Have we met before?

Let Fate Decide

“You’ve got to be kidding, hyung,”

All seven members of Bangtan have their eyebrows knitted. Their manager just dropped a huge bomb on them.

“Why would I be? I’m dead serious~” Hobeom laughed at his own joke but it seems the members were not into it, just like all his other jokes that got on Hoseok’s nerve. Seeing that none of them were laughing with him, he cleared his throat and started talking seriously.

“Okay, here’s the thing. You guys just moved from the old dorm. It has been two weeks but it is still a mess. You promised me you will finish unpack a week ago.”

All of them looked around. Yes, Bangtan just moved from their old dorm to a bigger apartment, where they no longer needed to sleep in one room altogether. The new apartment was much larger, much bigger than the older one. It has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen and a spacious living room. This was thanks to them gaining more profit than before.

Two years after debut, and their popularity rose to infinity. People started to notice Bangtan after they released their song; Boy in Luv and their fanbase have been growing ever since. They keep producing albums and the company keep releasing merchandises for fans to buy. They came from a small company and the president, Bang PD-nim knew exactly what to do to make fortune.

Living with only boys, Bangtan did not care much about cleanliness, except for Hoseok. Well, boys being boys, their dorm was always a mess. It was already shown at the entrance where shoes were just everywhere. The boys were known for their love of shoes but they love the shoes only when wearing them. They could have put them in the cabinet but nope, they chose to display all of them to whoever walking through their door.

Going deeper in the dorm, boxes can still be seen in the living room. Some of the boxes were still sealed showing that the boys did not even unpack them. Hobeom just sighed at the sight and continued what he had to say.

“This is why I brought her here. Her name is Jane.” He gestured at the girl standing beside him. She smiled and bowed to the boys while they bowed back. She was wearing a white button down shirt that ends at her mid-thigh with dark purple skinny jeans that had the same colour with her hair. She had a long, straight hair all tied up in a high ponytail.

She was considered tall for a girl but way far from surpassing any of the boys. Um, okay maybe she had the same height as Jimin’s or Yoongi’s. She had a good physique like she had been working out, but not that bulky-muscular look though. She had a lean body, but not too thin either, with curves at her body at the right places. It was safe to say that she looked like a model.

“But hyung, we’re fine as it is. Well, yeah it’s a mess now, but we’ll clean it sooner or later. As for food, we have you to buy it for us. If not, Seokjin hyung can cook.”

The said male nodded. What the leader said was true. They never had problems with food before. They often eat out anyway because of their busy schedule.

“So if I’m not around, and Seokjinnie is tired, what would you do?” That definitely caught Namjoon off guard. He did not know what to reply to that. As there was no reply from the leader, the manager continued.

“Guys, you are preparing for your album, but you still have your other schedules, fansigns and stuff. All these may stress you out. We want you to have proper meals every day despite your diet. Plus, Jungkook is in his final year of high school so I didn’t want him to worry about other things, okay? Are we good here?”

The boys just nodded weakly at the hyung’s statement. They knew that it was the truth. They were stressed thinking of the upcoming album and often skip meals because of their diet. Silence filled the room for a moment. The awkward silence of the boys eyeing each other was broken by Hobeom’s phone ringing. He smiled when he looked at the caller ID at the screen.

“Guys, I have to go. Be nice to her, okay? Jane, call me if you need anything.”

“Okay, hyung.” Jane replied and opened to speak to one of the boys but only a scream came out.

“OWW!!” Her ponytail was suddenly pulled backwards. She turned to see Hobeom with an eyebrow raised to amusement. She wanted to push his hand so that he released her hair but he managed to yank the ponytail higher.

“What did you just called me?”

“Oh. Heehee. Sorry, Hobeom oppa.” Jane smiled apologetically, but it looked like she just flashed all of her teeth while blinking cutely at him. He chuckled and let go of her hair. He waved at her and the boys before exiting the dorm. Jane rubbed at her hair and turned around to face the boys.

“So…. Uh… okay this is awkward. Um, as your manager said just now, I’m Jane, and I’m gonna help around. So, yeah.”

A few moments of silence where all of them were eyeing each other, opening their mouths in attempt to say something to break the silence but nothing came out so they closed their mouths again. It was then the leader started to speak.

“Uh, I suppose you know who’s who, then?”

Jane nodded at the question. “You could say that I’m a fan. I’m a big fan of Bangtan, actually.” She added.

The others had their eyes widened, some in excitement while some just…surprised. There were a lot of thoughts going through each of the members’ mind right now and Jane seemed to know what they were about. Jane suddenly spoke, as if answering a question.

“Well, don’t worry though. It’s not like I’m going to take pictures of you guys and post it online or anything. Please, I’m a fan, not a creep.”

Seokjin laughed at the sentence and so did the other members. Then the eldest was the first to speak from the laughter.

“Well then, I have a question for you, Jane-ssi.”

“Yes?”

“How fast can you cook us a meal?”

Jane raised both of her eyebrows, surprised at the sudden question. Seokjin had always known for his love for food, but that question was sudden. She glanced around the dorm and her eyes fell on the wall clock which showed that the time was 1 p.m. already.

“You guys haven’t had your lunch right? Um…Give me 30 minutes and I’ll try to make anything out of your fridge.”

She smiled and made her way past the members to the kitchen. She grabbed an apron she saw hanging at the door of the fridge and tied it at her waist. She opened the fridge and scanned through the contents.

The Bangtan members sat on the dining table, which was situated just beside the kitchen. The only think separating them was a table top counter that had a few stools, which gave a ‘bar’ feel to the counter. They watched the girl with amusement as she moved in the kitchen, starting to prepare their lunch.

“Jane-ssi, while you were cooking, do you mind that we ask some questions? Well, to get to know you, of course.”

Although she did not turn to the voice, she knew it was the leader.

“Wow, I feel like being interrogated. But sure, yeah. Shoot.”

She chuckled when she heard whispers behind her. The boys were discussing on what to ask her. All but one guy who was quiet since the moment she was in their dorm. He stared at her back while she moved swiftly in the kitchen, cooking some kind of soup for Bangtan members. Next she was cutting some kimchi for the side dish. 

“Do we know each other, Jane-ssi? Have we met before?”

Other Bangtan members stopped discussing when they heard Hoseok asked the question. His face was serious, still staring at the only girl in the dorm waiting for an answer. Upon hearing Hoseok’s voice, Jane suddenly stopped cutting, her shoulders tensed at the question. She sighed softly, put down the knife and turned to face the members. She glanced at the maknae before looking at Hoseok, returning his stare.

“Yes, we have.”