Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

Chapter 3

 

Yuri smiled at him secretly as they started writing down everything they needed for this mini project.

 

Later that day, an announcement was made that there will be tryouts for the archery team after school at three, tryouts for cheerleading at four and tryouts for the soccer team at five.

 

Yuri was walking towards children's grand park since Yunho had told her that he would take her out to eat. Once she got there, she sat down on one of the swing, smiling at all the memories of her and Yunho.

 

'Wow, and to think I started having feelings for him since I was fourteen.' Yuri thought, as she stared up at the sky.

 

"Hi, dad." She murmured, thinking of her dad, "You ok up there? I really miss you." Yuri whispered softly, as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

 

Her dad had died when she was three and it's been fifteen years exactly. He had died during June when they were driving home from the beach. Mrs. Kwon and Yuri were injured very badly but Mr. Kwon, Kwon Haejin, didn't make it.

 

Suddenly, Yuri heard a car honking and looked towards the parking lot to see Yunho's porsche panamera car. Smiling, Yuri waved at him before wiping her tears away. She grabbed her backpack and ran towards his car. Once she got inside, she immeditately hugged him.

 

"Hi Yunnie Oppa." She said, grinning.

 

"Hey princess." Yunho said, and examined her eyes, "Have you been crying Yul?"

 

Yuri gasped and shook her head, a bit too fast.

 

"You have. I can tell Yul. I grew up with you."

 

Yuri sighed, "Yeah, alright. Nothing can fool you, Yunho Oppa. I was just thinking of my dad."

 

Yunho smiled sadly before pulling Yuri into his arms, hugging her tightly. Before he pulled back, he placed a kiss on her forehead.

 

"Well then, that's a reasonable answer. I swear, if Jonghyun or Jae did something to you, they will regret it."

 

Yuri giggled, "Aw, my personal bodyguard. Of course they didn't."

 

"Good. If they did, I swear I would kill them."

 

Yuri snorted, "You would really risk our reputation?"

 

"For your safety, I would risk my life, princess."

 

"Aw, don't go sentimental on me, Yunnie Oppa." Yuri said, pulling his hair.

 

"Sentimental? Right, princess."

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, "You are such a prick."

 

"And you are not?" Yunho countered, grinning.

 

Yuri laughed, "So, where are we eating Oppa?"

 

"Hoonie and Insun booked a restaurant for a private party. We are going there."

 

"Cool but in our school uniform?"

 

Yunho shrugged, "No biggy."

 

Yuri nodded, "Hey, Yunnie Oppa. I was thinking of trying out for cheerleading."

 

Surprised, Yunho shot a glance at Yuri, "Really? Boa was talking about trying out for archery."

 

Yuri laughed, "Her? The little miss that cries over a broken nail?"

 

Yunho shook his head, "Come on Yul, I don't let her bad talk you, you can't either."

 

Hearing what Yunho said, Yuri shot a glare towards him, "You don't let her bad mouth me, eh? Then how come this morning I heard her call me a ugly fat who sleeps with guys because they pay me? And what did you do?" "I...uh, wasn't listening."

 

Seeing that Yunho had stopped at a red light, Yuri quickly unfastened her seat belt, "Bull, you knew! Your girlfriend can insult me but I can't? Nice knowing you Oppa." And with that, she opened the door and walked out, "! Get back here! We are an hour away from school!"

 

"I don't care!" Yuri yelled back, as she ran to the sidewalk.

 

"!" Yunho growled, as he did a complete u-turn and drove up beside Yuri.

 

Opening her backpack, she took out a juice box and started slurping. Once Yunho was driving beside her, he slowed down and rolled down his window, "Princess."

 

"Don't with me!" Yuri hissed, as she detoured into the park, leaving Yunho helpless.

 

He just couldn't very well jump out of the car and run to her, not when he's a famous singer.

 

He ripped out his phone and speed dialed Yuri's number.

 

Knowing who it was, she picked it up and growled, "Leave me the hell alone!"

 

"But princess." Yunho started, however, Yuri hung up on him.

 

"Dammit!" Yunho roared, as he dialed Jaehoon's number.

 

"Jung." Jahoon said, as he picked up.

 

"Yul just dumped me in the middle of the street. She's walking back to school and I don't know what the hell to do!"

 

Jahoon sighed, "Ok, fine, Insu and I will eat up and whatever. I will tell Jaehwa to pick Yuri up."

 

"Thank you." Yunho said, sighing before hanging up.

 

'Bull, you knew! Your girlfriend can insult me but I can't? Nice knowing you Oppa.'

 

That phrase kept ringing in Yunho's head.

 

'Why...Damnit!' He thought angrily.

 

Kicking a pebble by her feet, Yuri continued to walk towards SM High.

 

"I can't talk about that but she can?! Some friend!" Yuri snorted. Suddenly, she saw the Jung's driver walking her way.

 

"Hi Jaehwa." Yuri murmured.

 

"Miss Yuri, Mr. Jahoon called me to pick you up."

 

Yuri frowned, "Did his brother tell him?" She asked, not wanting to uses Yunho's name.

 

Jaehwa nodded, making Yuri groaned, "Guess I can't let this transportation go to waste. It's a long way back to school." Jaehwa nodded as he and Yuri walked back to the car. Opening the back door for her, Yuri got in and fastened her seat belt. Once Jaehwa got into the driver side, he took off.

 

"Jaehwa, drop me off at children's grand park. I usually walk from there."

 

Jaehwa nodded.

 

After half an hour drive, Jaehwa arrived at children's grand park. Yuri smiled, "Thank you Jaehwa."

 

Jaehwa nodded, "Farewell Miss Yuri."

 

Yuri got out of the car, shut the door and started walking to school. Halfway there, Yuri heard that god damned honking sound from behind her.

 

Turning around, Yuri saw Yunho's car.

 

She glared at him and started to speed walked back to school.

 

Yunho, however, had something else planned. He actually got out of the car and ran towards Yuri until he stopped in front of her, making her stopped.

 

"What?" She snorted.

 

"Get in the car."

 

" you! Go to your pretty Boa." Yuri said, as she tried to walked past him. Instead, he grabbed her around the waist, put her over his broad shoulder like a sack of potato and started to walk further into the park.

 

Yuri yelled, "You idiot! Somebody will see!"

 

Yunho laughed, "Oh no, they won't. In case you haven't noticed, we are inside the park and it's completely deserted."

 

"I hate you!" Yuri grumbled, as Yunho set her down on the swing.

 

"I love you, too. Now, why the hell did you get out of the car for?"

 

"I don't know! Just didn't want to be around you!" Yuri hissed.

 

"Because Boa badmouthed you and I didn't say anything?"

 

"Duh. I thought that's what best friends did. Stick up for each other."

 

"So what am I supposed to say? Oh Boa, don't say anything about Yul, she's my best friend." Yunho scoffed.

 

"You idiot! ing switch the subject! Now, I want to go back to school and get some food! I'm hungry!" Yuri grumbled, before shoving Yunho out of the way and ran back to school.

 

Yunho sighed as he ran his long, slim fingers through his hair, 'I hate all this confusion.'

 

Math class that day went by quickly and quietly. Yuri sat beside Junsu like always while Yunho sat behind her grumpily.

 

"So Yuri, how's Tae? I haven't seen her lately." Junsu said.

 

Yuri shrugged, "She's still the same but I thought you and Tae had first spare and second lunch."

 

Junsu nodded, "Yeah, but Tae usually goes home and I go rounding the 'Hood with Hakkun'."

 

Yuri laughed, "Oh, really?"

 

Junsu grinned, "Duh, really."

 

Suddenly, the phone rang as Mr. Tae got up to pick it up.

 

"Hello? Yes. Jinki? Ok."

 

Once he was done, Mr. Tae hung up the phone and turned towards the class, "Class, we have a new student joining our math class today. Lee Jinki."

 

A five feet boy walked into the class. His short blonde hair shading his brown, almond-shaped eyes. He had long fingers and legs and had a well-built body but not as great as Yunho's.

 

Yuri's eyes widened as she quickly looked back at Yunho who sent her a glance.

 

'Onew.' They both thought.

 

Mr. Tae nodded, "Alright Jinki, you may sit in front of Yuri."

 

Yuri's eyes widened even more, if possible, as she raised her hand to show 'Jinki' where she was. Jinki smirked as he bowed to the class and started walking towards Yuri. Just before he sat down, he smiled.

 

"Nice to see you again, dear Yuri."

 

Yuri shot him a glare, "Don't you dare 'Dear Yuri' me, you !"

 

Jinki laughed slightly, "Really? Do you want." Jinki said, and sent a lazy gaze towards Yunho, "Your secret out?" "Shut up Onew!" Yunho snarled.

 

Jinki shrugged, "Alright." And with that, he sat down, not before shooting a gaze at Yuri.

 

Yuri moaned as she sunk lower into her seat. Junsu turned to looked at Yuri who just shook her head, 'It's nothing.' She mouthed.

 

Junsu frowned and decided to ask later.

 

When Math ended, Yuri and Yunho rushed out to leave for Science.

 

"Your house." Yunho whispered, as he wrapped an arm around Boa who bounded his way.

 

'But I'm still mad at you.' Yuri thought, as she walked in and found Taeyeon.

 

"Tae." Yuri said urgently.

 

"Yeah?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Onew...math class."

 

Taeyeon's big, brown, semi-circle eyes widened, "Say what? You mean the same Onew you told me about?"

 

Yuri nodded as she gulped.

 

"The same Onew from Gyeonggi Yul? The one who...you know, went out with you?" Taeyeon asked, as her voice started dying.

 

Yuri let out a light sob as she nodded before laying her head down on her desk.

 

'Onew Lee Jinki. You bastard! You tried to drug Yul and take advantage of her five years ago, you stupid pig! You are the causes why Yul, Hyukjun and aunt Yura moved to Seoul and now you suddenly come back? I can't wait until I meet you. I will show you what a true friend does to a er like you!' Taeyeon thought, as she rubbed Yuri's back.

 

"What's wrong with her Yun Oppa?" Boa asked, as she poked Yunho's belly.

 

Yunho shrugged, even though his blood was boiling from the inside, 'Onew, you bastard!'

 

Science class went by quickly as Yuri rushed out to the gymnasium. The archery tryouts were in half an hour and Yuri needed to give a pep talk to those archery members from last year. She ran into the gym to find the soccer team at the far end of the gym and the cheerleading team in the middle. Yuri rushed to the bleachers to find her archery team with their quivers and bows.

 

"Hi guys. Long time no see." Yuri said, waving to her group.

 

"Hey Yuri." They said, waving back.

 

"I hope your summer was great and especially practicing was efficient. We have eight members, including myself but we need a total of thirteen members to enter the archery league. Our other group members graduated and a few of them dropped out of the team, leaving us. So, we need to find the five perfect archest."

 

"But Yul, what if we can't find five archers?" Tiffany piped up.

 

"Well, we need a maximum of thirteen members to enter the archery league but if we have eight, we are ok. So, we need five more members at the least."

 

Everybody nodded.

 

"Ok, great. Set up gym C with our targets and blunt arrows. Get beginner and intermediate bows and leave the expert bows in the back of us. Close the dividers in the gym and call in everybody who wants to become an archer." Yuri said, as she threw a pair of gym office keys to Jessica who rushed with her brother to get the bow and arrows. Kim Hyunki and Kim Hyunshik, twin brother and cousin to Jaejoong, went out to talk to the archers who came in. Finally at three, the tryouts began.

 

"Ok, first off, we have Lee Jinsook?" Yuri gasped, as her old friend, younger sister to Onew walked in. She bowed at Yuri and sent her a wink before picking up the intermediate bow and pulled back and arrow.

 

"Ok...um, Jinsook. I need you to try and hit the blue target." Yuri said, as calmly as possible.

 

Jinsook let go of her arrow and it hit the blue target. Yuri nodded, "Now, yellow target."

 

Jinsook let go of the arrow and it hit the yellow target.

 

"Now, try the bulls eye." Yuri said.

 

Jinsook let go of the arrow and it hit bulls eye. Jotting down some notes, Yuri said, "Ok, you can go and sit on the bleachers. Next, Lee Jooeun?"

 

Yuri was shocked again. She thought Onew was the only one who came to Seoul but to bring his sister in the eleventh grade, Jinsook and his youngest sister who's in the nineth grade, Jooeun? That's awfully weird. Onew was known to hate his sisters and leave them alone with a lot of money after their parents died.

 

Jooeun came in and did the same thing that Jinsook did before Yuri told her to sit on the bleachers.

 

"Up next, Jung Sanghee." Yuri said, as a freshman walked in and picked up the beginner bow. She did the same thing Jooeun and Jinsook did.

 

Finally, after thirteen people came and went, was the fourteen person.

 

"Boa Kwon." Yuri said, with utter disgusts and her best friends' girlfriend walked in.

 

Boa walked in, shot a glare at Yuri and picked up the intermediate bow. Yuri was surprised when she did that, "Ok, blue target." Yuri said. Boa did hit the blue target.

 

"Yellow target." Yuri said. Boa did that as well.

 

"Bulls eye."

 

Boa hit for bulls eye but missed by a hair width.

 

Yuri nodded and jotted down some notes.

 

"On the bleachers. We will be with you in five minutes."

 

Yuri and the other members gathered around and started the discussion. Finally, after five minutes, they walked back to the bleachers and started talking.

 

"Alright, all of you were great but this year, we want to go to the top of the archery league. Last year, we placed third over all but this time, we want the home trophy. We have five members chosen and we will announce them now as well as post them up tomorrow morning on the archery bulletin board." Yuri said.

 

"Alright, now for names. Fany." Yuri said, and handed the sheet to Tiffany.

 

"Lee Jinsook, Lee Jooeun, Jung Sanghee, Choi Sulli and finally, Boa Kwon. Thanks to the others who didn't get chosen for trying out." Tiffany said, as all the current members exited through the north gate.

 

The people who were in the tryouts slumped out, exception for those who are the new members.

 

'Did Yuri just allow me to be in the archery team?' Boa thought, amused.

 

'Yun Oppa so has to know.' She jumped off towards him who was in the middle gym.

 

Yuri sighed as she started to walk towards children's grand park. She was going to walk home today and it was half an hour walk home since Yunho was going to drop off Boa.

 

'Boa's a good archer. No matter how much I didn't to chooses her, she will help us.'

 

"Yuri." Came a feminine voice. Yuri turned around to find Jinsook and Jooeun running her way.

 

"Hey guys." Yuri said, smiling.

 

"Hey." Jinsook said, as she embraced Yuri. Yuri hugged her back. Then Jooeun hugged her.

 

"How's life?" Yuri asked.

 

Jinsook shrugged, "Onew Oppa stopped being a bastard after you moved away. Then I think last month he figured out where you were based on Yunho Oppa's proclamation of 'His princess' and here we are."

 

Yuri moaned, "Leave it to Yunnie Oppa."

 

Jooeun giggled, "Yeah well, we didn't tell anybody about you two and neither did Onew Oppa."

 

Yuri sighed, "That's good but why?"

 

"What's a blackmail good for when everybody knows?" Jinsook said in an angry tone.

 

"Your brother is such an ! You know what? I think I will move to China with Junsu Oppa." Yuri said.

 

"Then Yunho Oppa will be lonely." Jooeun said.

 

"He has Boa." Yuri muttered.

 

"Does he?" Said a masculine voice. Jooeun and Jinsook smiled as Yuri turned around to find Yunho standing there.

 

"Well, yeah. Yunho Oppa would still have Boa and he would have a joyous time hearing her badmouth Yuri. So, all Yuri has to do is go with Junsu Oppa and aunt Micha when they go to China during the winter break." Yuri said in third person view.

 

Yunho sighed, "Dammit Yul! I'm really sorry. I wasn't paying attention to Boa this morning. I was more worried about you walking to school."

 

Yuri frowned, "Some excuses."

 

"! What do you want me to do?"

 

"Get on your knees and the floor." Yuri said, grinning.

 

Yunho sent a look at Jinsook and Jooeun before saying, "The things I do for love." And he did exactly what Yuri said, making her laughed, "Alright Yunnie Oppa, it's good."

 

"Thank god. Now, why is Onew here?" He said, turning to face Jinsook and Jooeun.

 

Jinsook and Jooeun have always been on Yuri and Yunho's side. Onew, one time, found Yunho and Yuri talking in a dark alley right after his date with Yuri and forced himself on her that night. Ever since Onew had found out, he would always blackmailed those two.

 

Yunho's family moved to Seoul the following month and it was Jinsook and Jooeun who helped Yuri who then moved to Seoul eight months later.

 

Jinsook sighed, "He wants what he couldn't get five years ago. According to his self muttering."

 

Yunho cracked his knuckles, "If that ugly rabbit puts a single finger on Yul, I swear on all that's holy, he will live to be my ing shoe shiner!"

 

Jooeun laughed, "How I missed Yunho Oppa's threats."

 

"So, did you two tell anybody about your knowledge of Yunho Oppa?" Yuri asked.

 

Jinsook shook her head, "It really wouldn't be the truth exactly. We hardly knew Yunho Oppa back then so we couldn't brag."

 

Yuri smiled, "You guys were always the best."

 

Jooeun grinned, "We know. Now, we have to go home or else Onew Oppa will find out we talked to you."

 

Yuri nodded, hug the two girls before they ran back to the school.

 

Once Jinsook and Jooeun were out of sight, Yuri turned to face Yunho and asked, "Done with tryouts?"

 

He nodded.

 

"Fine, let's go to your place."

 

"Don't you want to try out for cheerleading?"

 

"Boa's already on archery team. I don't think I can stand her in cheerleading. Anyway, we need to talk about Onew. Tell Jaehwa to pick me up at children's grand park." Yuri whispered, and walked towards the park.

 

Yunho took out his phone, called Jaehwa and told him what to do and got into his own car to drive home, thinking 'Onew, you bastard from hell, I swear you will die!'