Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

Chapter 29 

 

"My princess is none other than my fiancée, my beloved, my one and only, prom queen, Kwon Yuri!" 

 

Everybody became quiet, Taeyeon coughed and Junsu poured some more punch into his cup. Seeing that the only way to clarify it was their best friend so everybody turned to looked at them, making Junsu looked up, putting his cup down. 

 

"He isn't lying." Junsu grinned, "Yuri is princess." 

 

Boa had steam coming out of her nose, ears and mouth, "Prove it!" She shrieked, "Prove it that you are his princess!" 

 

Yuri shrugged, "Sure. What song do you want me to sing?" 

 

"Sing 'My Boo'!" Taeyeon chirped. 

 

"Sure." Yuri cleared as Yunho and her started singing. 

 

'There's always that one person
That will always have your heart
You never see it coming
Cause you're blinded from the start
Know that you're that one for me
It's clear for everyone to see
Ooh baby ooh you'll always be my boo 

I don't know bout you all
But I know about us and uh
It's the only way
We know how to rock
I don't know bout you all
But I know about us and uh
It's the only way
We know how to rock 

Do you remember girl
I was the one who gave you your first kiss
Cause I remember girl
I was the one who said put your lips like this
Even before all the fame and
People screaming your name
Girl I was there when you were my baby 

It started when we were younger
You were mine my boo
Now another brother's taken over
But its still in your eyes my boo
Even though we used to argue it's alright
I know we haven't seen each other
In awhile but you will always be my boo 

I was in love with you when we were younger
You were mine my boo
And I see it from time to time
I still feel like my boo
And I can see it no matter
How I try to hide my boo
Even though there's another man who's in my life
You will always be my boo 

Yes I remember boy
Cause after we kissed
I could only think about your lips
Yes I remember boy
The moment I knew you were the one
I could spend my life with
Even before all the fame
And people screaming your name
I was there and you were my baby 

It started when we were younger
You were mine my boo
Now another brother's taken over
But its still in your eyes my boo
Even though we used to argue it's alright
I know we haven't seen each other
In awhile but you will always be my boo 

I was in love with you when we were younger
You were mine my boo
And I see it from time to time
I still feel like my boo
And I can see it no matter
How I try to hide my boo
Even though there's another man who's in my life
You will always be my boo 

My oh, My oh, My oh, My oh, My Boo 

My oh, My oh, My oh, My oh, My Boo 

It started when we were younger
You were mine my boo
Now another brother's taken over
But its still in your eyes my boo
Even though we used to argue it's alright
I know we haven't seen each other
In awhile but you will always be my boo 

I don't know bout you all
But I know about us and uh
It's the only way
We know how to rock
I don't know bout you all
But I know about us and uh
It's the only way
We know how to rock'

 

Everybody was in awed, somebody dropped their punch and somebody else dropped their purse. Crickets chirped, a light flickered, somebody sneezed and they heard a pin drop and then finally, "Congratulations!" A few people roared. 

 

"You are engaged to Kwon! Oh my god! That lucky !" Another girl shrieked. Yuri smiled as Yunho wrapped an arm around her waist. 

 

"They took it pretty well." He murmured into her ear. Boa growled as she stomped up to the stage. She glared at Yuri who was leaning against Yunho. 

 

"Evening Boa." Yuri smiled wickedly, "Heard Yunho Oppa dumped coffee on your marble floor, did you clean it up?" 

 

Boa screamed as she ran forward and attempted to slap Yuri. Yuri caught her wrist in time and then smiled sweetly, too sweetly, "Didn't Yunnie ever tell you? He and I took karate since we were babies." And with that, Yuri pushed Boa away and turned back to Yunho. 

 

"I love you." She grinned as he picked her up and twirled her around in the air. Everybody watched them as Yuri laughed while her hands were placed firmly on Yunho's shoulders. 

 

Junsu started clapping, followed by Taeyeon, Jaejoong, Tiffany, etc. Soon enough, the entire room was applauding for Yuri and Yunho. They smiled and bowed before Yunho wrapped his arms around her waist. 

 

"Sing us another song!" Jaejoong roared. 

 

Yuri glanced at him, "Now?! We have no music here though!" She whined. 

 

"We have your voices. You guys can harmonize." Taeyeon winked. 

 

"No!" Yuri moaned. 

 

"Oh, come on princess." Yunho chuckled, "Can't you sing with me? You did at the U KNOW Y concert." 

 

"But that was when I had my facemask and nobody knew me. Now everybody knows me." Yuri pouted. 

 

"What's so wrong about that?" Tiffany asked. 

 

Yuri sighed and fiddled with her dress. She looked up at everybody and held the mic tightly, "I get stage fright, even if I have been doing shows with Yunnie since forever." 

 

Everybody laughed and Yunho nuzzled her cheek. 

 

"As your king!" Yunho finally roared, "I command you to enjoy the rest of prom!" 

 

"Too bad the press wasn't here." Yuri grinned. 

 

"I have an interview with Nara tomorrow evening." Yunho coughed. 

 

"Oh really? About what may I ask?" Yuri smiled as she caressed her fiancé's cheek. 

 

"About you." 

 

Yuri laughed and hugged him tightly. He had his staff clutched in his right and his left was around Yuri's waist. People came towards them, congratulating them, telling Yuri that they were in her classes, etc. 

 

"So what now?" Yuri asked. 

 

"Prom king and queen dance together of course." Yunho chuckled. They walked towards the middle of the dance room and got into slow dancing positions. Junsu, being Yunho's best friend, was holding his prom king staff for him. Yuri smiled, "Oppa." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Oppa." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Oppa." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Oppa." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Oppa." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Op..." 

 

"What?!" He roared, getting annoyed. 

 

"I love you." Yuri giggled as she pressed her ear against his chest. He smiled as they danced, the spotlight on them and only them. 

 

"I love you, too." He murmured. 

 

Exams. 

 

Examinations. 

 

The two most dreaded words in the life of a high-schooler. Yuri growled as she punched her wall in frustration. She had a Calculus exam the next day and she was stumped. Everything was getting tangled in her head. However, getting your identity revealed was one good thing. Mr. and Mrs. Jung, Yunho, Jahoon, Insun and Misun came to visit and nobody thought it was odd. Right now, Yuri sat in her bedroom, trying to finish the exam review sheets Mr. Tae gave her. 

 

"I don't get this. How can I not get this? I aced the unit test." A knock came on her door and Yuri saw that her mom was standing there with Misun in her arms. 

 

"How did Misun get here?" Yuri asked, as she took her goddaughter from her mom. 

 

"Jahoon and Insun are going out so they dropped Misun off." 

 

"What about Yunnie, aunt and uncle?" 

 

"Yunho's gone out with Junsu studying for Calculus, Yongchul's at work and Inhee is here with us, too." 

 

"Oh, and you are bringing Misun to me because?" 

 

"Inhee and I are going shopping." Mrs. Kwon grinned. 

 

"Oh, great. Well, I do deserve a break." She said, as she walked out of her bedroom. 

 

"Noona." Hyukjun said, as he bounded down the stairs behind her. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Jiwoong and I are going bike riding." 

 

Yuri sighed, "Go ahead. Is Tae coming over, too?" 

 

"Yeah. She wants to study Science with you." 

 

"Great, finally. If her boyfriend and my fiancé ditch us then we will ditch them." Yuri grinned. 

 

Hyukjun laughed as he held Misun. He raised a brow as Misun punched his chest, "She's like Jahoon Hyung." Hyukjun said, "Always hurting people." 

 

Mrs. Jung, Mrs. Kwon and Yuri laughed, "Misun is after all a Jung." Yuri mused. 

 

"Oh." Yuri grinned, "Did you guys see when Yunnie had the interview with Nara?" 

 

Mrs. Jung chuckled, "He thought you were going to call again." 

 

"And in the end, Jahoon Hyung called him." Hyukjun smirked. 

 

"It was so funny. He turned purple with anger. Oh my god. I think Jahoon Oppa needs to stay here until Yunho Oppa calms down." Yuri giggled. 

 

Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Kwon laughed as they got their purses. They kissed Hyukjun, Yuri and Misun goodbye before going to the car. 

 

"Yuri, Inhee and I are choosing your grad. dress." Mrs. Kwon said, as she left. 

 

"Make sure it isn't outdated." Yuri called after them. She heard the two elderly women laugh before getting into the car. 

 

"So, when is Tae and Ji coming?" Yuri asked her brother. 

 

"Now." Came Jiwoong's voice. 

 

"Hey Ji!" Yuri squealed, as she hugged Jiwoong with one arm and held Misun with the other. 

 

"Hey Yul. Did Yunho Oppa ditch you?" Taeyeon asked, as she took Misun into her arms. Misun snuggled against Taeyeon and slowly started to fall asleep. 

 

"Yeah, with your boyfriend." 

 

Taeyeon snorted, "How about we give them the silent treatment? They ditched us, we not talk to them." 

 

"I knew I became your best friend for a reason." Yuri grinned as they sat down on the carpet. Hyukjun got Yuri's books before leaving with Jiwoong to go bike riding. 

 

"Hey Tae." Yuri said softly. 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Remember when we were younger; we used to talk about our weddings?" 

 

"Hmmm." 

 

"Well..." Yuri grinned, "Now that I'm getting married, why aren't we talking?" 

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened, "Oh my god! You are getting married?!" 

 

Yuri sweat dropped, "Well duh, that's what everybody figured when Yunnie proposed to me." 

 

"But...But...But...You are getting married?!" 

 

"We have been engaged for a few months and you only realized I'm getting married?!" Yuri gasped. 

 

"Yes! Oh my god! We need dress fitting, shoes, jewels, makeup, hair! Oh my god! My best friend is getting married! I'm the maid of honour and then we have to find Yunho Oppa's best and grooms men! Oh my god! You are getting married!" 

 

"Wow, we are not getting married yet." 

 

"But the planning takes forever. Right after our exam tomorrow, I'm booking appointments for dresses. Then you and Yunho Oppa have to pick out cards and...this will be a blast!" She squealed. 

 

Yuri laughed, "Now, time to study." She said. She turned to looked at Misun who was on the baby swing that was installed in Yuri's house. Yuri smiled at her goddaughter as she saw her drifting to sleep, "Shhh, Misun is sleeping." She said. Taeyeon nodded as they opened their books. 

 

"Good thing Mrs. Kye is easy; she practically told us what's on our exam." Taeyeon murmured, as they got studying. 

 

"Ok. So, you have the bodies done. Grrr, if only the boys were here." Taeyeon murmured. 

 

"But then again, we aren't talking to them." Yuri reminded her. 

 

"They ditched us." 

 

"For math." Yuri said, shocked. 

 

"For math." Taeyeon said, appalled. 

 

"For math." They both said, shocked and appalled. 

 

"We will take a break. I gotta feed Misun." Yuri said, once Misun started to stirred awake. Yuri walked into the kitchen and started to mix up some milk powder and water. Misun was 5 months old and plenty old enough to drink from a bottle but here and there, she still from her mom. 

 

"You are going to be a big girl, eh?" Yuri hugged her goddaughter, "Yes, you are. If you were old enough, you could have been my flower girl." She murmured. 

 

"She could have." Came the warm voice of Yunho. Yuri paid him no heed and continued to talk with her goddaughter. 

 

"You are going to be the oldest, eh?" She grinned, "Of your siblings and your cousins. Lucky Misun." 

 

"Hey, Yul." He said, but Yuri continued to ignored him, "But I bet you won't ditch your fiancé for math now, will you?" She said, as she cuddled the girl. She got the bottle and briskly walked passed Yunho and sat on the sofa with Taeyeon beside her. She put the bottle into Misun's lips and she instantly started . 

 

"Misun is so cute but I always wanted a son first." Yuri murmured. She knew Yunho had a spare keys to the house, that's the only way he entered. Junsu was also in the room but apparently, Taeyeon already 'ignored' him, "A son!" Taeyeon squealed, "And then I'm the godmother of your son. Say, what did you want to name your first son?" 

 

Yuri smiled, "Youngjae." 

 

"Cute!" Taeyeon squealed. 

 

"And if you had a girl?" Taeyeon asked, once she calmed down. 

 

"Yumi." 

 

"They are ignoring us." Junsu said. 

 

"Duh, I kinda figured that out." 

 

"Aw, Misun fell asleep." 

 

"I will put her in my bed." Yuri said, as she picked up one of the two baby monitors. She walked up to her bedroom but didn't notice her fiancé following her. She gently put Misun on the bed and surround her with pillows, not wanting her to fall. She the monitor and put it beside the bed. Just as she turned around, she bumped into Yunho. 

 

"Hey." He said softly. Yuri looked up at him and then turned to leave. 

 

"Wait." He said, catching her around the waist, "Why are you mad at me?" He asked. 

 

"I don't know." She said angrily, yet softly because Misun was sleeping, "Maybe because you ditched me for math." "I didn't." He said. He turned his fiancée around and put one had over her eyes. The other hand went into his pocket and pulled something out. Then he quickly draped it over her neck and clasped it. 

 

"I needed Su's help choosing it." He murmured softly into her ear. 

 

Yuri saw a diamond baguette heart necklace in 10k yellow gold hung around her neck. 

 

"Oh my god, it's beautiful." She whispered. 

 

"I uses the excuse of studying with Junsu to get this for you." 

 

"But...But..." Yuri was speechless. She looked up into her fiancé's eyes and saw love. She smiled and pressed her pink lips against his. He wrapped his arms around her waist as she leaned into him, "I love it." 

 

"Good. Now, let's go study." 

 

"But Tae is still ignoring Junsu." 

 

Yunho grinned, "Let her. The ert will do outrageous things to get his girlfriend to talk to him." 

 

Yuri laughed, "You bad boy." 

 

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and finally, it was graduation day. Taeyeon eventually talked to Junsu when she saw the beautiful necklace the boy chose out for Yuri. 

 

Finally, it was graduation night. 

 

The night where they become adults. 

 

The last night where they saw some of their friends. 

 

The night where they shone. 

 

Everybody was wearing their grad. robes and was sitting on the chairs. It was an outdoor graduation and the parents were all sitting on the opposite of them. Yuri saw her mom and smiled. She was sitting beside Junsu in the order and grinned as she talked to him before the ceremony began. 

 

"Graduation." Junsu grinned. 

 

"Are you going to proposes to Tae anytime soon?" Yuri whispered. 

 

"I, uh." Junsu flushed. Yuri giggled and nudged him, "You should." 

 

"But does she want to marry me?" Junsu whispered back. Yuri rolled her eyes and looked at Taeyeon who sat a few seats away. 

 

"Of course. We are best friends. She's liked you since our freshman Su Oppa." Yuri grinned. 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Yes, rea..." Yuri started, but got cut off once the principal made it to the podium and started talking to start the graduation. 

 

After everybody received their diplomas, the valedictorian came up to the podium. Valedictorian being none other than... 

 

"Kim Taeyeon!" Mr. Malchin exclaimed, as Taeyeon smiled and stood up, her speech ready. 

 

She looked down at the crowd before clearing , "When I first came to SM high, I was obviously scared. Who wouldn't be when you are new to high school with nobody, you know? It was even harder for me because I first moved here from a different part of Korea. My best friend used to live there with me and I was elated to know she was here. We met up and then it went from there. The teachers were great; they didn't treat us like little children, even though." Taeyeon laugh a bit, "We still act like it. I got the grand opportunity in getting to know Jung Yunho and even becoming close friends with him. High school was a time to meet new people and get ready for the future. We may not know what the future holds but we know that the friends we made and cherish so much in high school will walk with us to wherever the path of future leads us. On a final note." Taeyeon winked at Yuri before looking back at the audience, "My best friend, the one I mentioned earlier has already begun her future. I would like to congratulate my best friend, Kwon Yuri and her fiancé, Jung Yunho and wish them many years of happy marriage. Thank you." And with that, Taeyeon walked off. Everybody gave her a standing ovation. Yuri hugged her while she was walking back to her seat. 

 

"That was marvelous." Junsu grinned as Taeyeon kissed her boyfriend. 

 

The ceremony ended and the grad. reception was be to hosted in an hour. That gave enough time to take pictures and do final touches makeup if needed. 

 

Yuri squealed as she hugged her mom, "I'm an adult." She grinned. 

 

"That you are." Mrs. Kwon smiled as she took a few solo pictures of Yuri and then some with Yunho. 

 

Mrs. Jung hungrily snapped along, taking any pictures of Yunho or Yuri she could get. Finally, it was over. 

 

"Thank you." Yuri groaned, "Misun!" She squealed, as she plucked her goddaughter out of the arms of Insun, "Seems like you love Misun more than her real parents." Jahoon winked at Yuri who winked right back. 

 

"I could but then, that wouldn't be fair to you two now, would it?" Yuri laughed as her fiancé wrapped an arm around her waist. 

 

"Did anybody see Boa?" Taeyeon asked. Junsu smirked, "Oh, I did alright. She and Jonghyun were walking inside." Yuri went into a coughing fit and Yunho laughed out loud. 

 

"She settled for Jong Oppa after Yunho Oppa? Oh my god. Talk about desperate." Yuri rolled her eyes. 

 

"So, the reception is going to begin soon. Yuri and I have to go get ready." Taeyeon said, as she dragged Yuri away, "Junsu Oppa, drive us!" Taeyeon hollered. 

 

"What do I do?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Learn to be a father!" Taeyeon screamed, from the other side of the area.