Of Hot Pot and Rings

You're Worth It

Last chapter loves! Omigod, I can't believe that it's actually over now! You guys have been such an inspiration, as well as motivation for me. It's hard to believe that this story recieved so much love. And for that, I thank all of YOU. So, enjoy! 

 

“Ummmaaa, I need help with my tie!!” Jungkook whined as he continued to tug cluelessly at the black and yellow star printed tie around his neck.

 

Footsteps pounded upstairs to Jungkook’s room; in came Jin. “Jungkook, don’t you think you should stop calling me umma now that you’re graduating?” He asked amusingly.

 

Jungkook tapped his chin. “Let me think about it...nope.”

 

Jin rolled his eyes at the maknae and just walked over to him so he could fix his tie. “I still can’t believe you’re graduating,” Jin sighed. “You make me feel like such a proud hyung.”

 

Jungkook giggled then kissed his hyung’s cheek. “I always knew I’d make you proud.”

 

“Yah!” Jin slapped his shoulder playfully. “Don’t get cheeky with me mister.” He then pinched his cheek, causing the younger to laugh. He joined in on the laughing.

 

He then tugged on his arm. “Come on. Everybody’s probably waiting.”

 

When the duo got downstairs, Jimin and Namjoon immediately walked over to their respected lover, pulling them apart so they would stand by them. Jimin was already donning the same yellow uniform and tie as Jungkook.

 

“Hey baby, you look cute,” Jimin cooed.

 

Jungkook eyed him from top to bottom. “Jimin, we’re both wearing the same uniform.”

 

The elder only wrapped his arms around his waist as he leaned in to whisper in his ear, “But after graduation, they won’t be on.” He then gave the shell of his ear a nibble, causing the maknae to blush furiously and release a shuddered sigh of pleasure.

 

Seokjin suddenly cleared his throat, interrupting their y time. “If you would be so kind as to save the dirty thoughts for later, when there’s no one around, and let me take a picture, that would be swell.”

 

Jimin and Jungkook both shared the same mischievous smile. With one hand wrapped around his waist, Jimin pressed his lips to Jungkook’s cheeks, while the latter smiled at the camera and held up a peace sign. Jin snapped the picture, capturing one out of an infinite amount of memories.

 

Mrs. Jeon finally called the boys, telling them that it was time to go. Jimin, Jungkook, Suga and Hoseok got into Mrs. Jeon’s minivan, while Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung got into Namjoon’s sedan.

 

The two cars finally drove off towards the school where the graduation ceremony was taking place.

 

~

 

Jungkook continued to fidget in his seat, absentmindedly tugging at his tie. His leg bounced up and down as the headmaster finished his speech and started calling up the students one by one accordingly in alphabetic order.

 

Jungkook was nervous to say the least. He was finally graduating high school. Part of him was excited; finally being able to continue his life, achieving goals, and spending collage life with his love. But another part of him was reluctant to leave his friends and family.

 

Jimin noticed his boyfriend’s nervous state and just chuckled as he placed a hand to keep his knee from bouncing. Jungkook looked up at Jimin with confused eyes. Jimin leaned in close to his ear and whispered, “relax baby, you’re gonna be fine.”

 

Jungkook released a sigh of exasperation. “I’m gonna miss them baby; Jin hyung and Yoongi. I’ll also miss umma and appa.”

Jimin smiled in pure adoration. “We’ll see them again Kookie. All of them. You’ll see, they’ll be with us every step of the way. I will too.” He grabbed his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze as well as a kiss on the cheek for good measure.

 

Jungkook only giggled as Jimin continued to shower him with affection. Oh, how he was thankful that he’d be with him during college.

 

Jungkook cupped his boyfriend’s chubby cheeks and rubbed their noses together. “Jimin..thanks for always being there for me.” He released another sigh. “ I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

 

Eyes b with tears of joy, Jimin only brought Jungkook closer to him as he smashed their lips together. Jungkook held onto the lapels of Jimin’s jacket, tugging him closer to he was pressed against his chest.

 

Needless to say, Jungkook’s mind completely shut off, missing his headmaster call name two times.

 

“Jeon Jungkook, please come to the stage to retrieve your diploma.”

 

A student that was seated behind them, hesitantly tapped Jungkook on the shoulder. “Um, Jungkook hyung?”

 

The maknae swatted the boy’s hand away and focused on working his lips on Jimin’s. Again, the same latter only tapped his shoulder again. “Jungkook hyung, the headmaster-”

 

“One minute,” Jungkook said, his voice muffled by Jimin’s mouth, who only his lips, begging for entrance.

 

Before things could get any more heated (or before Jimin got a hard on), the headmaster’s voice boomed through the stadium. “Jeon Jungkook, please, if you will, come up on stage so we can get to everybody else!”

 

Jungkook finally pulled away and stood up. Quickly styling his hair to make himself look more presentable, Jungkook started skittering towards the stage. He bowed twice in front of his headmaster, apologizing for the delay.

 

His headmaster, stern as he is, was also mellow. He just shook his head and handed him his diploma. Jungkook shook his hand, then started walking down the stage. He waved at the audience when he heard his friends, family, and boyfriend cheer his name.

 

Returning back to his seat, of which he was welcomed by a heartwarming kiss, Jungkook leaned back in his seat and waited for the rest of the students to receive their diplomas.

 

Name after name, Jimin finally joined one of the last batch of students on stage and received his diploma. Once all of the students had received their own certificate, they all lined up to take one big picture.

 

During the picture, Jimin ever so sneakily maneuvered his way towards his boyfriend. He grabbed his hand and laced their fingers together. He leaned over to whisper, “congratulations Jeon Jungkook, you just graduated.”

 

Jungkook smiled that same bunny like smile just as soon as the camera flashed, capturing the moment in lenses.

 

~

 

Jimin and Jungkook followed the rest of the students out into the school field in search of Jin and their families. The couple walked hand in hand through the sea of students, hoping to catch sight of a certain purple haired male.

 

“Kookie! Jimin!” A voice rang out, causing the youngster’s heads to turn around towards the source.

 

Jin ran towards the couple and engulfed them in a big hug. Namjoon soon joined the trio along with the rest of their other family members.

 

Jin released the boys from his warm grip and then placed two kisses on both of their kisses. “I’m so proud of the you. Both of you!”

 

Jimin only smiled in response, his eyes becoming crescents, while Jungkook embraced Jin again once he started to tear up again. “K-kamsamnida, Jin hyung.” Jungkook sniffed, tightening his hold on the elder’s shoulders.

 

Namjoon ruffled Jungkook’s hair. Jimin went ahead and wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist and kissed his neck. “Come on boo, no more tears, ‘kay?”

 

Jungkook nodded as he pulled away, wiping away the tears streaming down his cheeks. Jimin kissed his salty cheeks, causing the maknae to blush.

 

“Oh!” Jungkook exclaimed. “Umma!” Jungkook skipped over to his mother and gave her a hug.

 

Jimin then helt someone ruffle his hair. He turned around and saw his dad. “Appa-”

 

“I’m proud of you Jimin, we both are.” Mr. Park wrapped around his mother’s shoulder, who also happened to be there. Jimin’s smile only brightened as he was trapped in a hug by the two of them.

Jin watched the two families embrace their children and released a sigh of content. His heart swelled with joy for the two youngers. He knew this day couldn’t get any better.

 

From his peripheral vision however, he couldn’t help but notice the smug look Namjoon was donning. He nudged him in the ribs to catch his attention. “Yah, what are you smirking about?”

 

Namjoon only chuckled huskily and kissed the latter on the lips. “Nothing that should concern you honey.”

 

Jin only pouted. “I thought you promised no more secrets!” Namjoon just continued to laugh at his boyfriend’s pestering. He grabbed him by the waist and just pressed their foreheads together.

 

“I never promised to stop surprising you.”

 

“Ookay..” Yoongi interrupted, his hand intertwined with Hoseok’s. “Now that everyone has had their fair share of affectionate episodes and congratulations, can we please get something to eat?”

 

Jin rolled his eyes, then turned to Namjoon, who only shrugged in response. He then turned around and noticed that Jimin and Jungkook were looking at him with hopeful eyes aftering hearing the word ‘eat.’ Which of course was an equivalent connotation to ‘food.’

 

“Fiine,” Jin sighed in defeat. The things he did for his adorable dongsaengs.  “We’ll go back to my place.” He then looked at Yoongi dead in the eye. “And yes; Hotpot night.”

 

“Yes!!” Yoongi whooped fistbumping the air. “Alright Hobi let’s go.” Before he had a chance to move, Hoseok suddenly grabbed his wrist.

 

“Ah, ah..where’s my affectionate episode?”

 

Yoongi arched a brow in confusion, then suddenly groaned. “Really? Now?”

 

Hoseok only puckered his lips. “I’m waiting.”

 

Despite how reluctant  he was, something about Hoseok’s cute face made him irresistible. Yoongi sighed. Better get it done. He leaned forward, pecking the younger’s lips. Before he could pull away, Hoseok grabbed his hips and literally dropped him to a dip, his lips still latched onto his.

 

Jin, who had witnessed the entire scene, quickly grabbed his camera and snapped a picture, capturing another moment.

 

~

 

When they got back to the restaurant, Jin wasn’t exaggerating when he said it would be hotpot night. The group was seated at one of the largest tables in the restaurant ( the one used for parties) with an enormous bowl placed in the middle. To everyone’s delight other side dishes were also placed in front of them.

 

The room quickly succumbed to silence as everyone ate, save for the sizzling sound of meat and clanking of chopsticks on plates.

 

Most of the adults had retreated into the kitchen to chat over shot glasses of soju that Jimin’s father had been so generous to bring, and left their children to chat on their own.

 

“So Yoongi hyung, any word on that music school you applied to?” Jungkook asked as he nibbled on some tofu.

 

Yoongi slurped some meat out of his bowl before speaking with a half full mouth. “Yeah, I’ve got an interview first thing tomorrow, but other than that, I’m sure I’ve got this thing in the bag.”

 

Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook all applauded for their cocky friend.

 

Jungkook turned to the purple haired male sitting across the table from them. “What about you Jin, any college plans?”

 

Jin looked up at him with full hamster cheeks. He struggled to keep chewing and swallow so he could speak.

 

“I’ll um..get back to you,” Jungkook said slowly. “Anyway, in case any of you are wondering about Jiminnie and I, he and I were both accepted to a really prestigious dance school. I believe Hoseok hyung told us about it.”

 

Hoseok saluted the younger playfully.

 

“But yeah,” Jungkook continued. “At best, him and I will be spending most of our time together.” Jungkook then sighed blissfully. “Eight hours everyday.”

 

Jimin just blushed in embarrassment, while Yoongi whispered something about it being ‘creepy.’

 

“Oh! Jin hyung can talk now!” Taehyung exclaimed from the side of the room, Bora seated right next to him.

 

Everyone turned to the pretty boy to see what his answer was. “So hyung, college plans?” Jungkook repeated his question.

 

“Well, my minor hasn’t changed; I’m still going into culinary arts. As for major, I’ve decided on photography. I think spending all my time having my pictures taken and the advice given to me has rubbed off on me.

 

“The college I applied to also happens to be the same art school Yoongi’s applying to. So that means there’s a probability that he and I will be roommates.” He quirked his brows at the blonde.

 

Yoongi clutched his chest. “Oh , I think my heart just stopped. I don’t think that’s a probability anymore Jin. Hoseok please take care of our children.”

 

Hoseok just laughed while Jin threw a leaf of lettuce at Yoongi’s face. “Yah!” Yoongi yelled, jumping to strangle Jin, only to be held back by his boyfriend.

 

Jin laughed. “Don’t be such a drama queen. You and I would probably room together for a year or two before I move in with Namjoon.”

 

Silence was brought back into the atmosphere.

 

“Move in, as in, live together?” Jungkook said slowly.

 

Jin nodded, not seeing what the big deal was. “Yeah, pretty much. What’s wrong with that?”

 

“Nothing!” Jungkook exclaimed. “It’s just, kind of sudden. What with you two dating and all, it almost makes it seem you two are going to be a married couple.”

 

Jin’s cheeks immediately turned red. “Wh-ani! That’s totally irrelevant to living together!”

 

Namjoon suddenly released a snicker. “What?” He questioned, slapping his boyfriend’s shoulder. “What are you snickering about?”

 

Namjoon turned to look at his plum haired lover, admiring the way his cheeks were flushed. He was just so beautiful. He figured now was the moment to let the cat out of the bag. Standing up from his seat, he went outside to grab something from his car.

 

Once he returned, he found that Jin had also gotten out of his seat. He noticed the small plastic bag in his hand. “Namjoonie, what’s th-”

 

“I love you Jin,” Namjoon interrupted randomly. “You know that, right?”

 

Jin only nodded as he watched Namjoon grab something from the bag and hide it behind his back. The rest of the boys followed Jin into the dining room and were now watching them talk, almost like a scene from a drama.

 

“Of course I love you Namjoon, but what are you saying?”

 

Namjoon only peeled his lips into a bigger smile, revealing the dimple Jin loved ever so dearly. “I’m saying that I’ll always love you. No matter what. We’ve already been through a ing roller coaster, and yet, we’re still here.

 

“You’ve given me so much Jin. Someone to love, someone to find happiness, someone to find inspiration. Now I want to give you something.”

 

He approached the still flushed, yet teary eyed latter and whispered something in his ear. “And that something is a promise...think of it like a temporary proposal.”

 

Jin released a gasp when he felt Namjoon slip something on his ring finger. He looked down and saw a gold band with small diamonds encrusted into it. There was also a couple words carved into it, but Jin couldn’t read it what with the tears streaming down his face.

 

Jin covered his mouth and started releasing small sobs. Namjoon smiled sweetly, then wrapped his arms around the latter, who in turn wrapped their arms around his waist tightly. Jin started sobbing into the younger’s hard chest, while Namjoon his hair and started whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

 

“Someday Jin. You’ll see, I’m gonna marry you and you’re gonna love it, whether you like it or not.”

 

Jin released a muffled giggle. He pulled away and wiped his eyes before gazing up at Namjoon. He got up on his toes and pressed his lips to his own. Namjoon placed his hand on the back of Jin’s head, massaging his nape. Jin draped his arms over his shoulders and tilted his head to give him better access. When they pulled away, Jin grabbed his hand and noticed that he was also bearing a ring. Only it was silver.

 

He looked up at Namjoon with a smile that just radiated happiness. “I have a feeling I’m gonna like it.”

 

Namjoon chuckled and engulfed his lover into a tight embrace. The couple ignored the sounds of their friends going ‘aww!’ Or the squeals of delight from the Minji, Bora or the moms. They just focused on each other and their space.

 

Jin just focused on embracing Namjoon, feeling the warmth of his body and embracing the familiar scent of him. He looked down at the ring on his ringer and was finally able to read the wording engraved into it.


You’re Worth It.

End.

Cheesy ending, obviously. Ahhh, oh my goodness, my pride and joy has finally come to a fin!! Again, I want to thank all of my subbies. As I said before, y'all are my happiness ^_^ I just want to take this moment to thank all of you who have been patient and who have given me so much feed back and for just being able to comment. This story was such a joy, and I'm glad that I was able to make it a joy for others. I love all of you so so much ~ <3 Thank you so much for reading You're Worth It.