I'm sorry

Just Friends....Right?

Myungsoo's POV:

Second day was the same, I would see people hurtung that boy. -SIGH- what's wrong with them? Why do they hate him? Was it because he's beautiful? That he's tall?

I sat down next to my friends in the cafeteria. "Hey guys." I said weakly.

Hoya looked at me with concern. "Myungsoo? You alright?"

I nodded, but it wasn't alright. It was painful to see what that boy goes through. I looked over to him and pointed. "What's his name?" I asked.

Woohyun turned to that boy and then back to me. "Oh him?" He voice was lower than usual. "That's Lee Sungyeol." He said in mearly a whisper, covering his mouth to his side. "We have the same math class and he's super quiet. Litterally, SUPER quiet. We hard notice that he's in the room." He sighed. "I heard that he's always abused by his parents and he doesn't have any friends."

I smirked. "So why can't we be friends with him?" I asked.

Sunggyu's small eye jerked up at me. "Are you out of your mind?!" He said in a whisper as well. "He's a freakshow. I'm sorry but if you're friends with him, might as well die."

I looked from Sungyeol, back to my hyung. "So you think always being alone is the best for everyone. And that abusing children is good." I said with a straight tone.

He looked at me in shock and then his head fell down to his food. "I didn't mean that."

I shrugged. "I think you're right. Let him be alone, I mean. I'm not really good with new people."

 

Lunch was over and we headed back to our afternoon classes, mine was science. As I walked into the room, I couldn't help but notice that Sungyeol was here too. Huh. We must be in the same class.

He sat at the very end of the room. There was a huge space around him. Sorta like no one wanted to do anything with him. They were all away and chatted along. I smirked and developed a plan. As I walked towards the back, I wink at some cute girl. Damn. She was cute.

I plopped my bag down on the tabled shared with Sungyeol. He jumped a bit and looked up at me. His eyes said it all. Why is he sitting next to me?

I smirked and sat next him. "Can I sit here?" I asked with a happy tone. He looked at me as if he was scared and nodded slowly.

I took out my books and heard the other students stare at us and whispered. Obviously, they were tlaking about me sitting next to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol had his head down facing his lap. His arms were straightened and his hands clenched onto his pants. He said somthing unclear under his breath.

"What?" I asked after not hearing him the first time.

"maybe.........should...." I still couldn't hear him. "What?" I asked again.

"maybe...i......sh.....move,"

"Godammit say it louder!" I shouted, making the kids turn to us.

His fists were curled up more. "Maybe I should move....." Finally, I heard him.

I shook my head. "No way. I wanna sit next to you."

 

School ended and I walked out of school with Woohyun. We started talking until something caught my eye. There were a bunch of girls with brooms beating up Sungyeol. They had grabbed his arm and yelling at him

"How dare you sit next to the hottest boy in school?!"

"What kind of are you?!"

"Myungsoo is mine and a drag like you can't be near him!!!"

I clenched up my fist and ran to him. "Get away from him!" I shouted, pushing the girls away.

One of the girl's eyes widened. "M-Myungsoo?!" She exclaimed,

"How could you be so cruel?! So what if he sit nexts to me in class?! I chose to sit next to me so shut you're ing asses up!" I shouted, holding onto Sungyeol who was holding onto his arm.

The eyes of the girls went totally scared so they ran in a flash.

I took a deep breath and looked at him from under my arm. "You ok Sungyeol?" I asked.

He held onto his arm tightly and began to cry. "My arm....." he said in between tears.

I was confused, what was wrong with his arm? And then I saw it, there was blood coming out of his sleeve. Woohyun ran to me and asked what had happened.

"I need to take him to the infirmary." I said. "I f the others asks where I am, tell him I'm taking care of Sungyeol."

Woohyun looked at me with confused eyes. "But why Sungyeol? Come on. Let's just leave him. I'm sure he's ok on his own."

I stood up and smacked the back of his head. "I didn't ask for you help Nma Woohyun! Just tell the others I'm at the nurse." With that, I picked up Sungyeol bridal style and ran into the infirmary.

. I thought. "That damn nurse left already." I placed Sungyeol on the white bed. He still held onto his arm and looked at me in confusion. "Just leave me." He said. "Nobody cares about me. Just leave me to die."

I was about to smack him but tears fell out of his eyes so I didn't. "I won't." I said. "Just stay here. I'm going to see if there's any medicine or lotion I can put on your arm." I kneeled and lifted up his blood soaked sleeve and I almost fainted. There were so many cuts everywhere. The I realized something. "You still being abused aren't you." I said to him, looking into his eyes but he looked away and began crying.

My hand went up and his cheek. "Don't worry. I won't hurt you." He turned slowly and looked at me and then nodded slowly.

 

The room was silent except the opening and closing of cabinets. "Dammit." I cursed out loud. "There's nothing useful. OOO~A book of . Wait no! I need to find some medicine." I shouted as I threw the book.

Behind me, I heard Sungyeol giggling. I turned around and he stopped and turned to look outside with a blush on his facing and his hand covering his mouth pretending to be coughing.

"You shouldn't cover up you're mouth." I said. "It hides your beautiful smile."

He looked at me and blushing, his eyes darted to the floor.

The room was quiet again until I found some medicine. "Finally." I said out loud and walked over to Sungyeol.

He looked at me with his innocent eyes. "Will it hurt?" He asked like a five year old. Cute. I thought.

I shook my head. "It'll sting at first but it'll make you feel better." I gently took his arm but he quickly snatched it away.

"How do I know if I can trust you?" He asked, his eyes beginning to water.

I sighed. "You just have to. I'm not going to hurt you. You have to turst me. I've already saved you from those es and brought you here so why can't you trust me?"

He thought for a moment and then he winced. I guess his arm hurt again. I quickly took his arma nd spread the medicine on a q-tip and waxed it over Sungyeol's arm.

He winced at ever touch but I would always blow on it which made the pain leave a bit.

As I kept helping his arm, he began to speak. "Why.....are you being so nice to me? Why aren't you like them?"

I concentrated on his arm but I said that, "I feel sorry for you. You know, for the abusing and the other people." I looked into his eyes. "I know that you're not a bad person and neither am I so why can't we be friends?"

He shook his head. "We can't. You know it yourself." He sobbed. "If we become friends then everyone will start to hate you because of me so I'm not going to let you pay that cost. I'm not worth to become anyone's friend, not even an animal's so just forget about that idea. Let's just head back ok?"

Not wanting to say more, I nodded and stood up, heading out to school with him following behind.

The others waved at me from the gate but stopped when they saw who was behind me. "What do you want?" Sungjong asked coldly as he walked up, arms crossed, at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol didn't look up. He just continued to stare at the floor. "I....Myungsoo....umm....."

Sunjong smack the back of Sungyeol's head, making him wince. "Well?! Speak up!" He shouted.

Sungyeol glanced at me and was about to say something but I interrupted him. "I took him to the infirmary and help his arm."

Sungjong's eyes widened. "You what?! That's disgusting! How can you help someone like this thing?!"

I glared at him. "He isn't a thing. He's a human. Which means that he has feelings."

Sungjong huffed. "Like I care about him." Then he looked at me. "Myungsoo. If the school found out you were being nice to him, then everyone is going to leave you and hate you! And to be honest, I think I'm starting to."

 

Sungyeol's POV:

After that Sungjong girl finished yapping, I glanced at Myungsoo who caught it and glanced back at me. I sighed. "I told you that this wasn't going to work."

He remained quiet. "That girl's right. You're idea of us being friends is impossible. If you want it to work, there will be a cost. And that girl already said it already. Everyone will start to hate you. And I can't let you pay that price just because you were doing something nice to me." I looked down at the floor. "I'm Sorry. I just can't." 

I began to walk but he grabbed my arm. "Sungyeol..." He said lowly. "I just want to help you...."

I looked at him. "Myungsoo....do both of us a favor. Don't bother to help me, don't bother talking to me, don't bother being nice to me,don't bother anything that has to do with me....otherwise....othwerise you'll have to pay the cost......you'll lose everything just because of me. I can't let that happen. I'm sorry." I began to walk out the gates, the Woohyun kid was clinging on a small eyed boy. He began walking towards Myungsoo and purposly bumped my shoulder, making me drop my bag and my books falling out.

"And you..." He began. "Don't bother being with Myungsoo...cause it's never going to happen." He hissed.

I stood up and looked at him. The others were crowded around Myungsoo so I think he wouldn't hear what I was about to say. "I never did bother. And you shouldn't be telling me this. You should be telling Myungsoo. He's the one that was nice enough to help me. And you should be the one that should be grateful that I didn't accept his friend request otherwise you and the others would have left him. So I tried my best not to accept his offer. Vause I know that me having friends,.... is too good to be true. So get out of my face."

I turned around and began walking again. My arm began to  hurt on the way home. It wasn't bleeding, just hurt. It was stinging....just like what Myungsoo said it will. But...the pain.....it felt good.