Tae's confession attempt

Let Fate Decide

Now that Bangtan have no music broadcasts, they got a 2-week holiday before they embark on their concert tour. It’s not really a holiday, they still have to practice like crazy but it was not between schedules so they were a bit relaxed than before. However they still need to make songs; songs to be used in their next album.

Yoongi and Hoseok were lounging around in Bangtan room; the older was in front of his computer mixing some beats while the younger was scrolling through his phone.

“Hoseok-ah?”

The said male just hummed in question without looking up from his phone. He choked his spit immediately after hearing Yoongi’s question.

“How is it going on with Jane?”

“Wh – what do you mean? Why’d you asked?”

Yoongi gave him a little smirk before continuing. “Well, you seemed…better nowadays. Now that you guys are talking again.”

Hoseok’s face redden up a little but he managed to control his grin from breaking his chapped lips. Yoongi’s raised his eyebrow at him when he didn’t hear any answer.

“So are you dating now?” Hoseok slowly shook his head, which shocked Yoongi.

“What? Why? Have you properly confessed yet? Don’t you love her?”

Hoseok let out a sigh. “Honestly hyung…I don’t know.”

Yoongi frowned. This was so vexing. He was so frustrated seeing his closest dongsaeng like this. He wished for his happiness every day. Hoseok was a ball of sunshine. If any of the members had a bad day, he was always there to cheer him up. Strangely, the members find peace with his hope concept. But it’s not a concept. It was him being himself.

“But…I did ask her out.”

“Ask who out?”

Seokjin spoke when he and Namjoon entered the room. They just arrived and hanged their coats. Yoongi and Hoseok must be into their conversation that they didn’t realize the other two was there.

“Who else is he going to ask?” All of them snickered at the same time while Hoseok whined.

“You better act fast, Hobi. Or she’ll get snatched away.”

“Huh? By who?”

“You knew damn well who I am talking about.”

“Jin hyung, we’ve talked about this. That’s not what it was.” Namjoon spoke before turning to Hoseok. “They’re originally close.” After a moment of silence, he took it as a cue for him to continue.

“Well, you guys knew they were together as trainees before. They were very close because they were the youngest trainees at that time. Plus Jane noona is a genius in music so she teaches him stuff.”

They nodded their heads in unison. There’s no doubt about the genius part though. They’ve heard some of her tracks and damn, they’re good. They even heard that she was involved in ‘I Need U’ and ‘Cypher pt. 3’ making but she refused to put her name in one of the composers’ name.

“Well now, it’s no use talking about this. Jin hyung, get in the booth. We have to finish that demo recording by today.”

Namjoon chuckled when he saw his boyfriend pouted and complaining while muttering along the lines ‘I still think they’re closer than normal’. Seokjin stopped before entering the recording booth to turn to Hoseok.

“Anyway, Hobi. It doesn’t hurt to work faster, yeah?”

After he disappeared into the booth, he and Namjoon talked over the microphone and proceeded to record the song. Hoseok fell into silence after that. Then his attention went to Yoongi’s sentence.

“Seokjin hyung is right, you know.” He just nodded weakly.

 

~*~

 

Jungkook and Taehyung were playing video games again. They were playing the same game they played the other day. Where Jungkook almost confessed to Taehyung but the mighty Park Jimin decided to come in.

Which was why now, when Taehyung was so sure that Jimin was playing along with Seokjin in the elder’s room, he was determined to confess to the youngest member tonight. He decided that if he wins the next round, he will ask Jungkook to be his boyfriend officially. He was so focused into the game. He was about to deliver the final blow when a knock at the door distracted him. That gave Jungkook an opportunity to kill Taehyung.

The older between the two muffled his scream into a pillow he was holding and throwing a tantrum because he lost the game. Well not exactly because of that, but because he lost his golden chance to confess! Jungkook clutched his stomach for laughing too hard at Taehyung’s reaction.

The culprit who caused all this peeked into the room before entering it. He sat on Jimin’s bed while waiting two of the youngest members to stop rolling on the floor. After a while, Jungkook sat up while wiping up his tears of laughter.

“Oh, Hoseok hyung. What’s up?”

“What happened? What’s wrong with him?”

Both of them were now looking at Taehyung, or more of a big whining unmoving lump on the floor. Jungkook told his hyung that he won against him. Jungkook was laughing again together with Hoseok, which earned a louder whine from Taehyung. Then came a silence before the eldest in the room spoke.

“Jungkook, did Jae…said something? Anything?”

Jungkook was startled a bit by the question. He and Taehyung exchanged nervous glances with each other. Is this about the contract? What should I say? Jungkook couldn’t afford to say something reckless. He already received a warning from his noona the other day.

 

“If that big mouth of yours tell Hobi anything about this, I –”

“Come on, noona. You’re gonna hit me? I’m already immune to all your hits.”

“Who says anything about hitting you? I’m gonna hit Taehyung and make his life miserable. And you know I’m capable of doing that.” She gave him a little smirk seeing that panicked look on his brother’s face.  

 

Jungkook swallowed his saliva before answering. “About what, hyung? I don’t remember anything…”

“About…uh…me?”

Jungkook raised his eyebrows in question. He was relieved that their topic was not about his sister leaving the country anymore, but he was surprised that this was the first time his Hoseok hyung asked him something like this.

“No, she didn’t say anything in particular. Why?”

Hoseok’s eyes looked at every corner of that room, not meeting Jungkook’s. He played with the hem of his shirt while mumbling something. When Jungkook said ‘what?’ loudly then he repeated his answer timidly.

“I…asked her out on a date.”

Taehyung bolted up from the floor, wearing surprised expression while looking at the maknae, who was also looking at him in the same manner. They broke into cheers while singing the congratulations song to Hoseok. The latter blushed while ordering them to stop singing. They got excited and started giggling like high school girls gossiping about a cute guy.

“So when’s the date?”

“Next Wednesday. Our off day.”

Taehyung’s eyes sparkled. “We didn’t have any schedule on that day? Kookie, let’s go play at the amusement park!”

Jungkook was about to say yes but then he remembered he had exams on that day. He needed to study all the lessons he missed.

“Anyways, good luck Hobi hyung!” The said male grinned.

 


 

Sometimes when Seokjin was free, he will personally drive Jungkook to school. He was the only member that had a driving license plus he didn’t want Jungkook to feel alone so he went with him. Now he was waiting for the maknae to finish school. The bell just rang so he expected Jungkook to arrive in a few –

The door was suddenly opened, revealing a nervous Jungkook. He practically jumped into the car and urged Seokjin to drive now. He was all sweaty. Did he run just now? Seokjin just laughed before starting the car and drove off.

“Did you get chased by some fans?”

“No. Hyung, drive faster please.”

“Eh? Then why were you tired from running? And why do keep telling me to drive faster? I can’t do that. There’s a lot of traffic.”

“Find a shortcut, do anything, hyung! We need to get to the dorm before Jae noona does.”

“What? Why?”

Jungkook took a breath before exhaling it slowly, calming himself down before answering his hyung.

“My midterms result was posted to the dorm and it’ll reach today.”

Seokjin laughed as soon as Jungkook finish that sentence. Jungkook pouted at his hyung’s reaction. Still fidgeting in his seat, Jungkook warily looked between his watch and the road ahead. She’s going to kill me.

Upon arriving at their dorm, Jungkook eagerly opened the door so that he could go and hide his results. All colour drained from his face when he saw a familiar sneakers, female’s, at the entrance.

He slowly entered while glancing left and right. His heart was beating very fast that he was sure to die of a heart attack now. Yup, his heart stopped a second when he saw Jane sitting in the living room. Next to her were Namjoon and Taehyung, looking up at him with a pitiful expression. In front of them was an opened enveloped; the contents were everywhere on the table.

“You’re finally back, Jeon Jungkook.”

That sent down a shiver down Jungkook’s spine. His noona never called him together with their surname, except when he’s in trouble. Now, he’s in a deep trouble.

“O-oh, Jae noona. You’re early. What are you going to cook –”

“Oh no, you’re not avoiding this.” She grabbed a piece of paper and pointed it to him. “You told me you improved your English!”

“I…I thought I did.” Jungkook answered with a small voice smaller than the sound of a bug but Jane heard it loud and clear.

“How are 4 out of 100 is improved??” She was about to shout more but she held it in. She inhaled a deep breath before exhaling it loudly. She ran her fingers her now black hair. She heard a chuckle and turned to her side to see Namjoon was laughing.

“Sorry, noona. I can’t help but to laugh. But how do you expect him to improve when he doesn’t even study?”

Namjoon laughed again and she frowned.

“But haven’t he been learning from you?”

Namjoon’s laugh stopped at that instant. He quickly shook his head and looked at her questioning her statement.

“But he told me –”

She stopped mid-sentence and snapped her head towards his one and only brother. Namjoon was also looking at him with an eyebrow raised. If gazes could kill, Jungkook would be dead by now with only Jane’s eyes. Jungkook avoided that deadly stare and opted to look at Taehyung instead. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

“JEON JUNGKOOK!!!!!”

And that’s how Vapp’s 1 Minute English with Mr. Mon started.