Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

Chapter 2

 

The first day went on ok. Yuri and Yunho made it back to school on time for class. Since they didn't want to attract any attention, Yunho dropped Yuri off at children's grand park so she can walk the rest of the way.

 

Yunho parked his car at the far end of the parking lot; since he was driving Yuri home today.

 

Walking slowly to the main gate, Yunho opened it just as Yuri arrived.

 

"Nice jog." He said, grinning.

 

"Shut up." She muttered. Since there was nobody in sight, they kinda dropped the act.

 

Just then, the warning bell went off as the two rushed to class. When they finally got to their Advanced Calculus class, they walked in to find that they had Junsu in that class also.

 

"Hey, Junsu Oppa." Yuri said, waving at him as she ran past Yunho to go hug Junsu who was like an older brother to her.

 

"Hey Yuri. What's up?" Junsu said, as he hugged Yuri back. Junsu went erted on Yuri once but after the first time he touched her on the first day of high school, he never touched her again.

 

"Same old. Oh god, how was China?" Yuri asked. Junsu went to China over the summer to visit his mom's dad, Manshik. Junsu's dad and other grandfather died in an accident a few years ago so Junsu now lives with his mom and goes to China to visit his grandparents.

 

"It was boring. My mom's old man is loosing his memory. He didn't remember my name or my mom's name."

 

Yuri stifled a laugh, "Poor aunt Micha." Yuri said softly.

 

"Yeah, well, Alzheimer's can do that."

 

Yunho walked over and slapped Junsu's back, "And you can count that you will have it, too. It will save Taeyeon from your erted deeds."

 

Junsu laughed, "Oh, come on Yunho, you know Tae loves me."

 

Yuri snorted, "Try telling her that one."

 

Yunho laughed.

 

"So, you two have all the same classes together, eh?" Junsu asked.

 

Yuri nodded.

 

"How is it like?"

 

Yuri snorted, "Being with a stuck up jerk like him?!"

 

Junsu raised a thick brow, "So, you actually don't like him? But I thought everybody does? Hell, even Tae does, too!"

 

Yuri shook her head, "I don't know how they like him. He's so...ugh!"

 

"Ugh?" Yunho asked, as he raised a thick brow.

 

"Shut up!" Yuri scowled, as she sat beside Junsu while Yunho took the empty seat behind Yuri.

 

The teacher, Tae Sangho walked in and class begun.

 

Math that day ended very quickly as Yunho and Yuri rushed to their last class of the day, Biology. There, they found out that Taeyeon was with them.

 

"Hey." Yuri said, smiling as she hugged Taeyeon.

 

"Hi Yul. I heard that Su Oppa's in your math class?"

 

Yuri nodded, "Yeah."

 

"Cool. How is he? When did he come back from China?"

 

"Eight days ago. I don't know how he did all of his shopping in such a short notice."

 

Taeyeon snorted, "That's Su Oppa, he never shops."

 

Boa, unfortunately, was also in this class. Yunho, though hesitant, left Yuri to sit with Boa while she sat beside Taeyeon and resumed talking, only giving a glance in Yunho's direction when Taeyeon or Boa weren't paying attention.

 

Seeing the glances Yuri threw at him, Yunho's heart-shaped lips went up only a little bit, shooting the smile at Yuri before he gave his undivided attention to Boa.

 

Even though their Math class had ended quickly, Biology was ending extremely slow. Their teacher was Kye Ae and man, did she drone on and on forever.

 

After Biology was over, Yuri started to walked to her locker by herself since Taeyeon had to go pick up her brother, Jiwoong, up from a neighboring school. Yuri's brother, Hyukjun, would come home half an hour later from his school. Grabbing the books she needed from her locker, Yuri shut the door and started walking towards the main gate. She decided to go wait at the park that Yunho had dropped her off this morning.

 

"Oh, come on Yun Oppa. Please give me a ride home?" Boa said, pouting.

 

Yunho shook his head. He knew that Boa had her ride home and he knew she was begging to be with him but no matter how much he wanted to drop Boa off, he had to drop Yuri off, that was a promises.

 

Suddenly, his T Slide phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and saw the caller ID flashing.

 

"Who is it Oppa?" Boa asked.

 

"Princess." Yunho replied, as he picked it up, eyeing Yuri who was walking out of the opposite door.

 

"Hey princess." He said, as he wrapped an arm around Boa's thin waist.

 

"If you want to drop her off, go ahead. I will walk to Hyukjun's school and wait for mom to pick us both up." "What?! Are you insane?! Walk to his school?! It's thirteen minutes away!" He growled into the phone. Boa scrunched up her thick eyebrows, 'What the hell is he mad for?!' She thought.

 

"So, I will walk. I know you want to drop your girlfriend off at her house. I get it Yunnie Oppa, you want to spend time with her. We have been friends forever and we will always see each other, just do what you want to. I'm already on the main street."

 

"Are you damn sure?! If anything happens to you, I will kill whoever did it, you hear?"

 

"Yes, I hear you. Now, leave or else Jaehoon will get mad at you."

 

"Ok, princess. Love you. Bye."

 

"Love you too, Yunnie Oppa." And with that, Yuri hung up. Sighing, she started walking in the direction of Hyukjun's school slowly.

 

"What is it Yunho Oppa?" Boa asked, as she ran a long, slender finger down Yunho's chest.

 

Yunho scrunched up his eyebrows, 'Boa brought her car and it's supposed to rain today. I can't just leave Yul to walk to Hyukjun's school.'

 

"I have to go home really fast, baby. Can you drive yourself home? I promise I will pick and drop you off tomorrow." Yunho said, as he kissed Boa's cheek.

 

Boa sighed and nodded, "Alright Yun Oppa. I love you."

 

"Same." Yunho said, as he turned and ran to his car.

 

As soon as Yunho was out of earshot, Boa let out a cry of despair, "That ! Who is she?!"

 

Yunho growled as he got into his car and speed out of the parking lot, 'How the hell can I just say, 'Yeah Yul, go ahead and walk', when I promised her I had drop her off today?!' Yunho thought, scolding himself.

 

"I'm such a piss off!" He roared at himself, as he saw Yuri walking slowly towards Hyukjun's school which is another five minute away. There were no car passing by, except for those people who were heading home from work. None of them knew Yunho's car and none of them saw Yunho in the car so it was ok to talk to Yuri.

 

Rolling down his window, he called out to her.

 

"Princess!" He yelled. Yuri turned around and frowned, "What are you doing here?" She asked.

 

"I promised I had drop you off home, didn't I, princess?" Yunho asked.

 

"But you...Boa...what?" Yuri said, sighing as she ran to the open window and leaned forward to talk to Yunho, "Yeah, but then, my guilty conscious was eating me up, saying that I promised you and whatnot."

 

Yuri frowned at him, "That conscious of yours is going to be the end of you Yunnie Oppa."

 

Yunho chuckled, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Get in and I will drop you off."

 

"You sure?" Yuri asked, raising a straight, thick brow.

 

Yunho nodded, "Absolutely."

 

Shrugging, Yuri got into his car and fastened her seat belt.

 

"You have a cellphone, you could have called your mom to pick you up now or a taxi. Why walk to Hyukjun's school?" Yunho asked.

 

"I wanted to think." Yuri said, as she stared out of the window.

 

"About what?" Yunho asked softly, as he turned to glanced at Yuri.

 

"About me, you and Boa." Yuri replied in the same tone.

 

"What about me, you and Boa?"

 

"Well, Boa and I uses to be friends, you know that, right?"

 

Yunho nodded.

 

"It was after Boa was paired up with you for our eighth grade Science fair project that she became all girly and started trying to push me into doing things."

 

"And then?" Yunho asked.

 

"Then what? She was forcing me to go bra shopping with her. Yeah, I do go shopping with my friends but picking bra's for them. At the age of thirteen? Oh, come on, I told her no and she's all like, 'Oh yeah, Yuri, your so jealous that I know Yunho Oppa and you don't', and I was all like, 'I don't need to know Yunho Oppa', and she was all like, 'He's the most richest boy in the world. How can you not want to know him?', and I was all like, 'Because you touched his arm', and she spit in my face and walked off."

 

Yunho hooted with laughter, "I remember that. She touched my arm when she needed tape."

 

Yuri giggled, "Yeah. I still don't get why we even had to hide our friendship back then. I mean, you weren't a singer."

 

"But I was still famous thanks to dad and aunt Yura didn't like the publicity."

 

Yuri shrugged, "Oh, well. After that incident, she started hating me and that carried on forever."

 

"And I ended up dating her, fueling your anger for her even more."

 

"Exactly." Yuri said, grinning.

 

"Funny. Anyway princess, my dad's birthday is in eight days and we are celebrating. Hoonie and Insun are going and I need somebody to go with to dad's party. I was hoping you."

 

"What about Boa?" Yuri asked, staring at him.

 

"Remember the last time?" Yunho asked.

 

"Oh yeah, she got mad at Insun because Insun said that she knew you so well and Boa got pissed, saying ', you don't know my man!'."

 

Yunho nodded, "Yeah, I don't want that happening again. So, will you?"

 

Yuri smiled and nodded, "Yeah, sure. So, tell me, what's up with Insun and Hoonie? They are so perfect for each other but they don't have any kids yet."

 

"Hoonie said that when he's ready. He's still trying to get into the fatherly mood."

 

Yuri laughed, "That's Jaehoon alright."

 

Yunho laughed as he pulled up to the Kwon residence, "We are home, princess."

 

Leaning over, Yuri kissed Yunho on cheek, "Thanks. Bye Yunnie Oppa."

 

"Later princess."

 

Yuri jumped out of the car and waved at Yunho as he speed off. Rushing up to the front door, she opened it and rushed into the house.

 

"I'm home." She called.

 

"Hi Yuri. Can you go pick up your brother? The car keys are on the front table."

 

Yuri threw her backpack onto the floor and picked up her mom's car keys.

 

"But mom, I don't have my official license yet. I only did the written test. Yunnie's the one who picked and dropped me off."

 

Mrs. Kwon frowned, "But Yuri, I'm really busy. The sink overflowed and I'm trying to pull hair out of it. Now, why would hair be in the kitchen sink?"

 

"Hyukjun tried to give Hani a bath in the sink. Want me to tell Yunnie to pick Hyukjun up?"

 

"Could you? If it's not too much trouble."

 

"On it." Yuri said, and speed dialed Yunho's number. After three rings, he picked up, making Yuri hear music in the background. Listening carefully, she realized it was the song 'My Boo', making Yuri laughed.

 

"Hey princess, what's up?"

 

"My mom's really busy and you know I can't drive so can you pick up Hyukjun?"

 

"Perfect timing princess, since I'm right in front of his school."

 

"Great Yunnie Oppa. You are the best."

 

Yunho laughed, "I know. Bye."

 

"Later." Yuri said, and ended the call before stuffing it into her pocket.

 

Walking into the kitchen, she winced. The sink was full of water and her mom was elbow deep in the water, picking Hani's fur out.

 

"Ew! Gross!" Yuri hollered.

 

"Hi dear. What did Yunho say?"

 

"He said ok. Oh god, with all this, pick up Yuri, drop off Yuri, pick up Hyukjun, drop off Hyukjun business, it will be found out that the Jung's and us are friends."

 

Mrs. Kwon shook her head, "No, Yunho's car windows are tinted so nobody will see inside."

 

"Thank god for that."

 

"Yuri, dear, would you grab a bag?"

 

Yuri ran to the cupboard, pulled out a big black garbage bag and held it out in front of her mom. Dumping a handful of hair into the bag, Yuri pretend to gag, "Nasty !"

 

"Tell your brother to wash Hani in the backyard alright?"

 

"Sure thing. This is gross. You should get Hyukjun to wash this."

 

"You really think he had put his hands in this?"

 

"I doubt it, mom."

 

Mrs. Kwon laughed, "Were home." Came Yunho's voice.

 

Running to the front door to see her brother and Yunho standing there, "How did you here without being seen Yunnie Oppa?"

 

"I ran and nobody is here anyway."

 

Hyukjun grinned, "Oh, it was so damn cool! Yunho Hyung's sports car pulled up and everybody's like, 'Whose car is that?', and when I got to it, everybody said, 'Hyukjun? Who's car is that?', and I laughed and said, 'My brother', and everybody was all like, 'You have a brother?', and I ended up saying, 'My sister's boyfriend'."

 

Yuri's dark brown, almond-shaped eyes widened, "You said what?"

 

"What was I supposed to say Yuri? Yeah, we are friends with Jung Yunho?"

 

Yuri jumped her brother and pushed him to the ground, "Well, you didn't have to say Yunnie was my boyfriend." "Oh please, you know you want him to..." Yuri pulled off her socks and shoved it into Hyukjun's mouth.

 

"Ew! Gross!" He roared, as he pulled the sock out of his mouth.

 

"Want to know what's really gross? Go into the kitchen."

 

Hyukjun got up and ran into the kitchen, "Ew! Ew! Double ew!" He roared, as he ran upstairs.

 

Yunho laughed, "Want to be my girl, eh, princess?"

 

Yuri turned to him and glared, "You know fully well that I would never want to go out with a stuck up jerk like you Yunnie Oppa!"

 

Yunho laughed as he pecked Yuri's cheek, "Later princess." And with that, he ran out and towards his car. Yuri stood there with her finger on her cheek where Yunho had kissed her.

 

'Stupid me! Why the hell do I talk in my sleep?! That's the only ing way Hyukjun would know I want to go out with Yunho Oppa!'

 

Yuri shook her head, 'I have been able to hide my feelings for him for three years now. I can keep it up for the rest of my life, right?'

 

Groaning, she sat down on the sofa, switching on the tv, 'It's hopeless; I'm way too in love with him. Too bad he likes Boa.'

 

"Alright class, we are starting our first project of the year." Mrs. Ahn said, before a eruption of groans was heard, "Oh, be quiet. It will be fun. I want every pair to come here and pick a name from this hat. Starting with Yoochun and Yoona."

 

Yoona and Yoochun walked up to Mrs. Ahn and pulled out a piece of paper from the hat, "What does it say?" Mrs. Ahn asked.

 

"Aladdin." Yoona said.

 

"Good. Tiffany and Jaejoong."

 

Jaejoong pulled out a name of the hat and said, "Beauty and the Beast."

 

"Changmin and Jessica."

 

"Cinderella."

 

"Alright, Yuri and Yunho."

 

Yuri remained seated as Yunho walked over to the teacher and pulled a name out of the hat.

 

"Sleeping Beauty."

 

"Great."

 

The names continued to be pulled out and other fairy tales such as, 'The Little Mermaid' was pulled out.

 

"Alright, now that you have all of your names, I will explain the project. You and your partner will act this out in five weeks time. It will only be you two and you can pick out any costume you like from our costume room or buy anything you like. It will be a mark out of twenty-five for your acting. After this project, we will do a singing project and that's when I know what level each of you is on. Now, I will hand out a rubric and you can start planning." Yuri frowned as she saw that this was to be marked on your acting skills, preparation skills and costume designs, "Great, just perfect." Yuri murmured.

 

"It ain't that bad."

 

"Says you." Yuri said, glaring at him, "You know fully well I hate Sleeping Beauty."

 

"Why? Because in our eighth grade play you were the good fairy, Boa was the sleeping beauty and I was the prince?" Yunho asked.

 

Yuri shook her head, "No, because I sprained my ankle in one of the practices for the play you are talking about." Yunho frowned, "When?"

 

"It was three weeks before curtain opening and I fell off the ladder when I was pretending to fly."

 

Yunho winced, "I remember that but you made a fast recovery and were able to act."

 

Yuri nodded, "Anyway, what do we do?"

 

"I don't know." Yunho said, shrugging.

 

Yuri frowned, "So, is that all you can say you stupid jerk?! I don't know? Making me do all the work? Who do you think you are? Just because you are famous doesn't mean you get everything you want."

 

Hearing Yuri's outburst, Tiffany and Jessica rushed over, "Yul, it's alright."

 

Yuri shook her head, "Whatever. I'm sorry you guys."

 

Tiffany and Jessica nodded, "No problem." And with that, they walked back while Yunho whispered a quiet, "Good acting." Yuri smiled at him secretly as they started writing down everything they needed for this mini project.