Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

Chapter 5

 

Ever since the incident that happened in Yunho's bedroom, Yuri and Yunho had been avoiding each other until he thought it was finally time to confront what had happened and talked it through so they both will understand. Coming up with that logic, Yunho decided to called Yuri, who was sitting in the cafeteria during lunch with her friends.

 

Hearing her ringtone go off, she looked down at her phone and saw that it was Yunho's number. Not knowing what to do, she continued to stare down at her phone, debating with herself if she should answered it or not until she finally gave in and picked up her phone.

 

"Hello?" She said quietly.

 

"Princess?"

 

"Yeah, it's me." Yuri mumbled.

 

"Uh...meet me at where we usually meet." And with that, he hung up.

 

Yuri instantly knew that it was children's grand park. Coming up with an excuses, she bid her friends goodbye before throwing her food away and jogged towards children's grand park. Once she got there, she saw Yunho's mercedes parked there. Walking towards it, she continued to looked around, not finding anyone before she got in quickly, "Hey Yul." Yunho said awkwardly, turning to face her.

 

"So, why did you want to meet up?" Yuri asked, even though she knew what he wanted to talked about.

 

"We need to talk about last week. We have been avoiding each other like and well...personally, I don't like avoiding my best friend." He murmured.

 

Yuri sighed uncomfortably as she shifted in her seat, "Me, too." She muttered, still not able to looked him straight in the eye.

 

"So, can we just call it a one time deal?" Yunho asked.

 

Letting out a deep breath, Yuri finally conjure up her courage to looked up at him, "Alright, it was a one time deal. Just a friendly kiss between two best friends."

 

Raising a hand to Yuri's cheeks, Yunho started caressing it gently, "Friendly? Yul, that was anything but friendly. It was more like a heated kiss to me."

 

"Ok, we both lost control, it will never happen again."

 

Yunho scrunched up his eyebrows, "Never? I can't promise that princess. Why don't we just do friendly lips kisses? Who knows if I can control my urges."

 

Yuri smiled at Yunho's plea, "Alright then, Yunnie Oppa. Friendly kisses only. Remember, you are dating Boa." Yunho nodded as he slightly leaned forward, "I know, but sometimes I wish I weren't. Princess, come online tonight and let's talk. I have to take Boa out to eat now so we can't talk."

 

Yuri nodded as she turned to get out of the car. However, Yunho grabbed her wrist, turn her back around and lightly brushed his lips over hers, "Friendly." He muttered, as Yuri pecked his cheeks quickly.

 

"Later." And with that, she got out of the car as fast as she can and started running back to school.

 

"Bye princess." Yunho whispered, as he took off towards the school.

 

Seeing Yunho's car driving past her, Yuri stop running to watch his car until it disappeared out of sight, 'Friendly kisses? On the lips? God knows if I can control my feelings for him.' Yuri thought, blushing fervently.

 

That day went by pretty quickly for Yuri, that is. First forgiving Yunho then finding out he wants friendly lips kisses and finally, tomorrow is the masquerade.

 

"Yuri, aren't you going to go home with your best friend today?" Junsu asked.

 

Both, Taeyeon and Junsu know that Yuri has a best friend but who he is, they have no idea.

 

Yuri shook her head, "He's taking his girlfriend home today."

 

Junsu raised a brow, "Seriously?"

 

Yuri nodded, "So what? I haven't walked home with you guys since he's learned to drive."

 

Taeyeon grinned as she wrapped an arm around Yuri's shoulder, "So true. Anyway, I'm online tonight. What about you Su Oppa?"

 

Junsu nodded, "Not like I have anything better to do."

 

"Yul, are you and your friend going to be on?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Yeah. Just go into DS chat room."

 

Yuri created a personal chat room called the DS (Dongbangshidae) room where only four people know the password. Junsu, Taeyeon, Yunho and herself. However, Yunho created another chat room that the password was only given to himself and Yuri called the popstar and princess room.

 

"When are you logging in Yul?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Around seven. I want to finish my homework first since I'm busy all weekend."

 

The others nodded as they rounded by the Kwon residence, "Later." Yuri said, waving as she ran towards the front door.

 

Walking into the house, Yuri found a note pinned to the wall.

 

'Yuri,

 

I have got overtime at work today so I won't be home until nine tonight. Hyukjun's going to be at Taeyeon's house with Jiwoong right after school since Mr. Kim has agreed to look after him. Finish your homework and do the laundry for me? Thanks.

 

Mom'

 

Yuri grinned.

 

"Yes! I get the entire house to myself!" Yuri squealed, as she hurriedly dumped the clothes into the washing machine. Taking out her homework books, she started working on them and finished in half an hour. By then, the clothes were all laundered. Hanging them up outside to dry, she ran back in to find Yunho had logged into the popstar and princess room.

 

Launching herself onto the computer chair, Yuri switched her status from offline to online.

 

U-Know: What's up, princess?
Blackpearl: Nothing at the moment. Be on DS chat room a seven for Tae and Su.
U-Know: Right.
Blackpearl: Why did you want me to come on Yunnie Oppa?
U-Know: I wanted to tell you that Boa's being a !
Blackpearl: Are you ing serious?!
U-Know: Yeah, she kept ing saying that I don't spent time with her a lot! Like hello, I'm a singer, I won't ing spent so much ing time with her, dammit!
Blackpearl: LOL! What's Hoonie doing?
U-Know: Trying to please Insun's cravings.
Blackpearl: Ouch.
U-Know: Remind me to never get married to somebody as painful as Insun.
Blackpearl: Are you saying you don't to want marry me no more?
U-Know: Babe, you know you the one for me.
Blackpearl: Tell me I'm dreaming. No, in fact, pinch me.
U-Know: Lol, I will do more then that.
Blackpearl: ert! You spend too much time with Su. Anyway, what's up with the friendly smooches?
U-Know: Don't you find it's time for us to go beyond the pecks on the cheeks Yul? I mean, they ain't more then just kisses on the lips. It ain't like we love each other.

 

Yuri winced, 'Don't be too sure Yunho Oppa.' She thought, as she typed her response.

 

Blackpearl: LMAO! Me love you? Dream on, buddy. Anyway, remember our concert on Decemeber the fifth. Lol.
U-Know: Lol, why? What of it?
Blackpearl: Which song are we going to sing?
U-Know: The entire U KNOW Y CD.
Blackpearl: Are you insane? That CD has fifteen songs, crazy bastard! It took us ing eight months to record the entire CD!
U-Know: What of it? Anyway, Hyung and I decided to bring you on stage. You had be wearing a mouth cover so nobody can see you.
Blackpearl: Smart thinking.
U-Know: ! Gotta go. Insun wants to go shopping and Hyung claims he ain't going alone. Be back at seven to talk to you all in DS room.
Blackpearl: Later Yunnie Oppa. Love you *Wink*
U-Know: Bye princess *Kiss*

 

'That was interesting.' Yuri thought, as she went to bring the clothes back in.

 

"An entire CD?! Is he insane?!" Yuri screamed, as she folded the laundry.

 

"That only took us thirty-five minutes to talk?" Yuri raised a brow as she took out the dress Insun and Yunho bought, "This is beautiful." She breathed, as she touched the sequins on the side of the dress, "Totally y. Anyway, friendly kisses? I wonder what got into him?" She murmured, as she put the dress back into the closet. Since it was nearing six, Yuri thought she had take her shower since tonight was Friday night and all and she had the entire house to herself. After her nearly an hour bath, she got out and rubbed relaxation lavender oil on her body. She then put on her facemask and everything and tied her mid-length hair into a bun. She didn't feel like putting on her clothes so she kept on her blue towel and went back to her computer. She would put on her pajamas later. She then logged into DS chat room.

 

'Hmmm, nobody's on.' Yuri thought, as she saw the computer watch reading 7:08.

 

Shrugging, she got up and walked towards her closet. Opening the closet door, her shoes toppled out from the top along with some of her clothes, too.

 

'Gotta reorganize this stuff.' She thought, frowning as she started putting the shoes on the bottom of the closet. Suddenly, a ringing sound caught her attention. Turning her head around, she saw that 'Kid Leader' had login.

 

"Tae's on." She said, grinning as she walked back, adjusting her towel.

 

Kid Leader: Hey Yul.
Blackpearl: What's up Tae?
Kid Leader: Eh, same old. Su Oppa being stupid again! Always touching me.
Blackpearl: He likes that. You do know that he loves you, right? *Wink*
Kid Leader: Ew, no. Su Oppa? Me? Gross Yul.
Blackpearl: ROFLMFAO!
Kid Leader: That was long.
Blackpearl: Yeah, so?
Kid Leader: Lol.
Blackpearl: Su Oppa and my friend ain't on yet. Stupid es!
Kid Leader: Uh...they are guys.

 

U-Know has just logged in.

 

U-Know: Hey Yul. What's up Taeyeon?
Kid Leader: Hello Yul's friend.
Blackpearl: Hey lover boy.
U-Know: Are you really going to hold that marriage thing against me?
Blackpearl: Hell yeah!
Kid Leader: Say what?
Blackpearl: He's more of a ert then Su Oppa.
Kid Leader: Ew, gross. What the hell is wrong with you?!
U-Know: Don't go blaming me. Junsu is a bad influence.
Blackpearl: When did you learn that word baby?
U-Know: Shut up! Anyway, you coming tomorrow?
Blackpearl: Yeah. Pick me up at...Three, was it?
U-Know: Yeah.
Kid Leader: Me lost here.
Blackpearl: His dad's birthday party is tomorrow. He's picking me up.
Kid Leader: And your telling me this now?
Blackpearl: Sorry Tae. Uh...Where is Su Oppa?

 

Xia has just logged in.

 

Xia: Right here. Anyway, why won't you tell us who your best friend is Yul?
Blackpearl: I don't want to share him. Besides, we will tell you guys one day.

 

So, the four friends talked for an hour before Hyukjun came home and Yuri had to log off.

 

Blackpearl: Hyukjun's home. Bye guys.
U-Know: I'm leaving, too. Later.
Kid Leader: I'm not staying on with Su Oppa. I'm leaving, too.
Xia: Aw. Alright then, later guys.

 

'This has been a long day.' Yuri thought, as she took off her towel, put on her grey/white sleeveless Jennifer Moore stripe chemise and went downstairs to greet Hyukjun. The next morning, Yuri woke up at around ten-fifty and totally freaked out. Mrs. Kwon had gone to work that morning and Hyukjun was playing games in the living room, "Hyukjun! It's uncle Yong's birthday today! Why didn't you wake me up?!"

 

Hyukjun groaned, "Does it look like I remember when uncle Yong's birthday is? Besides, I wasn't invited remember?" "Oh yeah, you are hated. Hyukjun, warm up my curling iron."

 

Sighing, Hyukjun went to plug in his sister's curling iron as she jumped into the shower. After an hour later, Yuri walked out with a white towel wrapped around her. She blow dried her hair and curled the tips. Once she was done, she sprayed hair spray on it to make it stay.

 

She then walked into her bedroom and shut the door, letting the towel drop. Putting on her undergarments and pantyhoses, she took out the dress Yunho gave her from inside the closet and put it on.

 

Looking at herself in her full-length mirror, she smiled happily with what her body average looks like. Then she took out the blue nail polish and put it on her fingernails. She put on the first layer, waited for a few minutes before applying the second coat. After the second coat dried, she put on the shiner. Within fifteen minutes, her nails were done and prettified.

 

She then took out her lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, foundation, everything. It took her another half an hour to put on her makeup since she put on a thin line of black eyeliner overtop her layer of foundation. Then she put on some light blue eyeshadow. Last but not least, she put on her pink lipstick and used a little of her lips gloss over her color lips to make it stand out a bit.

 

Opening her little jewelry box beside her on the dresser, she took out a gold/gunmetal/clear Freida Rothman 'Metropolitan' long station neckline with silver/clear Nadri small pave hoop earrings and a silver sugar bean jewelry 'Heartbeat' station bracelet which she put on her left wrist.

 

For her shoes, she wore her mom's black suede Jessica Simpson 'Carlette' ankle strap pump heels.

 

At 2:22, Yuri walked downstairs to see her brother watching tv.

 

"Did you take a shower Hyukjun?" She asked.

 

Hyukjun nodded., "Ate breakfast, too. Whoa Noona, you look different."

 

Yuri giggled, "Gee, thanks Hyukjun. Anyway, Yunnie's coming soon so if you need anything, call Tae alright?" "Sure." "So, Hyukjun." Yuri said, sitting down, "How's Haneul?" She asked.

 

Haneul Hwa was Hyukjun's girlfriend.

 

"She's cool."

 

At around 2:42, Yuri heard knocking at the door and ran to opened it.

 

Opening the door, Yuri expectedly to see Yunho but instead it was... "Hi. Uh...Wasn't Yunnie supposed to pick me up at three?"

 

Jaehwa nodded, "Yes, Miss Yuri. However, Mr. Jung wanted Mr. Hyukjun to be in the masquerade as well. I have some clothes and mask for him."

 

Yuri smiled, "They really didn't have to send the tuxedo. Hyukjun had one."

 

Jaehwa shrugged, "I'm only following Mr. Jung's wishes."

 

Nodding, Yuri turned around, "Hyukjun!"

 

Hearing his sister calling him, Hyukjin came running to the front door.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"You are coming. Wear the tux uncle Yongchul sent you and put on the mask." Yuri said, as she had the mask tucked neatly in her blue coach north/south swingpack in embossed textured leather purse.

 

Hyukjun nodded rushed into the bathroom, put on the tuxedo and walked back out with a large, blood red mask adorning his face.

 

"Cute." Yuri said, as they walked out of the house. After locking the front door, they followed Jaehwa to the limo. Opening the back door, Yuri and Hyukjun slid right in to find Yunho.

 

"Hey Yunnie Oppa!" Yuri squealed.

 

"Hi Yunho Hyung." Hyukjun said, nodding.

 

"Hey, you two. My oh my, Yul, you are looking gorgeous."

 

"Shut up ert!" Yuri said, glaring at him.

 

"See that Hyukjun. I'm now more of a ert then Junsu."

 

Hyukjun shook his head, "Nobody can beat Junsu Hyung."

 

Yunho laughed as the rest of the ride went by quietly.

 

The party began at three but Yunho, Yuri and Hyukjun arrived at three-fifteen.

 

As soon as Hyukjun, Yuri and Yunho entered the ballroom, faces whipped in their direction.

 

"Is it so much of a surprises that I picked up dad's guest and my princess?" Yunho called.

 

Instantly, daughters of family friends rushed over to Yuri.

 

"Are you really his princess? Can you take off the mask? Can you hint us of who you are? How is it like having Yunho, teen singer to be your best friend? Do you get special treatment? How is it like singing with Jung Yunho?" And hundred more questions poured at Yuri.

 

She sent a helpless glance towards both, Jahoon and Yunho who, with Jung's experience, warded off the girls, "Thanks." Yuri murmured.

 

After a couple of minutes talking here and there, the dancefloor was opened.

 

"Do you think uncle will get us to sing something?" Yuri asked.

 

Yunho shook his head, "No. My dad knows we want to enjoy ourselves so he won't push us."

 

Finally, it was changing partners. Three million came up to Yuri to ask her to dance as did Yunho. They managed to live through the entire changing partners dance until finally, Yunho asked Yuri again.

 

"Think you can live through the entire evening?" He asked her.

 

Yuri nodded but then pointed at Hyukjun, "But I think he will do better."

 

Yunho chuckled as girls swooned over Hyukjun, "You think Haneul will get mad?" Yunho asked.

 

"She won't know." Yuri said, winking.

 

"Cheeky." Yunho said, laughing as they continued to dance around the ballroom.

 

And for the rest of the evening, Yuri was content to know that Yunho's attention was on her and only her.