Stressed

Let Fate Decide

It was a stressful period for Bangtan members. They were going through practices and practices for their upcoming comeback. New songs mean new choreography. As Bangtan was known for their difficult dance among all other groups, the members put extra effort in their dance practices. It was almost two years since their debut and they really hope that they win first place at music programs.

Fans would leave many supportive messages at the fancafe. And the members would gain strength by reading them, knowing that there are their ARMYs out there that were rooting for them. But with fans there were also anti-fans. The haters would leave hateful comments at every SNS that Bangtan was in.

Namjoon had told the members not to pay attention to the comments. But of course, none of them listened. They would read every single mention especially on twitter and felt hurt by it despite the leader’s warning. The anti-fans would target a specific member at one time. Jimin used to be criticized by his weight and chubby cheeks. Now, it was Hoseok.

It was five in the morning and Bangtan just finished their dance practice an hour ago. Other members were already showered and went to bed, exhausted to their bones. Hoseok didn’t have the mood to sleep. He squirmed on his bed but he couldn’t close his eyes at all. Afraid he will wake Yoongi up, he slowly get out of his bed and went to sit at the living room.

Although the curtains were drawn, sunlight was slowly illuminating into the living room. He didn’t switch on the lights and sat down on the floor, resting his back on the sofa. He was gripping his phone and remembered all the comments he read just now when he was on his bed.

 

He got accepted for his dance? Jimin and Jungkook are enough for Bangtan.

 

Isn’t there enough rapper in Bangtan already?

 

Then he heard one of the doors of the members’ room being opened. Jungkook went to the kitchen to drink some water but stopped when he saw his hyung sitting alone in the dark in the living.

“Hyung? What are you doing?”

Hoseok didn’t answer him and kept looking at his phone that he unlocked a few seconds ago to see the comments again. All of the members knew about the malicious things the anti-fans wrote because their fans had been supporting the rapper with the hashtag #JHopeYou’rePerfect

“Hyung, stop looking at the comments. It’s just going to get you sad.”

“Go back to sleep, Jungkook.” His voice sounded stern.

“Hyung, you should-”

“Go, Jungkook-ah!” He raised his voice at him but not loud enough to wake the members. The younger was startled at his hyung and went back to his room. His desire to quench his thirst was long forgotten. He didn’t want to make his hyung more upset. Although Hoseok was usually happy and lively and bubbly but upset Hoseok was definitely someone you didn’t want to mess with.

He continued to scroll his phone and came across newer comments about him.

 

What’s with the ‘hope’ thing? It’s disgusting!

 

He says he’s a dancer but he actually can’t.

 

Bighit, TAKE HIM OUT.

 

Suddenly the front door burst open and came in Jane, panting to catch her breath. Hoseok was slightly startled but kept his tight face and nodded slightly only to acknowledge her presence. He had no intention to talk to anyone at the moment. What surprised him was when Jane stomped her way to him and slapped the phone out of his phone, it flew to the floor.

“Why are you still reading those?! Are you stupid?? None of those were true!”

After hearing Jane scold him, something inside him ticked. And Hoseok snapped.

“Yes, noona! I am stupid! And you know what? All of them were true!” he took a deep breath and continued. “I can’t rap; I am not good compared to Namjoon and Yoongi hyung! I can’t sing like Taehyung!”

“I got into the company only by my dancing. All I care was about dancing, but I can’t really dance. It’s only because someone gave her spot, that’s why I was able to audition.”

“No, Hoseok. It’s not like that. Calm down.” She kneeled down next to him and put her hand on his shoulder to calm him down but he slapped it away.

“It’s exactly like that! This is my punishment, for taking the spot that wasn’t mine, for taking something so dearly for someone who was a dear to me.”

He looked up to Jane who had a worried face, looking right into his eye. His voice was breaking as he spoke.

“I didn’t even thank her for that. I didn’t even say anything to her. I’m sure she gave that spot to me because I’m so pitiful that she had to give that chance to me. I should-”

He stopped at his words. His eyes widened when she leaned down and kissed him.

 

~*~

 

Hoseok blinked a few times and tried to make out his mind of whatever was happening right now. All he can see was her cheek, her eyes closed while her lips on his. Is this a dream? Is noona…is she kissing me?

It’s not even a kiss. She didn’t move her lips, so as him. She just pressed their lips together but Hoseok felt how soft her lips were and was calmed down by the gesture. All his anger had dissipated into thin air.  After a while, Jane backed away from the kiss but had their forehead against each other. Her eyes still closed and her breathing was warm at Hoseok’s face.

“Calm down, Hobi. Are you calm now?”

“Noona, what-”

She shushed him slowly and Hoseok stay silent. She brought her hands to his cheeks to cup them. She backed away a little only enough to have eye contact with him. She stared straight into his eyes. He was supposed to feel weird by her actions but strangely, he was relaxed by her very actions.

“Listen to me, Hobi.”

There it was that nickname again. His heart started to beat rapidly. She his cheeks with her thumbs and he felt his eyes closed for a while, leaning to the touch. He opened his eyes again when he heard her spoke.

“None of those comments meant anything. You know who you re. Like the fans said, you’re perfect.” She took a deep breath before speaking again. “You deserve to be in this company, in Bangtan. You danced your way in, you’re a great dancer, the best that I’ve known so far. I…I didn’t give you the spot because I pity you.”

His eyes widened in surprise, wider than before. He looked into her eyes, seeing a familiar gaze. Realization hit him, he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. She smiled softly at him, her face held a loving expression.

“Wait…you’re…noona, are you…?”

He stuttered as he can’t form proper words and sentence. She chuckled lightly.

“You never called me noona before, Hobi.”

He pulled her into a hug and she was a little surprised at the sudden movement.

“Jae. You’re Jae. It’s really you.”

After it felt like forever, they broke away from the hug. They looked into each other’s eyes and didn’t say a word. He traced his fingers on her face; her eyes, nose, lips.

“And I couldn’t recognize you. I’m sorry, Jae.”

She just shook her head lightly while still maintaining eye contact with him.

“I lost a lot of fat, didn’t I?” she chuckled and he smiled.

“All these years…where have you been? You cut off all contacts. You disappeared all of a sudden. I have so much to tell you. I haven’t been able to say-”

“Whoa whoa there. One at a time, Hobi.”

She chuckled again. He sighed deeply, trying to form proper sentences in his head.

“It’s been 5 years, Jae.”