Of Tea and Cologne

You're Worth It

Namjoon remained silent the entire time as Jin led him out of the store out into the sidewalk. He didn’t question if his friend would cover for them or why he was so flustered with them seeing him with Jin. Namjoon on the other hand was more focused on the fact that Jin was holding his hand. Jin finally came to a stop and let go of his hand, much to his dismay.

 

“You don’t waste any time, do ya?” Namjoon chuckled.

 

Jin shook his head, laughing breathlessly. “No, I guess not.”

 

The two stood in silence for awhile, said for the cars zooming in the street and people walking pass them.

 

“So, now that we’re alone, what do you want to do?” Namjoon asked, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

 

Jin felt the blood rush to his ears. “A-alone? I wasn’t trying to do anything..! I-I was just trying to-”

 

Namjoon stopped Jin’s rambling by placing his hand on the top of his head. “Don’t think too much, you’ll hurt yourself,” he said amusingly.

 

Jin shut up after that. “So, what do you want to do the entire time?” Namjoon asked again.

 

The brunette shrugged. “I don’t know. I didn’t really plan this out you know.” He tugged his loose-fitting jacket closer around his frame and shivered.

 

“You cold?”

 

Jin shook his head. “A little bit, but I’m fine. Namjoon?”

 

Jin looked around and spotted Namjoon buying something from a nearby food cart. He returned to Jin holding a foam cup. “They didn’t have any hot chocolate, so I settled for tea.” He handed the cup over to him.

 

Jin accepted the cup and held it with both of his hands. The heat resonating from the cup warmed his cold hands. He blew on the steam a couple times, then hesitantly brought it to his lips, taking a sip. The warm liquid practically had his insides melting. In a comforting way of course. Jin looked up at Namjoon through his lashes and caught the other male smiling at him. Jin raised the cup higher, hoping to hide his blush. He was greatful that is was at least chilly. His cheeks were already pink, so who could tell the difference?”

 

“Thank you,” Jin said in a soft voice once he finished his drink.

 

Namjoon nodded, a smile still evident on his face. “No prob. So, I saw your picture in the mail today.”

 

Jin smiled shyly. “Oh, those.”

 

“Hey, no need to be shy, you looked great in those photos!” Namjoon patted his shoulder encouragingly.

 

By now, Jin’s ears had turned red out of bashfulness. He couldn’t handle the way Namjoon found a way to make his heart skip a beat. “Thanks to you. Makeup did wonders.”

 

Namjoon rolled his eyes, then glanced at his watch. “Whatever you say Jinnie. Anyway, as much as I would love to stay and chat, I’m afraid I’m running late for an appointment. Not to mention I haven’t payed for.” He held up the bag filled with stuff he was buying from the Bath and Beauty store. “These.”

 

Jin’s eyes widened, completely forgetting the cute nickname Namjoon just called him. “Omo..mianhae Namjoon. I forgot that you were actually buying stuff.”

 

Namjoon shook his head and reached for his hand this time. “It’s fine. C’mon, I’ll walk you home.”

 

“Do you even know where I live?” Jin teased.

 

Namjoon smiled smugly. “Don’t tell me.” He held a finger up for a pause. “I’m guessing the  Baegopeun Yeou, which is practically right down the street.”

 

Jin gawked at him. Okay, he was good. “Well played,” he nodded his head approvingly, then allowed him to guide him down the street.

 

Once they reached the front door, Jin looked through the glass. The restaurant didn’t seem to full, which was a relief. He was about to pull away when he felt something pull him back. His eyes moved down and realized that Namjoon’s hand was still wrapped around his. “Um..” Jin looked down. Namjoon followed his initial gaze, then released his hand, and rubbed the back of his neck embarrassingly. “Erm..I guess I’ll see you later then.”

 

Jin nodded with a small “mmhm.”

 

With that, he walked into the restaurant, and watched as Namjoon started walking back down the street (laughing when Namjoon stumbled on his feet) through the window.

 

Jin walked upstairs into his room and took out his phone, expecting to find at least a billion texts from his friends by now. His assumption was half correct.

 

{10 unread messages}

 

Yoongi: Yo hyung, where did you run off to??

 

Kookie:  Hyung, who was that guy with you

 

Jimin: I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that

 

Kookie: Hyung seriously, who is he?

 

Yoongi: You’re friend Hoseok offered me a ride home.

 

Jimin: He turned him down

 

Kookie: Do you have a boyfriend now Hyung??

 

Kookie: Omg you do!

 

Kookie: JIN HYUNG HAS A BOYFRIEND ≧▽≦

 

Kookie: JIN HYUNG HAS A BOYFRIEND ≧▽≦

 

Jin laughed out loud after he finished reading all of his friends text. He knew he couldn’t answer all of their questions, so he kept his text really simple.

 

Seokjin: Don’t worry guys I wasn’t kidnapped or some like that. His name is Namjoon and he’s not my boyfriend

 

Jin hesitated, before texting,

 

Seokjin: Don’t worry guys I wasn’t kidnapped or some like that. His name is Namjoon and he’s not my boyfriend. He’s just a friend.

 

He pressed SEND then placed his phone on the bed. Before he had a chance to even blink, someone suddenly texted him. Expecting it to be from the usual three, he was surprised to find an unknown number.

 

Unknown Number: Sup girl~

 

Jin blinked then texted back.

 

Seokjin: Wrong number

 

He got a text almost immediately.

 

Unknown Number: Wait don’t go! That was my bad, I’m not used to not calling someone girl...It’s just me, Namjoon

 

Jin made an “oh” sound then saved his number to his phone.

 

Seokjin: sorry, I didn’t know it was you lol. How’d you get my number

 

Namjoon: Hoseok

 

Jin rolled his eyes. Figures, he thought in amusement.

 

Namjoon: I just wanted to let you know that you’ll be having another photoshoot tomorrow

 

Jin’s eyes widened. Normally he would’ve started freaking out. It had only been a day since the interview, and after that moment, he was exhausted. However, part of him was actually excited. After seeing how the catalogues came out gave him a new found confidence. He may have also wanted an excuse to see Namjoon again. He still couldn’t explain what he was feeling. He liked Namjoon that was for sure, but he didn’t know if it was more than that.

 

Texting back a quick Ok, thanks for the heads up ^v^ He plugged his phone to the charger then proceeded on taking a shower.

 

~

 

“I’m here for a photoshoot at 7’o clock. It’s under Kim Seokjin.”

 

“Oh right, you are right on time. Down the hall to the left is where the dressing room is honey.”

 

Jin followed the secretary's direction until he reached the door of his dressing room (which now had the nameplate Kim Seokjin). He knocked on the door and waited. Hoseok opened the door and smiled when he saw him, then pulled him in. “Aish, you know this is your dressing room, so you don’t have to knock!”

 

Jin shrugged. “You never know if someone else is in there.”

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “Whatever, let’s get you ready.”

 

The auburn haired male went back to the same rack and grabbed a red plaid jacket and black skinny jeans. “No need to change out of that white shirt, just put on the jeans and the jacket.”

 

Jin nodded then took the clothes from Hoseok’s hands and changed behind the Japanese screen again. Once he had the jacket and pants on, he was seated back by the little vanity. Hoseok got to work by teasing his fluffy hair with a comb and hair spraying it in place. “So I heard you offered Yoongi a ride,” Jin said.

 

Hoseok made a little groan. “Yeah..but he turned me down. I don’t even get why he said know. I’m irresistable.” Jin winced when Hoseok accidently yanked his hair with the comb. “Oh sorry,” giggled sheepishly. Hoseok did a little curling here and there, then stepped back to admire his work.

 

Once again, Jin was amazed by his work. His hair looked poofier, yet slightly curlier than usual. Jin smiled up at Hoseok. “Don’t worry, Yoongi is like that all the time. Believe me, he turns downs almost anyone who offers him a ride.”

 

Hoseok pouted, but nodded nonetheless. “Is there anything I can do that’ll at least make him like me?”

 

Jin thought for a moment. “Well acting nice is out of the question. Honestly, I don’t even remember how I became friend with him. My only advice is that you don’t provoke him in any way, which you don’t have to worry about since your adorable and hard to resist.”

 

Hoseok cupped his face in an aegyo style teasingly.

 

Jin laughed. “See what I mean. Yoongi’s a difficult one, but he’s still a good friend. You just gotta find his soft side, arraso?”

 

Hoseok nodded once more, then grabbed his hand. “Enough talking, time for makeup.”

 

Jin’s eyes sparkled. He hoped he wasn’t being too obvious on how he just wanted to get to makeup already.

 

Leading him down the hall, Hoseok opened the door to the makeup room where Jin wasted no time walking inside. He looked around the room and saw Namjoon picking up some fallen cosmetics off of the floor. The crouching man spotted Jin. “Oh hey Jin-ow..! ..” He hissed when he accidently bumped his head on the desk.

 

Jin rushed over to him. “You ok?” He asked in concern.

 

Namjoon rubbed the spot on his head and nodded. “Yeah, I’m good. Anyway, let’s get to makeup, shall we?”

 

He stood up from his crouching position. Placing the makeup back in it’s pile of makeup, he sat Jin down and admired his outfit. “Hoseok?” he guessed.

 

“Obviously.”

 

Chuckling to himself, Namjoon grabbed the concealer brush and started applying some concealer underneath his eyes and other parts of his face. Grabbing the foundation brush, he poured out some of the foundation on the back of his hand. “Did you take my advice?” He asked Jin.

 

Jin bit back a smile. “Kinda...I don’t really wear makeup, until today of course.”

 

Namjoon brushed the foundation all over his face as he smiled. “You don’t need it.”

 

Jin’s ignored the fluttery feeling in his chest and decided not to say a word again.

 

After setting the first layer with powder, Namjoon started coating his eyelids with a thin strip of gold. He grabbed a light brown shade and applied that to the lower lashline. Then, he picked up a jet black eyeliner and lined both lash lines. He started coating black on the outer corners of Jin’s eyes, which he smudged with the smudging tool, creating a smokier look.

 

Namjoon grabbed more of the concealer and applied some to his lips. Using his ring finger, he blended it out on his lower lip. “This is just going to add a bit of highlight,” Namjoon informed, hoping to distract more of himself from the fact that Jin’s lips felt so soft. He finally applied a tinted lip balm on his lips to finish the look.

 

Namjoon pulled back and stared at Jin. He felt his eyes start to hover over Jin’s lips again. You are going to be the death of me, Kim Seokjin.

 

The photoshoot finished surprisingly faster than the last time. It was probably because they decided to take pictures outside, where the trees were a pretty shade of reds and oranges. Bypassers would sometimes stand and watch as they would take pictures of Jin. Seokjin chose to ignore them, of course, he couldn’t help but smile as people even took a couple of their own pictures. He usually didn’t like attention, but somehow it felt different. Jin started to accept the way he look, and he was proud of that.

 

Jin was then seated back in the makeup room, with Namjoon removing the makeup with some makeup remover wipes. “You seemed a lot less camera shy that time Jin. I’m proud of you.”

 

Seokjin blushed at the compliment. Once all of the makeup was taken off of him, he gazed back up at Namjoon.

 

Namjoon cleared his throat, breaking the gaze away from him. “So um...I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight.”

 

Jin’s heart did a backflip. “Y-you mean like a date?”

 

“Kinda, I was thinking if you’d want to maybe get some dinner. There was this really good Italian place I found. Originally I was thinking we could have dinner at your restaurant, but I figured that would be weird what with your parents owning the place and-”

 

“I love Italian and you can pick me up around 8.”

 

Namjoon looked back at the pretty man in front of him. “Huh? Is that a yes?”

 

Jin nodded, finding Namjoon’s gawky side adorable.

 

Namjoon released a sigh of relief. “Holy Jin, I almost thought you’d reject me.”

 

“What’d  makes you think I’d reject you?” Jin asked.

 

Namjoon. “Well, it’s just you’re you and I’m me, and- I don’t know ok.”

 

To be honest, Jin didn’t expect that. If anything, going on a date with Namjoon was a dream come true. “Namjoon, you don’t have to get all scared with asking me to go out with you, because I’d say yes in a heartbeat. Besides, you literally saved me from making the first move.

 

Namjoon's eyes dilated. “Oh...well, heh, this is awkward.”

 

Before the duo could say anything further, the door opened revealing a flustered Hoseok. “Jin hyung, Jungkook gave me Yoongi-ah’s number, what do I say?!”

 

Jin turned to Namjoon and whispered, “I’ll see you at 8.” With that, he got up and walked over to the love-stricken male to help with his dilemma.

 

~

 

Clothes scattered the ground as Jin recklessly and absentmindedly threw them on the floor. The older male was about ready to pull out his hair in utter frustration, as he just could not find a single piece of clothing he thought could be appropriate for a first date.

 

“Screwed, I am freaking screwed!” He flopped down onto his duvet and groaned into his pillow.

 

“I’m pretty sure I could’ve sworn this used to be my brother’s room and not a hoarder’s nest.” Hyosang walked into the room along with Minji.

 

“It looked like a tornado just hit,” she muttered, kicking stray clothes aside.

 

“A tornado of feels.” Hyosang laughed at his own joke.

 

Seokjin continued to groan into his pillow. “Not funny hyung!”

 

Hyosang sat down on top of his bed and patted his legs. “Ah, don’t worry, first dates are always the worst. You get so nervous that you forget to speak, and don’t get me started on those weird hugs you give at the end. Take Minji for example, the last dude she dated practically-ow, ow, ow, ok, ok I’m shutting up, I’m shutting up.”

 

Hyosang rubbed his ear where Minji pinched him. Jin’s cousin took the spot his brother was sitting in an said in a consoling voice, “the point is Jin, the best thing to do on a first date is to not freak out. Take is slow, you’re not getting married tomorrow.”

 

Seokjin got what she meant, although the idea of marrying Namjoon made him coo on the inside. He sat up and gave Minji a small smile. “Alright, what do I gotta do?”

 

Minji returned the smile. “First, we have to get you dressed.”

 

She strode over to the remaining rack of clothes, then tossed him a collared sweater that was white at the top, but was gray at the bottom and a simple pair of jeans.

 

“For shoes, you’d be safe going with your black converses,” she added.

 

Jin nodded, then gathered up the clothes before changing in the bathroom. “So, do I look alright.”

 

“Heck yeah you do,” Minji said as she brushed his bangs to the side. She then held up a necklace for him to see. “I asked your mother if you could wear this.”

 

the necklace was a simple silver chain that had some individual beads strung on it and a silver cross dangling on the end. Minji helped Jin clasped the necklace around his neck then smiled, with a hand pressed against her chest. “Oh, I feel like such a proud umma.”

 

Jin chuckled. “Why are you the one getting all emotional on me?”

 

Minji gave his shoulder a light push. “Yah, I at least deserve a thank you for all the help I’ve done.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Thank’s Min, you really helped.”

 

“I know I did Jin," Minji sniffed.

 

Hyosang poked his head through the door. “Hey Jin, oh you look great. Anyway, you’re date’s waiting downstairs in case you’re wondering.” He emphasized the word date with a little brow wiggle.

 

Jin nodded. “Alright, tell him I’ll right down.”

 

Minji suddenly stopped him again. “Wait one more thing.” She ran out of the ensuite for a minute, then came back with what looked liked a tiny bottle. Unscrewing the cap, it revealed a little ball. She ran the roll on cologne behind Jin’s ears, then pulled back. “Okay, now you’re ready.”

 

With that, Minji exited the bathroom. Jin took one last look in the mirror and took a deep breath. He fixed his hair to make himself look at least attractive (not that he already was), then turned off the light and made his way downstairs to meet with Namjoon.

 

Hello again my lovelies, I'm back with another update. Starting this week, I will be starting highschool, so it's only a matter of time when I can find time to type. Of course I will be working on this story. It's just the updating I'm worrying about. Until then please comment, subscribe, and upvote. All of my subbies are my happiness TTvTT