Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

Chapter 28

 

It was now the first weekend after Valentine's day and everybody was gathered at Yunho's house, him wanting to tell them the story of when he broke up with Boa. Boa had been glaring at Yunho all week but he plainly ignored her, actually liking the feeling of not being tied down to Boa.

 

"Ok, so tell." Misook said, grinning.

 

"Alright." Yunho smirked as he rubbed Yuri's arm up and down since she was sitting on his lap.

 

*Flashback*

 

Right after Yunho left Yuri's house, he decided to pay Boa a little visit. It wasn't as hard as he thought it had be. Yunho walked up to Boa's front door and rang the doorbell. She opened it and...Well, she looked happy?

 

"Oh my god! Yun Oppa, you are back! On Valentine's day too, and you have come to visit me!" She scowled then, "I knew you loved me more than princess!"

 

'Yeah, that's why I'm engaged to her?' Yunho thought comically to himself, as he let myself in. He plopped down on the sofa and put his feet up on top of the coffee table.

 

"Get me some coffee Boa, baby." Yunho teased. Might as well raid her house of its food before he 'Break it to her'. Boa sighed, "No hug, no kisses? Just coffee?"

 

"Can I get some coffee?" Yunho sighed.

 

Boa scowled before going to get him the coffee. Yunho laughed to himself then, thinking that this would be more fun than he had planned. Boa came back with a cup of coffee and gave it to him. He only started sipping a bit when he started coughing.

 

"What is this?! I want more cream than this Boa!" Yunho ordered, making Boa frowned, "I'm sorry, but I don..." Yunho held his hand up, interrupting her, "I have come to visit you after my long trip back from Tokyo so appreciate it."

 

Boa's frowned deepened as she went to get more cream for his coffee. Yunho grinned, loving this idea more then he originally thought.

 

"Get me some cakes, too!" Yunho ordered, from the living room.

 

"We don't have any." She said, using that snotty tone. Yunho grimaced, 'How did I ever think I loved her?'

 

"Then what do you got?"

 

"Strawberry shortcake."

 

"Great, give me some."

 

"Why are you being so bossy?!" Boa shrilled.

 

"I thought, instead of you bossing me around, I should do the bossing this time. Tell me, you don't want me, the famous singer Yunho, to dump, do you?"

 

Boa snorted, "You had never dump me. I'm too y."

 

"You are so full of yourself." Yunho said, as he got up and walked towards the kitchen. He stared at her and held the coffee in front of him. He then turned the cup upside down and let the contents spill onto the ground.

 

"And that's your downfall. We are through."

 

"What?!" Boa screamed.

 

Yunho chuckled and nodded, picking up his jacket, "So long." Yunho said, as he walked out.

 

"You can't do that to me!" She called, after him, running.

 

"I think I just did."

 

"But...But...But...it's Valentine's day."

 

"Adds more effect, doesn't it?" Yunho grinned as he walked towards the limo.

 

"No! You...You...Yunho Oppa!" Boa screamed. Neighbors came out of their houses and stared at her rudely, "Don't. We are finished. It wasn't working." Yunho said, "It wasn't you, it was...No wait, it was you." Yunho smirked before getting into the limo, faintly hearing her screaming.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

"Oh my god!" Taeyeon shrieked.

 

Misook, Yuri, Kyunghee, Sangmi, Insun, Junsu, Jahoon, Kangdae and Taeyeon were all staring at Yunho like he was from another planet.

 

"And that's it?" Junsu asked.

 

Yunho nodded, "You think I went a little too rough on her? I mean, she was acting possessive before I went to To..." He started, but got cut off when Yuri pressed her pale pink lips against his. Everybody hooted as she slowly allowed him to take over. After they pulled back, she smiled, "Rough? On Boa? Darling, I love you."

 

Everybody laughed as Yunho smirked at them all, "I just wish somebody was there to video tape it."

 

Taeyeon laughed, "Hyukjun told Jiwoong to tell me that Hyukjun got Yunho's arrival at the Kwon's residence on tape."

 

Yuri smiled and nodded, "Yeah, apparently, my mom paid Hyukjun 50 monthly to get all of mine and Yunho Oppa's moments on tape."

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened, "Oh my god. Jiwoong would die to get paid 50 a month just to film me and Su Oppa." Junsu pretended to blush, "You are actually allowing me to..."

 

"Can it Kim." Kyunghee said dryly, making everybody laughed.

 

Yuri yawned as she snuggled against Yunho, "Weird, huh? How we were best friends since birth and now we are engaged?"

 

Misook grinned, "That's why, girls and guys can never be friends. Love always interferes."

 

"Unless Yunho Oppa was ugly then I had just sympathize him." Yuri said cheekily.

 

Yunho, Junsu, Jahoon and Kangdae laughed while the girls agreed.

 

"So Insun, when are the babies due?" Sangmi asked.

 

"Any day, any time." Insun said wryly.

 

"Ouch." Yuri winced, "Remind me not to get pregnant for a few years."

 

Yunho laughed and kissed her cheek, "Of course, you do want Misun to get some playmates, right?"

 

"True." Yuri said thoughtfully, "But knowing Insun, she had put the godparents and the dad on Misun's duty while she sleeps comfortably."

 

Yunho playfully glared at his sister-in-law, "You better not. I don't want Yul falling asleep on our honeymoon night. That night, it's all about staying up, baby."

 

Everybody roared in laughter as Yuri blushed hard before hiding her face into Yunho's chest. Suddenly, Insun screamed in pain, making everybody shut up and turned to looked at her worriedly.

 

"I...It's...She's coming!" Insun wailed, as Jahoon stood up, worry written all over his face.

 

Yuri shot up and grabbed whoever's cell phone was on the coffee table and called the ambulance. Yunho took his phone and called his dad at work and his mom who was out visiting some nearby family.

 

For Jahoon, he was trying to soothe his wife.

 

"That won't work Hoonie Oppa." Yuri said sternly, "Misook Eonnie, get some water, Sangmi, get some pillows and Kyunghee, blankets! Yunho Oppa, go outside and wait for the ambulance to come and I need Su Oppa and Kangdae Oppa to keep Jahoon sane! In another room!" Yuri ordered. Everybody went to do what they were told to do. Jahoon, though very reluctant, left the room with a few worry glances at Insun.

 

Sangmi and Kyunghee came back down with pillows and blankets. Yuri and Taeyeon got Insun comfortable as Misook brought back water.

 

"How far apart are the contractions?" Yuri asked her future-sister-in-law.

 

"I don't...Ah!" Insun shrieked in pain.

 

"I had say 3 minutes." Taeyeon said.

 

"Oh, . Did your water break yet?" Yuri asked.

 

Insun shook her head.

 

"Then the baby isn't due for a few minutes." Misook said, as she helped Insun drink some water. Insun clutched Taeyeon's hand and squeezed, causing Taeyeon to wince.

 

"Why did you push Hoonie Oppa out?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"If he stayed, he's going to throw us off on our contraction count." Yuri said, as she counted down to Insun's next contraction.

 

"The ambulance is here." Yunho said, as he ran in to find his fiancée doing a good job in keeping Insun comfortable.

 

"My water broke!" Insun screamed.

 

"Perfect timing. Where's Hoonie Oppa?" Yuri asked.

 

"Right here." Jahoon said, running in.

 

"Take your wife to the hospital and I will come afterwards. You guys better go by car." Yuri said to their friends, "And Insun will be alright."

 

Everybody nodded and ran out as Jahoon took his wife to the ambulance. Yuri rubbed her temples and sat down on the sofa with her fiancé beside her. She leaned on him and smiled softly.

 

"We are going to be godparents." She said, smiling.

 

Yunho chuckled and kissed her temple, "How did you know what to do?"

 

Yuri flushed, "I have been watching women going into labor on tv for 5 weeks now, thinking of Insun and how I had feel when I have your kids."

 

Yunho didn't know what it was but when she said 'Have your kids', he feel some sense of pride.

 

"So, should we go?" Yuri asked, as she stood up.

 

Yunho nodded as they walked up to his bedroom to get a face mask. Yuri picked up a blue one, having Yunho helped her put it on. He then pressed his lips firmly against hers, making her melted as her legs turned to jelly. He pulled back and rubbed his nose against hers, "I love you." He said softly, as he her cheek.

 

Yuri smiled and hugged him tightly, "I love you, too. Now, go."

 

The two soon arrived at the hospital to see the entire crew sitting in the waiting room, looking very serious.

 

"What happened?" Yuri asked worriedly.

 

"The baby shifted positions." Misook said, a sob escaping .

 

"There's a chance that either Insun or Misun will die." Junsu said, as he hugged a crying Taeyeon.

 

Yuri's eyes widened as Yunho put an arm around her shoulder. This type of news can only affect three sets of people: The parents, grandparents and godparents.

 

Since Yuri and Yunho were the godparents, they felt the impact most.

 

"No! No!" Yuri cried, as she dug her face into Yunho's chest.

 

The nurses and doctors looked at them and instantly, they recognized Yunho and his princess. Then half of them figured out that his sister-in-law was in delivery. However, one very stupid young intern doctor came by.

 

"Hello." He said courteously.

 

Everybody glanced at him while Yunho glared at him, "What do you want? Can't you see we are pretty preoccupied here."

 

He jumped and ran away. Yuri looked at where the intern was before she looked at her fiancé, "He wanted an autograph." She said softly.

 

"Is he stupid?! Can't he see we are kind of busy worrying over Insun! How the hell do you think we can give autographs when Insun is in delivery in a matter of ing life and death?!" Yunho roared.

 

Another sob errupted from Yuri's throat, making Yunho hold her tightly in his arms. A few seconds later, Mr. and Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Kwon rushed into the hospital waiting room.

 

"What happened?" Mrs. Kwon asked, as she saw her daughter's puffy red eyes behind her mask.

 

"Misun's position changed. Now, either Insun or Misun will die during labor." Yunho said solemnly. Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Kwon felt like cold water splashed onto them. Mr. Jung's brow furrowed as he went to ask the nurse about Insun's current status.

 

Finally, the young intern doctor came back, causing Yunho to glare at him. He sighed before bowing, "I'm the intern of doctor Youngsoo, the doctor who's delivering Insun Jung's baby."

 

Everybody straightened up and stared at the intern.

 

The doctor smiled, "Both the baby and Mrs. Jung have survived. Doctor Youngsoo is doing extra tests on the baby and Mrs. Jung to see if they are both healthy. Only two at a time can visit them."

 

"Godparents first!" Yuri squealed, making Yunho chuckled. The two walked into Insun's room and walked in to find a very battered out Jahoon and an even more battered out Insun.

 

"Oh my god! Insun Eonnie!" Yuri squealed, as her face mask started to slip. She repositioned it and went to hug both, Jahoon and Insun. She tightly hung onto her future-brother-in-law before playing a soft kiss on his cheek, "They are ok Oppa."

 

Jahoon coughed, "I'm glad they are."

 

Yunho sniggered, "Too bad I missed Hoonie's only time when he's 'Worrying'."


Yuri pouted, "That was mean Yunnie."

 

The nurse came back in with Misun Jung. Yuri stared at the little baby as the nurse handed the bundle to Jahoon and Yunho could tell the flicker of emotions in his eyes as he held his first child in his arms.

 

"Name?" The nurse asked softly.

 

"Misun." Yuri grinned.

 

"Cute." The nurse smiled before putting the tag on the baby. Yuri grinned as she held the baby in her arms. She kissed Insun's cheek before snuggling with her goddaughter, "She's so cute. She even has Hoonie Oppa's nose." She complimented.

 

"And Insun's lips." Yunho said fondly, as he examined his goddaughter with his fiancée beside him. Insun and Jahoon watched the couple and exchanged secret smiles. Yeah, someday, Yunho and Yuri would make perfect parents.

 

"Prom is in a week." Yuri grinned as she launched into Yunho's house. Misun was eight months old and was making it hell for her grandparents, godparents and dad. Insun was constantly sleeping but who could blame her.

 

"Got a date?" Mr. Jung asked, as he cradled Misun in his arms.

 

"If I wear a mask then I had be the only one, meaning people will know I'm princess but then again, we are revealing my identity on prom night." Yuri said thoughtfully.

 

"Yuri!" Mr. Jung said loudly.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Do you have a date?"

 

"Oh yeah, Yunho."

 

"But then, that kind of is odd if you two have been pointedly ignoring each other in school and then suddenly are dates." Jahoon said, as he handed a blanket to his dad who wrapped Misun in it.

 

"Yeah, we are going in separate limo to the place that's hosting our prom. We go inside and hang around with our crew. You know, myself, Tae, Su, Yunho, Jae, Fany, Changmin, Sica and them lot. Afterwards, when they award prom king and queen, Yunho gives a little speech and announces I'm princess." Yuri said.

 

"You two planned it all out, eh?" Mrs. Jung said, grinning.

 

"Of course. Now, where's my Yunnie?"

 

"In his bedroom, sleeping. He had Misun duty last night." Jahoon said.

 

"Hey, don't tired out my fiancé. You are the dad, you stay up. Yunho, stays up when he gets kids." Yuri said, grinning.

 

"I agree with her." Mr. Jung said, as he handed Misun to Jahoon, "Misun is your child, your mom and I went to hell and back raising you and Yunho."

 

Jahoon snorted, "And I was told grandparents love their grandchildren more then the kids' own parents."

 

Mrs. Jung giggled, "We do but we are tired."

 

Jahoon sighed, "The love I get." He murmured.

 

Yuri laughed as she went upstairs to find her fiancé sleeping peacefully on his bed.

 

She walked to his closet and saw her red long strapless empire waist prom dress hanging on the side of his closet. He had offered to keep it at his place until it was prom and Yuri agreed. She saw the red kelly and katie dorotha patent platform pumps and white glass pearl bead and crystal rhinestone jewelry set on the shelf above his closet. She sighed as she put her black satchel purse on his night stand and crawled into bed beside him.

 

She wrapped an arm around his bare torso and snuggled against him. He instantly put an arm around her waist and moved his body against hers.

 

"Yul." He murmured, as his breath tickled her cheek. Yuri smiled as she kissed his cheek. They were like that for a few moments before Misun started crying again, causing Yunho to wake up. He shook awake and saw his beloved fiancée in bed next to him. He laughed, "Hey beautiful."

 

"Hey. Tired?"

 

"Misun is one powerful baby. I swear she will be exactly like Insun when she grows up."

 

Yuri slapped him playfully, "Now, that's not a nice thing to say."

 

Yunho chuckled, "Let's see if you can calm her down." He said, as he threw on a dark gray black white adidas logo tee shirt. The couple walked downstairs to find a groggy Insun attending to her daughter.

 

"I guess you have to fix Misun next time." Yunho said softly, as Yuri hugged him.

 

It was now the night of prom. Yuri had her hair straightened and Taeyeon curled hers this time around. Taeyeon had a beautiful white/gold long beaded strapless sweetheart prom dress. The two girls were accompanying Junsu to limo number one while Yunho was taking some of their other friends in limo number two. Junsu drooled when he arrived at the Kwon residence. He couldn't believe he was with these two girls for an entire ride to prom.

 

"I can't take pictures?" Mrs. Kwon pouted.

 

Yuri laughed, "Take pictures when Yunnie and I come home."

 

"Ok." Mrs. Kwon said energetically, as she snapped pictures of Junsu and Taeyeon together. Finally, they were off, "How do you think Boa's holding up? She kept on shooting Yunnie death glares for the past few months." Yuri said.

 

Taeyeon and Junsu laughed, "Who cares? I find it funny that Boa is going with Jong Oppa to prom."

 

Yuri giggled, "True. Who do you think is winning prom queen this year?"

 

"It had better be you!" Junsu said, growling "If Yunho is prom king, he only needs his fiancée to be prom queen!" Yuri blushed, "Shut up Su Oppa!"

 

"And you better get your hand off my before I slap you on prom night." Taeyeon said dangerously, as Junsu withdrew his hand.

 

Yuri laughed, "Oppa." She shook her head.

 

They soon arrived and Junsu escorted both girls inside. Once inside, they found Yunho and the entire crew already on the dance floor, dancing. Yuri smiled as the three of them walked over to the crew.

 

"Yul." Tiffany grinned as she hugged her best friend.

 

"Hey Fany." Yuri smiled.

 

Boa bounded over with Jonghyun on her tail, "Hey there, Jung." She said rudely.

 

"Hi." Yunho said, making Boa smirked, "Haven't you got a date?"

 

"Oh yeah I do, princess." Yunho said casually.

 

"Where is she?" Boa asked, glaring at all the girls around Yunho.

 

"She's here. You will find out when she and I are announced prom king and queen."

 

"I'm prom queen, not her."

 

Yunho laughed, "Have you noticed, whoever is my date to prom is always queen? For our freshman year, it was you, for the years after that it was you since you were always my date. Tonight, it's princess's time to shine."

 

Yuri would have kissed him right then and there if they weren't keeping this secret thing up.

 

Boa glared at them all before leaving. Yunho and the other men laughed as the girls grinned at each other, "Dude." Jaejoong said, "The way you dumped Boa, classic."

 

Yunho laughed as Junsu slapped his back, "If only we were there."

 

Everybody laughed and started to dance around. Yuri and Yunho quietly shared some dances together before prom king and queen were announced.

 

"I guess this marks the end of another year. All of your examinations begin in 3 weeks and then after that, graduation."

 

Everybody cheered.

 

"Now, what we have all been waiting for, prom king and queen." The teacher said, and got two envelopes, two crowns and a staff. She opened the first envelope and laughed.

 

"Of course, our king is none other then Jung Yunho."

 

Everybody screamed, especially the girls of the school as Yunho walked up on stage, blowing kisses and smiling at them all. The teacher put the crown on his head and handed him his staff.

 

"And now, drum roll please." She said. All the students held their breath, knowing that Yunho dumped Boa so anybody could be queen.

 

"The prom queen for year 2005 is Kwon Yuri."

 

Boa screamed as everybody cheered. Yuri walked up on the stage, smiling as the teacher put the crown on her head. She stood beside Yunho, making them smiled at each other.

 

"And now, the yearly speech the king gives to his subjects." The teacher said, as Yunho walked up to the mic with Yuri behind him.

 

"I guess this is the last year that I'm your king." He said, making everybody booed, "Oh, come on. I have to go to university and study to get a good caree." He trailed off, and everybody laughed, catching onto his joke, "Smart." Yunho smiled at them all.

 

"Now, the moment we have all been waiting for since winter fest."

 

Everybody shrieked and jumped as Yunho laughed, "She's not wearing a mask today."

 

Everybody quieted down and looked around.

 

"But before I get to that, I want to congratulate Kwon Yuri on becoming prom queen this year. Congratulations." He smirked at her and she winked at him.

 

"And now, I want to say something else before I get to the identity of my princess. I broke up with Boa, as you all know and I have hooked up with princess."

 

Everybody roared in acceptance.

 

"But another thing, princess and I." He trailed off, and everybody quieted down, "Are engaged."

 

Everybody was quiet for a split second before drowning in cheers. Yunho could see his friends cluing into Yuri's fiancé and his princess.

 

"And time for the moment of truth!" He roared.

 

"Now!" The crowd screamed.

 

"My princess is none other than my fiancée, my beloved, my one and only, prom queen, Kwon Yuri!"