Acting Class

When the Rebel Meets the Brat

 

 

The students are waiting for their teacher. 

“Hyoyeon ah, the finger is wrong, do like this.”, Yuri demonstrated the right position of fingers in doing the F chord in the guitar.

“Ahh. Arraseo.”, Hyoyeon said as she corrected her fingers.

“A minor, F, C, G. am I right?”, Hyoyeon asked as she strum the guitar chords.

“Neh. Paksu! (Clap!)”, Yuri said as she claps.

“Yah, Hyoyeon’s not a kid lahhh.”, Yoona said as she gives Yuri’s head a tap.

“Appo! (It hurts!)”, Yuri said.

“Aish. Enough! Let’s just sing”, Hyoyeon said.

“Okay.”, Yuri and Yoona said.

They are singing Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift.

 

 

Drop everything now

Meet me in the pouring rain

Kiss me on the sidewalk

Take away the pain

‘Cause I see sparks fly

Whenever you smile

Get me with those green eyes, baby

As the lights go down

Give me something that will haunt me

When you’re not around

‘Cause I see sparks fly

Whenever you smile

 

 

They sang it harmoniously. Too bad, it’s still just the three of them in the room. They finished their lunch early so they went to their room and practice singing and playing the guitar.

A few minutes later, their other classmates came.

“Hey rebel.”, Sehun cooed.

‘What is he up to?’, Hyoyeon asked herself.

“Neh, jagiya?”, Hyoyeon faked her smile, reminding Sehun to call her jagiya anytime, anywhere.

“Oops, sorry ja.gi.ya. Why are you not there at the canteen? James is there”, Sehun said as he sit at the empty chair beside Hyoyeon. His seat is at the front, while Hyoyeon and the girls are at the back, due to alphabetical arrangement.

“We like to eat at the plaza. Wae?”, Hyoyeon asked.

“Here. I was about to give this to you.”, Sehun handed a bottle with pale liquid, with pulps visible in it.

“Wait”, Hyoyeon gets the transparent bottle and smelled it, “Lemonade?! For me?”, Hyoyeon asked excitedly.

“Y..yeah.”, Sehun is so happy to see her reaction like that that he stuttered.

“You made this for me?”, Hyoyeon asked.

“Of course…not. Our maid did. Tss.”, Sehun needs to act tough or else he will be busted that he likes Hyoyeon already. But the truth is, he really made it for Hyoyeon.

“Still…thank you jagiya!”, Hyoyeon said as she hugs Sehun in a side manner.

Sehun slightly blushed at the sudden contact. He can feel her smooth skin.

“Ayiiie. The brat’s no longer a brat.”, Yuri said.

“And they are such a cute couple!”, Yoona exclaimed.

Hyoyeon is happy that they are not teasing Sehun by saying he’s a brat anymore. So instead of feeling shy, she smiled whole-heartedly.

Sehun stood up and rolled his eyes for Yuri and Yoona. He went back to his seat.

“Hahaha! He rolled his eyes for us, but not for Hyoyeon. Because she’s his girlfriend and she’s special! Ayiiee”, Yuri teased.

“Yahh. Enough.”, Hyoyeon said as she blushed. It already affects her because they keep on talking about it.

“Goodafternoon class!”, Ms. Sooyoung, their teacher for their acting class, said.

“Goodafternoon Ms. Sooyoung!”, the students greeted.

“Okay, for today, we will take scenes from the popular television drama Let’s Fight Ghost. Are you all prepared?”

“Neh.”, the students responded.

“Have you memorized the lines?”, Ms. Sooyoung asked.

“Neh.”, the students said.

“Very good. Let’s start! For scene one… May I have Park Chanyeol…and Kim Hyoyeon. Please move here at the front please.”, Ms. Sooyoung said.

Sehun frowned at the sight of the two in front. He wished he was at Chanyeol’s place.

Why him? Why not me? Tss.’, Sehun thought.

“Bestfriend!”, Chanyeol yelled as he asks for a high five.

“Haha! Goodluck!”, Hyoyeon laughed as she gave Chanyeol a high five.

Hyoyeon is excited. Acting is really her passion. She’s a bit disappointed since Let’s Fight Ghost was the chosen drama to be reenacted, and not Pinocchio, her favorite drama since her favorite actress, Park Shin Hye, is the female lead there.

 

 

Conversation of Bong Pal and Hyun Ji(a ghost) : (Courtesy of the real drama Let’s Fight Ghost Episode 11)

 

 

Hyoyeon and Chanyeol imitates the action of the actors in the drama.

“In three, two, one, action!”, Ms. Sooyoung said.

“Hyun Ji!”, Chanyeol found Hyoyeon sitting in a chair.

“Bong Pal ah.”, Hyoyeon said as she hurriedly stood up and disappeared.

“Hyun Ji ah.”, Chanyeol found her again, this time, holding her arms to prevent her from running.

“Let go of me.”, Hyoyeon shrugged his hands off.

“O di ga? (Where are you going?) I’ve been looking for you everywhere.”, Chanyeol held Hyoyeon again.

“Let go of me!”, Hyoyeon forcibly took Chanyeol’s hands off her.

“Is it because of Monk Myung Cheol?”, Chanyeol asked.

Hyoyeon looks at him.

“I told you not to care about what he said.”, Chanyeol said.

Hyoeyon is still looking at him.

“Let’s go home.”, Chanyeol said as he gets Hyoyeon’s hands and about to go.

“Let go of me!”, Hyoyeon once again shrugged Chanyeol’s hands.

“I’m not leaving because of Monk Myung Cheol. I was going to leave anyway.”, she said, tears are starting to form in her eyes.

“Mau? (What?)Why?”, he asked.

“Don’t you know why? Don’t you think it will work out for us?”, she asked. Tears started to flow on her face.

The students are immersed in their acting. They are mamazed at Hyoyeon’s acting skills.

“I said I don’t care.”, he said angrily.

“I do.”, Hyoyeon said, “ I decided to stay with you because I wanted to ascend. I forgot about that for a while. We live in different worlds.”

“Doesn’t… the time we spent together…meant anything to you? Can you leave it behind easily?”, Chanyeol asked as his tears fell down his face.

“Do you think a ghost can live happily among humans? You’re the only one who can see me in this whole world. I don’t want to live a lonely life just to be with you. What I want is to find my memories and ascend. It only makes me lonely… to be with you.”, Hyoyeon said, still crying.

“Do you.. mean that?”, he asked with a shaky voice.

“Yes. I do.”, she said sternly.

“You’re not happy with me?”, Chanyeol asked while his voice broke.

“No.”, she said.

“Fine. I get it.”, Chanyeol said as he turn his back and go away.

Hyoyeon looked at Chanyeol’s back longingly, crying.

 

 

“And Cut!”, Ms. Sooyoung said, “Great job Chanyeol and Hyoyeon ah!”, she praised.

 

Everyone applauded.

“Wooh! Nice one Hyoyeon and Chanyeol!”, Baekhyun cheered.

“Nice one!”, Suho yelled.

“Wooooh!”, Yuri and Yoona yelled and clapped.

Sehun can’t contain his smile because of being amazed at Hyoyeon’s acting skills every single time.

“Yah Yeolsal. You’re so good!”, Chanyeol said.

“You too Channie. Hehe.”, Hyoyeon said.

The next line up of pairs proceeded.