Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

 

Hey guys. I just want to explained some stuff here so you guys wouldn't be confused like how some or all of us know Yunho has a younger sister by the name of Jihye but in this story, instead of giving Yunho a younger sister, I will be giving him an older brother. For Yuri, as you guys must also know, she has an older brother by the name Hyukjun but instead, I will be making Yuri older then him. Besides, I heard that Yunho was making a solo album, I decided to uses the name of his solo album 'U KNOW Y' in this story also. Okay, I guess this is all so on with the story and hope you guys enjoy it ^^

 


 

Chapter 1

 

"For the past three days, a female has been going to the residence of the famous teen singer, Jung Yunho, eighteen years old and leaving late at night. Our reporters have caught a picture of the back of her olive Forever 21 hooded twill jacket and she is unrecognizable. We have an interview with Yunho, questioning about her and many other things. Hello Yunho. This is reporter Nara at SCN FM Radio. How are you today?"

 

"I'm cool. Singing some songs, going to school and chilling out with my friends." Yunho said, flashing a grin.

 

Jung Yunho was a teen singer at the age of eighteen. As a boy, he always sang when his brother, Jung Jaehoon, played the drums. Now at eighteen, he is the biggest sensation yet. He had short brownish black hair with the most perfect brown, almond-shaped eyes. He was tall, around six feet and was very athletic.

 

"That's great. Speaking of chilling with your friends, we have noticed a young girl going to your house on regular basis. Care to tell us who she is?" Nara asked.

 

Yunho laughed, "Yes, in fact, I do care. I won't reveal her identity and she won't come up so easily. All I can say is, she's my best friend since the day we were born and I call her princess."

 

"Aw." Nara said, smiling "Your princess? Any feelings?"

 

"Pfft, no." Yunho snorted.

 

Nara laughed, "Alright. Care to tell us about your hit new album, U KNOW Y?"

 

"My brother and I made half the song in the CD and then my princess and I sing the duets. Our hit single is 'My Boo' where she and I sing. It's releasing in five weeks and there's a concert in two months time."

 

"That's great. Now, I hear your starting your senior year at SM High, am I correct?"

 

"Yeah, I'm starting my senior year in high school as is my princess. We are in basically all our classes together which I'm too happy for."

 

"That so sweet. Now Yunho, any girlfriends?"

 

"Yeah, in fact the media knows about my girlfriend, Boa Kwon. Boa kind of made sure the media knew."

 

Nara giggled, "Boa must be proud. Alright, going back to the concert. When is it exactly?"

 

"Well, my team was planning it on October the eight, however, after much consideration, I want it on Decemeber the fifth, my princess birthday. She's turning seventeen."

 

Nara frowned, "Seventeen? Then she shouldn't be in her senior year."

 

"Actually, it's ok. I started school a year late to be with my princess."

 

"I see. Anyway, that's all the time we have for today and we also found out that Yunho has a best friend whom he calls princess. How sweet. That's it for SCN FM Radio, I'm Nara Tak."

 

Kwon Yuri, turning seventeen in two months time, turned off the tv, laughing "He's such a prick." She said, giggling as she skipped up to her bedroom.

 

Yuri was a beautiful and funny sixteen going on seventeen year old girl who was home alone at the current time since her mom, Kwon Yura, had taken her thirteen year old brother, Kwon Hyukjun, to the dentists. Yuri's dad, Kwon Haejin, had died when she was three.

 

Yuri's mom was working two jobs to get their mortgage and loans paid off while Yuri also has a part-time job to help.

 

Their family friend, the Jung's have offered to pay off the mortgage, loans and whatnot but Yura had declined. Ah Inhee and Kang Yura had a history together. They were friends since they were five years old and when they grew up, they became like sisters. Then Inhee married the famous businessman, Jung Yongchul while Yura married a middle-class man, Kwon Haejin. Inhee and Yongchul had two children together. The older one Jaehoon, the direct heir to their company and Yunho, the singer of the bunch.

 

A year after Yunho was born, Yuri was born. She started school with Yunho who had started school late. They knew each other since they were babies and have grown to become great friends like their mom's.

 

However, after he became a singer, they decided to keep their friendship hidden so that the Kwon family doesn't get extra attention from the media.

 

Walking into her bedroom, Yuri went to checked her samsung galaxy note 2 to see if she got any message, 'None so far.' She thought.

 

Since Yuri had a part-time job, the money she makes goes to her savings and her cellphone bills and the rest went to help her mom paid off the loan.

 

Just when Yuri finished ironing her clothes and hung them up in her closet, her cellphone started to ring.

 

She didn't even care to look at the caller ID when she answered it.

 

"Hello, Kwon Yuri here."

 

"Hi princess." Came the husky familiar voice.

 

"Yunho Oppa, I'm going to kill you! You basically told the whole world about me!" Yuri shrieked.

 

"I did not. I just said that I have a princess. They have no idea who my princess is."

 

"And you better be thankful for that."

 

"Anyway Yul, don't you think it's time to tell Junsu and Taeyeon about us being best friends? I mean, they are our best friends."

 

"Tae, I can trust but Junsu, I can't. Remember, that loser touched me before." Yuri snorted.

 

Kim Taeyeon and Kim Junsu had been friends with the two since eighth grade. Junsu and Yunho became friends a month or so after school started while Taeyeon and Yuri right off the bat. They still didn't want, even their new friends, to know about their friendship so Yuri and Yunho had remained quiet.

 

"And I still want to punch his lights out for touching you!" Yunho snarled.

 

"Aw, my personal body...singer...person." Yuri said awkwardly.

 

"Haha, very funny." Yunho said sarcastically.

 

"Whatever. Listen, you know the concert which you have been talking non-stop about since three months ago?" Yunho laughed, "Yeah, so?"

 

"We duet half your songs so how are we going to do it there?"

 

"I can either record your voice and play it back or you can stand backstage and sing." Yunho said.

 

"Backstage is better. Something could happen to the tape." Yuri said.

 

"That's what I thought. Anyway princess, come visit me today! I'm so bored!" Yunho whined.

 

"Aw, I will try, unless this time, the cameras will get more than just the back of my jacket." Yuri muttered.

 

Yunho snorted, "I will break the cameras. You are so much more interesting to talk to than Boa."

 

"Of course, since we know basically everything about each other."

 

Yunho grinned, "Yeah, like you are in heat right now, princess."

 

Yuri paled, "You idiot! You know when I go through my monthly?"

 

"Of course, it's usually the end of the month where you piss at me."

 

"And why the hell do you call it heat? You are not...not a dog or wolf." Yuri finished.

 

Yunho chuckled, "Yes, I know. I'm not a dog or wolf. I'm a regular boy who's a famous singer but nobody understands heat so it's our thing, princess."

 

Yuri giggled, "When did you start calling me princess?"

 

"Remember, five years ago when I help you looked for your lost mickey mouse teddy bear. I told you I will be your knight in shinning armor while you be my princess after I found it under your bed."

 

"Oh, yeah." Yuri said, laughing as she walked downstairs again, and sat down on the sofa.

 

"You as bored as I am, princess?" Yunho asked.

 

"Even more. Don't you have a recording in two hours?" Yuri asked.

 

"! How did you know?"

 

"Jaehoon told me eight days ago when I came over."

 

"! Thanks for reminding me, princess."

 

"Of course. Anyway Oppa, ever since you became famous, we have always pretended to ignore each other in school and sometimes, the occasional fake fight. What is our relationship now?"

 

"You know that Boa hates you so we have to act neutral. Not hate but not show that we know each other. Damn, I hate it when she bad talks you!" Yunho growled.

 

"Then why are you dating her?" Yuri asked.

 

"I don't know. I think I like her." He said quietly. For some odd reason, that somehow hit Yuri.

 

"Aw, are you more open with little old Yuri then your own brother?"

 

Yunho chuckled, "Of course. Hoonie is a serious bastard who cares for nothing except his business!"

 

"And Insun." Yuri pointed out. Insun was Jaehoon's wife.

 

"Yeah, and her, too." Yunho mumbled.

 

"So Oppa, does that mean I have to go all fan girl-ish on you?" Yuri asked, as she the tv. Fangirls tended to scream at the sight of Yunho.

 

"No, you don't have to, unless Boa gets suspicious and if she does get suspicious then we can just have a fight or something."

 

Yuri sighed, "Unless anybody gets suspicious and getting into fights is so much easier then 'Oh my god! It's Yunho Oppa', know what I mean? Why don't we just dub our selves enemies at school rather than act neutral?"

 

Yunho chuckled, "Yeah, better idea. Anyway, I have to now Yul, since it's an hour drive to the studio."

 

Yuri smiled, "Ok, bye Yunnie Oppa." She said, calling him by the nickname she picked out.

 

He laughed, "Bye princess."

 

Ending the called, Yuri lay down on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling, 'We have been friends forever.' Yuri thought, as she fell asleep.

 

It was finally the first day of school and the school principal, Malchin Yang, called for an assembly right after morning announcements.

 

Yuri and Yunho had every single class together, probably Mrs. Jung's doing, and their first class together was Musical Theater.

 

Yuri had taken this course because it was easy credit and she loved singing while Yunho just did it to be with Yuri. Anyway, the announcemented started in ten minutes so all the students were filling into the auditorium by grade. So, what their teacher did, meaning Yunho and Yuri's teacher, was start off the very first thing in their ten minute waiting period.

 

"Alright class." The teacher, Kyoungmi Ahn, said. Mrs. Ahn was young, beautiful and was a great actress/singer, "What I do every year is since Musical Theater usually has a bit over the number of students needed is, I pair off two students to always work together. It saves time and energy when we actually do partnership work. This year, fortunately, I have a reasonable amount of students, twelve. Not to many, not to less and on the plus note, I always try to pair a male and female together and we luckily ended up with even amount of both es. Now girls, line up there and boys, there and I will pair you two off."

 

As the girls and boys started to move, Yuri and Yunho ended up standing parallel to each other. To Yuri's right was a gorgeous girl by the named Jessica Jung Sooyeon and parallel to Jessica was Yuri's friend since the fifth grade, Shim Changmin. To Yuri's left was Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, a good friend to Yuri. She has a huge crush on Kim Jaejoong, the boy who was dubbed the biggest player in the last four high school years.

 

Unfortunately, Yuri was Jaejoong's latest target, much to Yunho's displeasure, and Jaejoong was also in Musical Theater, standing parallel to Tiffany.

 

"Alright class." Mrs. Ahn said, "To make this easier on all of us, the boy and girl who is standing across from you will be your partner for the rest of this semester. So girls, tell me your partner names starting off with Yoona." "Park Yoochun." Yoona Im said, smiling.

 

"Alright, Yoona and Yoochun. Next."

 

The names continued until Jessica, Yuri and Tiffany were to say their names, being the last girls in their row, "Shim Changmin." Jessica said.

 

"Yuri." Mrs. Ahn said, looking down at Yuri. Ahn Kyoungmi had taught every year so she was pretty much familiar with all the students, except the new ones. Yuri was even in Mrs. Ahn's vocal course and in choir a few times.

 

Yuri grinned, "Jung Yunho."

 

All the girls gasped as they finally realized that Yunho was in their Musical Theater class.

 

"How could they not noticed?" Jessica asked, shocked.

 

"Settle down. Now, Tiffany."

 

"Kim Jaejoong."

 

Mrs. Ahn wrote down all the names and said, "This is your pair for the entire semester. You two are to be together all the time in this class. We are going to start singin..." However, she got cut off when Mr. Yang called in for the seniors to make it to the auditorium.

 

Mrs. Ahn nodded as the kids filed out, talking to their friends. To look inconspicuous, Yunho walked with Jaejoong, much to his outmost distaste and Yuri walked with her friends, Jessica and Tiffany.

 

"Jess, Yul, I'm with Jae Oppa!" Tiffany squealed.

 

Jessica grinned, "I get a great actor, Chang Oppa."

 

Yuri frowned, "I get stuck with a ing attitude, 'I'm-the-best-singer-in-the-world' with tones of money jack!" Yunho turned to looked back and grinned, "Hi girls. Tiffany and Jessica, was it?"

 

Jessica and Tiffany shrieked.

 

Yuri snorted, "Pathetic."

 

Yunho had to give his princess props on the acting.

 

When the group entered the auditorium, Yuri instantly saw Taeyeon sitting at the far corner with Junsu, saving four seats.

 

"Stay close." Mrs. Ahn whispered, as the group split up into different locations.

 

Yuri, Jessica and Tiffany rushed over to Taeyeon and Junsu with Yunho behind them. Since Boa was nowhere in sight, Yunho gave up looking for her.

 

"Hey Yul." Taeyeon said, grinning as she hugged her friend. Jessica and Tiffany took the seats beside Taeyeon, leaving two seats together for Yunho and Yuri.

 

Damn, they sure didn't mind!

 

"So Yul, why this sudden hatred for our teen popstar?" Jessica asked.

 

"He's a stuck up jerk!" Yuri spat bitterly, but secretly, Yunho was playing with Yuri's long fingers and nobody seen to noticed it. When Mr. Yang came onto the stage, everybody clapped while Yunho bent down to Yuri's ear and whispered, "Stuck up, eh?"

 

"Shhh!" Yuri hissed, with a smile on her oval-shaped face as Yunho poke her in her belly gently.

 

"Welcome back old students and new students!" Mr. Yang cried, making everybody cheered.

 

"As you know, this is supposedly the most entertained school year as of yet. First of all, welcome back mister Jung Yunho, for your last and final year of gracing us with your singing talents."

 

A bunch of girls stood up with a poster reading, 'I LOVE YOU YUNNIE OPPA!'

 

Yuri snorted, "Excuse me?" She whispered, when the cheering died down, "Only I can call you my Yunnie Oppa." Yunho chuckled. Yuri frowned as she turned to Jessica who was sitting beside Taeyeon.

 

"Hey Jess, trade with me?"

 

Jessica turned looked at Yuri, confused "Why?"

 

"I'm sitting beside a stuck up jerk! Besides, I have to talk to Tae about the trip to Hong Kong this December." Jessica nodded as she crept past Tiffany as Yuri did as well. Yunho knew fully well that this was all part of the 'I-can't-stand-the-teen-singer' act but it did somewhat feel awkward without Yuri sitting beside him.

 

All his life, it was always himself, Jaehoon, Yuri and Hyukjun, all the time. Whenever Jaehoon and Hyukjun weren't there, it didn't matter because it was always Yuri and Yunho, always.

 

Jessica didn't bother Yunho much, just the few, 'How is it like being famous?' and 'Will you give me your autograph?' questions.

 

'Girls.' He thought, as he signed a pad of paper that Jessica had.

 

Finally, the assembly ended which took basically all of first period. Yuri and Yunho both had spare second and lunch third period. Then for fourth and fifth period, they had classes.

 

Just when Yuri was shoving her stuff into her locker and turning to go, she bumped into somebody.

 

"Watch it, !" Came the all to familiar voice.

 

" off Boo!" Yuri spat, as she was about to walk around Boa.

 

"I don't think so. Apologize to my boyfriend before he knocks some senses into you."

 

Yuri could have laughed out loud right there and then. She had bumped into Yunho and apologizing to him in front of Boa would be the last thing she will do. Besides, Yunho knocking some senses into Yuri? This must be a joke.

 

"Oh, apologize? Ok then. Oppa, I'm sorry for not being sorry that I bumped into you." Yuri said, grinning foolishly. She glared at Boa once before walking past them.

 

"What the hell did she just say Yun Oppa?! I'm sorry for not being sorry? What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

 

Yunho shrugged, trying to hide the grin that was about to show on his small, oval-shaped face. He turned around for a split second to see Yuri holding up a spare key to his Ferrari car.

 

Yuri had a set of keys for Yunho's car because sometimes, they would go out driving and she will start the car for him. Smiling, Yunho turned back to Boa and said, "Hey Boa, I have to go visit my brother. Nobody's home and he's sick."

 

Boa pouted, "Fine Oppa, but can you please tell me that I'm your princess?"

 

Yunho laughed and shook his head, "Want me to lie or tell the truth?"

 

"Truth. I know I will like what you say." Boa said smiling, her makeup was caked on her v-line shaped face that made her look all unnatural.

 

"It ain't you." Yunho said, before giving her a soft kiss on the cheek, "But I still love you more."

 

Boa smiled, "Bye Oppa."

 

Just as Yunho rounded the corner, Boa scowled, "Not me?! Who the is that ?!"

 

Yunho had parked his car at the far corner of the parking lot so when Yuri got in, nobody seemed to notice. A few minutes later, Yunho came by and got in before hugging Yuri.

 

"Sorry about Boa."

 

Yuri shrugged, "It's been like that since the eigth grade."

 

Yunho sighed, "So, what now?"

 

"I'm starving and you said that aunt Inhee had Omurice?"

 

Yunho grinned, "Oh yeah, she does."

 

Yuri squealed, "Oh Yunnie Oppa! We can go to your house and be back in time, right?!"

 

Yunho chuckled, "I guess we can." And with that, he reversed the car and took off.

 

Oh yeah, being best friends for your entire life is one thing. Hiding it is another but falling in love?

 

The story is just beginning.