Dope

Let Fate Decide

Later that night, right after she cleaned up after dinner she went to the 95-liners’ room. Jimin was once again absent at the dining table so she decided that she would go and talk to the dancer. She knocked twice and entered after he heard Taehyung’s voice asking to come in. She entered and bowed her head slightly at Taehyung but the latter just rolled his eyes. Ugh, childish brat.

Her attention was quickly directed to another owner of the room who was scrolling through his phone. She walked to his bed and sat at the edge of it. He looked up from his phone and greeted her.

“Oh, noona. Do you need anything?”

“Jimin, you need to eat something. You can’t keep starving yourself.”

I need you to freaking eat the meals I prepared or you’ll get sick. That was what she was going to say but how could she? The boy in front of him looked very pale and malnourished. Jimin sighed; knowing this talk with her will come when she knew he was skipping meals.

“I know you’re worried, noona. But I’ve done this before; I know what I’m doing. I want to. I need to.”

“But did you know that doing this will make you lose your muscles too??”

Jimin looked at her confused.

“Starving yourself make you lose all your fat, yes. However in the long term, your muscles will also be lost. Then all you have is just flabby skin and you’ll look like ‘the walking dead’.”

Jimin frowned at her. He’d also thought about that but he had already made his decision. All of his fans’ expectations needed to be met. He needed to have his abs back like his debut times. He couldn’t bear to watch Bangtan’s name go down just because of him.

“I know how that feels, the desperation of losing weight. Well, not exactly how you feel, but I’ve been through that phase before.”

Jimin stared at her for mere seconds before she looked away. Taehyung who was pretending not to hear their conversation across the room put down his comic book and started to listen to Jane. She took a deep breath before continuing.

“I used to be fat before. Once, I weigh up to 80kg.”

Taehyung laughed from his bed but was quiet once Jane threw one of her slippers which hit him right in his face. Jane and Jimin laughed at him when he had a confused expression.

“That’s why I knew, what you are doing right now will only ruin your body in the long run. Which is why, I have a suggestion.”

Jimin looked at her interested and nodded, motioning her to continue.

“There are only two things that you can’t eat; rice and sweets. Other than that, you can eat whatever you want. Even fried things, even dukbokki.”

“What about meat?” Taehyung chipped in. he knew how much his best friend loved them.

“Even meat. Fried, grilled, you name it. You will eat three times a day, like always.”

Jimin gulped. That does sound tempting. He started imagining all the food that he could eat. Then his face became serious mixed with nervousness.

“So…what’s the catch?” She smiled and put a paper cup on the bed. He frowned at it before looking at her confused.

“Simple. You will only eat in this proportion.”

“That’s it?”

Jane nodded. She caught a glimpse of her watch and figured that she should leave. She said to Jimin that how he should think about it. He nodded and smiled. Then she walked towards Taehyungs’s bed. The younger 95-liner suddenly felt intimidated by her and raised his hands in defence.

“W-What do you want from m-me?”

Taehyung inwardly curses himself of the stutter. She reached out her hand at him making he put his guard up. Jane laughed at the younger. She picked up her slipper that she tossed at him just moments before. His face flushed red when realized how stupid his pose was. Jimin’s laughter filled the room together with Jane’s.

She ruffled his hair and waved them goodbye before she left. Taehyung shook his head in attempt to smoothen back his hair to normal. He mumbled under his breath a slow ‘I still hate you’ but Jimin being an attentive listener heard every word he said just chuckled at the scene.

“Both of you are on each other’s throats at every second possible but believe me, you guys look good together, you know…bickering with each other.”

“WHAT? Me, with her?! I think the diet has gotten into your brain, Jiminnie. I HATE her. I hate every cell of hers; I even hate the nucleus inside her cells.”

“Because she’s being too close to Jungkook?”

Jimin chuckled when there was an evident red on the other’s cheeks, spreading until his ears. He was right. Taehyung was jealous because ever since that little battle started between the two, Jane had been clinging to Jungkook at every chance she got. Unfortunately, that chance happened in front of Taehyung every single time.

He pouted at the thought and quickly pulled his comforter above his head after wishing his roommate goodnight. Jimin looked at the paper cup Jane gave him one last time before turning off the lights and sleep for the night.

It was a surprising morning for Bangtan members as they saw Jimin at the dining table during breakfast. He just smiled sheepishly to s and started telling them a new diet that he wanted to try. They poured word of encouragement to him while patting his back. He looked up at Jane who was in the kitchen and gave a small nod while she smiled.

Yoongi who was surprised but happy at the same time also glanced at her. She met his eyes and just shrugged while still smiling.

And because of Jimin drastic improvement, they decided to go to the gym after breakfast as they have no schedule for the day while Jane went and did the laundry. After she finished folding the clothes, she went to the members’ room and placed them neatly on the bed. She didn’t directly put their closet because they’ve agreed before; the closet was something Jane would not interfere.

She thought all of the members went to the gym already. However, when she entered the leader’s room, she was quite surprised to see Namjoon and Yoongi hunched in front of the computer with their frustrated faces. They turned their heads to the door when they heard it being opened.

“Oh, sorry. I though all of you went to the gym.”

“We need to finish this new song for our album.”

Jane just nodded and went to Seokjin’s bed to put his clothes on it. Yoongi and Namjoon looked at each other before they called out her name. She just hummed in response while continuing her work.

“Can you help us with this? We’re kinda stuck with this.”

“Oh…but I don’t know–”

“Jane, Donghyuk told me you’re good at composing and with lyrics. Please?”

Both of the male in the room started to give puppy eyes to her. She pouted and held back from smiling because she knew she couldn’t resist them. I’m gonna punch Donghyuk the next time I see him. She kept that in her mind but seeing how both guys laughed, she must have said that thought out loud.

She went over to them and Namjoon took that as an agreement. He played their new track given by one of the composers of the company. They were now discussing how they have put the arrangement of the members but it still doesn’t right. They have been arranging their members’ turn like they have been doing for their past songs.

“It’s a new beat and a new type of music that we haven’t tried before so we didn’t know what to do.”

“In that case, try a new arrangement of the members.”

Both of them raised their eyebrows and looked at her confused.

“You see, your songs will always start with either a chorus or straight to rap. And for this song, I think rap starts it better. Since you’ve already did the little narration, don’t change it. I think that’s perfect. The maknaes’ singing here won’t be a bad idea.”

They nodded at the part she pointes and she continued.

“As for the rap… let me see the lyrics.”

They handed her a few papers and she read them through. She took a pencil and made some adjustments here and there. They discussed about a few things before Jane spoke again.

“Did you guys realize that Hobi – I mean Hoseok never be the first rapper in any of your songs?”

They looked at each other. Come to think of it, she was right. But then Namjoon said that Hoseok rapped first in Cypher pt. 2 and was replied by Yoongi.

“But we never really perform that song, because all of us agreed that that’s not our best song. It’s just…weird.”

“See? Namjoon, your rap is strong so you’ll start if the song itself is strong. While you Yoongi, damn your rap is so damn smooth I’d die for it. Your flow and your pace and the way you slurred out your lyrics; everything makes me go crazy!”

“It seems like you got a fan here, hyung.” Namsoon chuckled while Yoongi grinned when they saw how excited she was.  They paused a little in their conversation to think about Hoseok before Jane continued.

“Now, what makes everything fall into place is because of Hoseok. You might not realize it but he’s the reason why your songs are smooth.”

They looked at her to see her face had a very soft expression and her eyes had a loving feel to it. Her voice tone suddenly became softer and her lips showed a subtle smile.

“Put him anywhere between your raps and he’ll fit perfectly. Both of you had rapped for a long time and have your own styles. Unconsciously, he’ll change his rap style according to when his turn is in a particular song. He became a trainee by his dance skills but he worked his off for the rapping. He himself doesn’t know what he was doing sometimes, but he is definitely a hard worker. Plus, he’s a great singer too but not many of you realized about it.”

Jane’s mind was filled with Hoseok when she snapped out of her little imagination when she heard Namjoon’s ‘wow’.

“Noona, you’re definitely his biggest fan.” He laughed along with Yoongi. Jane felt her cheeks turned into a pale red but she quickly composed herself.

“I just…knew him for a long time, that’s all.”