjoon turned his attention back to his boyfriend.

“You should be sleeping.” Seokjin said softly.

“So are you. You didn’t have to do all these–”

“But I want to. I want to, Joonie. For you.”

They continued in that manner for a few minutes; with Namjoon latching at Seokjin’s back, whispering sweet nothings into the latter’s ear while he finished up his cooking. As soon as the older turned off the stove, he was dragged to their room.

“Wait, wait Joon-ah! I need to turn off the kitchen lights too!”

They stopped in front of their room and Seokjin was turning round to walk back to the kitchen but Namjoon’s strong grip prevented him from doing so.

“Let it be,” the leader said while opening the door. He pecked the other’s lips making him surprised, before smirking ily at him.

“I want to claim my birthday present.” 

 

 

 


if any of the links doesn't work, let me know~ because it's wayyyy cuter to have medias in this chap hohohoho

happy birthday joonie jooonie namjoonie!!

 

oh and i'm terribly sorry that i've never posted chap 27 pls forgive meeee T^T