Second meeting

It's You

After she was done with washing the plates she went to the living room and the television to watch and just as she sat down Doojoon got out of the bathroom wearing a sleeveless shirt and pajamas. And he was drying his hair with the small towel. The atmosphere was once again awkward. Doojoon sat down beside her.

“T-thanks.” she was stuttering maybe because she doesn’t know how to talk to him.

“Sure I’m glad I could help.” he said as he flashed his eye smile once again.

Then they were quiet again. They just sat there and silently watched. Doojoon was taking glances over her. He had this feeling that he wanted to know more about her. He cleared his throat and decided to start a conversation.

“Sorry about my friend earlier he isn’t really like that.” he said.

“It’s okay I don’t even know him so why bother say sorry for him. And it’s not like I haven’t seen drunken people.” she said as she stifled a laugh.

“So you mean the sisters in the orphanage drink as well?” he joked.

Hyoyeon laughed before she answered.

“Of course not silly. You see when I was still young we used to sneak out the orphanage and just wander around the streets there we would also encounter drunk people.” she said.

“What did you do?” he asked curiously.

“We just ignored them and sometimes we would ran away from them.” she said as she reminisced the past.

“So meaning you grew up in the orphanage?” he asked.

She just nodded.

“Sorry if I asked a sensitive question.” he said as he scratched the back of his head.

“It’s okay, it’s nothing personal for me anyway.” she said in a cold manner.

Doojoon felt that she didn’t want to talk about that topic anymore so he thought of other things they could talk about.

“So uhm.. would you allow me to help you find a place to stay?” he asked. He didn’t know why he wanted to help her so badly.

“Thanks but you’ve done a lot for me already. I mean you let a stranger in your house.” she said.

“Well I told you my name already and I know yours so I don’t think it would count as us still being complete strangers with each other.”

“If I won’t manage to find any then I’ll accept your offer.” she said with a smile.

“Then can I get your number?” he asked.

Hyoyeon took out her phone from her pocket and she looked for her number and gave it to Doojoon.

“I’m guessing the phone was a gift to you.” he said.

“Yeah it’s my farewell gift from the orphanage.” she answered.

They kept on talking and they didn’t realize that their awkwardness started to drift away.

“It’s getting late I better sleep.” said Hyoyeon as she stood up and went to the room.

“Goodnight.” said Doojoon.

Hyoyeon answered back before she went inside and closed the door behind. When Hyoyeon was inside she debated with herself whether she would lock the door or not since he might need something. In the end she decided to lock it because she’ll never know what may happen. She comfortably slept and when she opened her eyes the ray of light struck her eyes making her close it again. She sat up with her eyes still closed then she heard a knock on the door. She stood up and opened it only to see the guy last night flashing a smile at her. She thought that he looked liked a monkey.

“Good morning.” he greeted with a grin.

She just looked at him for a while until she remembered what he had done last night. But she guessed that he won’t know a thing because he was drunk and so she didn’t say a word. She just flashed a smile and walked pass him.

“Yah Eunhyuk I told you not to wake her up.” Doojoon said as he smacked the back of his head. She suddenly laughed at Doojoon’s actions.

“Sorry if he woke you up.” he said as he looked at her apologetically.

“It’s okay.” she said.

“So what’s your name?” Eunhyuk suddenly butted in.

“Kim Hyoyeon.” she answered.

“Nice to meet you Hyoyeon-shi.” he said as he held out his hand to shake.

 

 

 

 

~here's another update... ^^ please leave comments :)