Confessions day

Let Fate Decide

“Hyung…you like me, but I don’t like you.”

Taehyung was flustered. What was he saying? Wait…is he being rejected?

“You said I sing better, dance better, and I can rap. Hell, I even have a better body than you, hyung. And you said you like me.”

Is Jungkook saying that Taehyung not good enough for him?

Taehyung’s face fell and he looked down at his lap. He was so embarrassed. He was sure that Jungkook liked him back all these years but…guess he must be over confident, huh? All thoughts left his mind when he felt a hand on his. He looked up to see Jungkook was smiling sweetly at him. Huh?

“You said you like me. But…I…I love you. I love you, Taehyung hyung.”

Wait, what?

Jungkook tighten his hold on Taehyung’s hand before continuing.

“Hyung, the first time I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were special. I don’t care about those stuff you said. I was lucky to know you, even luckier to be even liked by you. You’re always by my side, and I don’t plan on letting you go anywhere. I waited too long for this.”

He looked straight in his hyung’s eyes, smiling a little even though his face was beet red.

“I love you, Kim Taehyung.”

It took a while before Taehyung broke into his infamous grin and replied, “I love you too, Jeon Jungkook.”

They just stared at each other sweetly. They got lost in each other’s eyes, and slowly leaning towards each other and –

“And will you take whatever your next step to someplace else? Apparently there’s a sick person trying to sleep here.”

Taehyung and Jungkook jerked away at each other upon hearing Jane’s voice; both faces were redder than before (if that was actually possible). Jungkook let out an awkward cough while Taehyung lost his balance and fell from the chair. Jane laughed slowly but cursed when she sneezed afterwards.

“We’ll leave you, noona. Rest well, okay?”

She hummed in response and pulled her comforter higher until it covered half of her face. Both male were about to get out of her room when Jane called out Taehyung’s name. The elder from the two turned to her, waiting.

“Take care of him, will you? If you hurt him…I’ll kill you.” She chuckled.

“Yes ma’am!” Taehyung grinned and saluted and they left. Jane smiled to herself and let sleep took over.

 

~*~

 

The second Jungkook and Taehyung walked inside their dorm holding hands, the other members knew. Just looking at their happy faces radiating auras of love, they knew the youngest line was official. They exchanged knowing looks with each other before continuing with their schedule on that day.

They finished their schedule at around 9 p.m. that night. They arrived home and were tired as hell. Seokjin placed the take-outs they bought on their way back in the kitchen. Before anyone could enter their rooms, he caught their attention.

“You know…Jane must not have her dinner yet.”

Bangtan members looked at each other and six of them looked at one person. Hoseok only realized that they were looking at him.

And that brought Hoseok standing in front of Jane’s apartment door. Jungkook had given him the number combination but he was contemplating to punch the passcode in. After mustering his courage, he went inside and quietly entered her house. He put her dinner on the kitchen table and went to her room to check up on her.

Jane woke up to the sound of her door opening. Realizing it could only be Jungkook (and not Taehyung again), she relaxed. She didn’t get off her bed and just continued to close her eyes even though she was awake. She was tired, and didn’t plan to move any time soon. When she heard her bedroom door was open, she spoke.

“Kookie, can you help me? Can you change the water in the basin?”

‘Jungkook’ took the basin along with the small towel on her forehead to the kitchen to get new water for her. After a while, she felt a colder towel was placed on her forehead. She smiled, still not opening her eyes.

“I brought you dinner.”

Her eyes shot open at a speed of light at that voice (which was definitely not Jungkook’s). It took a few seconds before her blurred vision caught who was in front of her. Hobi?

He chuckled a little at her confused face. She had her usual frown on her face, which led Hoseok put his finger on her forehead, ceasing the frown she had. She tried to sit help but only succeeded with his help.

“What are you doing here?”

“I said, I brought you dinner. Are you hungry?”

As if on cue, her stomach grumbled loudly. She looked down to her tummy, she herself surprised that she could make that sound similar to a dying whale. He laughed before went to the kitchen and came back with some food.

He was watching her eat the whole time. He didn’t even remember that he also didn’t have his dinner yet until his stomach let out a soft grumble. It was slow but Jane heard it clearly.

“Go back home and eat. I’m fine here.”

“No, I want to be here with you.”

He stopped her hand that was going to put some food in before bringing that had to feed his own mouth. He hummed in satisfaction when he gulped down that food.

“Hey, you could catch my cold.”

He just shrugged and continued eating together with her. They drank tea afterwards and just sat in silence. Hoseok was the first one to break it when he placed his cup on the nighstand beside her bed.

“Jae…I’ve been wanting to talk to you.”

She looked at him and he does the same. He reached for her hands and intertwined their fingers. He smiled how their hands fit perfectly with each other.

“I’m in love with you.”

Is this a day for confessions or something?

“I…I love you, Jae. I know I don’t deserve you. You’ve done a lot for me. I am who I am now because of you.”

Jane wanted to object but he didn’t let her.

“I just…I know I was stupid. I shouldn’t have run away like I did. This time, I’m not going to. Please, Jae. Please accept me back. I love you too much.”

Jane bit her bottom lip, trying to stop herself from crying. He touched her heart so much. Although he didn’t say much, his intention went straight into her, deep. She knew this conversation was useless. She loved him, and he loved her. That’s all that matters.

“I can’t accept you back, Hobi.”

His calm face turned into a shocked one. Before he could say anything, she tightened her grip on his hands.

“Because you never really left.”

Hoseok frowned but immediately smirked afterwards.

“Did my cheesiness finally rubbed off on you?”

“Maybe.”

They laughed and Hoseok pinched both her cheeks.

“God, I miss your cheeks.” She whined and lightly slapped his hands.

He stopped pinching but his hands didn’t leave her face. He brushed his thumbs over the soft skin of her cheeks. They were both lost in each other’s eyes. The next thing they knew, they were kissing each other. They kissed like never before, and kissed like there was no tomorrow. It was passionate, and full with love. They only broke the kiss because of lack of air.

“You’ll catch my cold, Hobi.” She whispered.

“I don’t care.” And he kissed her again.

 

~*~

 

-The next morning-

“Achoo!”

Hoseok sniffed and rubbed his nose. It was the nth time he sneezed today in Bangtan’s dance studio. All the members were dead tired from the dance practice but Bangtan’s ‘Hope’ was smiling widely, despite his red and runny nose.

“I wonder why that idiot hyung was so happy getting a cold.” Jimin asked Yoongi but he just got a shrug in response. On the other hand, Namjoon had his smirk on his face while wriggling his eyebrows.

“I am more interested on how he got that cold.” And that earned him a slap on his arm by the smiling red-nosed idiot, with a couple of laughs from the members.