Victory

When the Rebel Meets the Brat

“Eonnieee!”, Hyoyeon cried over the phone.

“Neh yeolsal?”, Boa asked worriedly.

“Okay”, Hyoyeon took a deep breath, “we have to pretend we’re a couple”, she finished.

“Pretend with whom? Don’t tell me this is about James again?”, Boa doubted.

“First, I have to pretend that me and Sehun are a couple and second, yes this is about James. So that he would leave me alone already! And you know what’s the worst eonnie? We have to do it for freaking two months!”, Hyoyeon explained.

“What?!”, Boa exaclaimed, “Well…All I have to say is… Goodluck!”

“Eonnie no! Tell me something helpful like you always do.”, Hyoyeon complained.

“Haha”, Boa chuckled. “Alright. Just make sure James won’t find out about it. If I were you I won’t talk about ‘pretend’ anytime anywhere. Just do it naturally with Sehun. Enjoy his company and remember? This is a great opportunity for your plan in making the brat back to being a ‘not a brat’ mode. Right?”

“Right. Gomauwo eonnie.”

“Sure! Goodnight! Mwah!”

“Goodnight eonnie, mwah!”, Hyoyeon clicked the red button and placed her cellphone on the table beside her bed.

 

 


 

 

Today is the second and last day of the exhibit.

 

“Yoona ah! Hoyeon ah!”, Yuri who’s wearing a white polo tied into half, exposing her abs, and maong shorts, ran into the two girls and called.

“We know everybody loves pizza but our pizza booth is not crowded as your chocolate booth does everytime.”, Yuri complained and frowned.

“That’s too bad to hear.”, Hyoyeon said as she fix the balloons over their booth.

“You know what Yuri ah, that’s why we’re here. We have to endorse our booths through our beauty.”, Yoona said as she flips her hair.

“I know right! But we’re doing our best! How can we attract more customers? Huhu..”, Yuri fake-cried.

“Maybe we’re just really good in endorsing, right Hyoyeonnie? Hey Yuri ah, this is also a contest. So, booths over friends first haha.”, Yoona teased.

“Arraseo! Hmp.”, Yuri rolled her eyes and turned back.

“Goodluck Yuri ah!”, Hyoyeon yelled as the other girl run back to their pizza booth.

 

Few minutes later, Sehun, Chanyeol, along with Luhan, Chorong, James, and Hyuna came. After setting their booth up and making sure everything is fine, the first flock of students of the day came to the chocolate booth. The performance and arts pairs lined up, preparing for their ultimate welcome for the customers, making the latter more attracted to the booth and products.

 

“Welcome to… Choco choco booth! Chu chu!~”,  Hyoyeon, Yoona, Sehun, and Chanyeol cheerfully said as they raise their arms and shaking their hands presenting their products.

“Here at our left side, is a whitey white chocolate fountain!”, Hyoyeon said with a big smile and stepped forward.

“In the middle, is berry berry strawberry choco fountain!”, Yoona said as she also step forward.

“And finally at the right most, is the yummy yummy dark chocolate fountain!”, Chanyeol also said as he step forward.

“Please feel free to choose the best dip to different mallows, bread, and fruits in front of you!”, Sehun said as he present the mallows, bread, and fruits in sticks.

“Thank you!”, all of them said with big smiles on their faces.

 

“Wow! Everything smells good!”, one student said.

“Yeah right! I’ll definitely buy. “, another student said.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona noticed James who’s busy assisting the other business majors in accommodating the customers, consistently looking at Hyoyeon and then in the direction of Sehun.

 

“Yah! Yah!”, Yoona whispered to Hyoyeon as she motioned the latter to come near her.

 

“Wae?”, Hyoyeon asked as she tilt her head at one side.

 

“James has been eyeing you and Sehun since a while ago..”, Yoona said, pulling Hyoyeon closer to her.

 

“Really? Ottoke (What should I do)?”, Hyoyeon asked panicking. 

“Tell it to Sehun”, Yoona said firmly.

“Arraseo.”, Hyoyeon agreed.

“Sehun ah! Jagiya!”, Hyoyeon called.

 

Luckily, only one student heard. Why lucky? Because for sure if everyone in the booth knew that Sehun and Hyoyeon are a couple, it will be known to the whole school. And Hyoyeon doesn’t want that. But it doesn’t erase the possibility it will be known soon since a student heard it.

 

James heard Hyoyeon calling Sehun a jagiya (darling) and it pisses him off. 

 

‘Me?’, Sehun asked himself. He realized what’s going on.

 

“Neh jagiya?”, Sehun asked with gritted teeth and slightly bigger eyes because it is the first time he heard Hyoyeon say that, worried it will be heard by the busy students in the booth.

 

Hyoyeon held Sehun’s hands and looked at him lovingly. James saw this and he walked out of the booth.

 

“Yah! James! Where are you going?”, Luhan asked.

James didn’t reply and went off.

 

“Hayyy.”, Hyoyeon sighed since she saw James walked out of the booth and so she let go of Sehun’s hands.

 

“ So what?”, Sehun asked, as he place his hands in his pockets.

 

“James has been eyeing us since a while ago. Let’s just continue being a couple without having said it as pretend, since it’s dangerous he might hear it. We’re a couple anytime, anywhere. Besides it’s for just two months only. Alright?”, Hyoyeon said as she fix the mickey mouse headband on Sehun’s  head.

 

“Alright.”, Sehun said as he shows his genuine smile. He finds Hyoyeon cute for being worried plus her outfit and that headband suits her well. While she is explaining, he looks at her eyes then at her lips alternately. 

 

Hyoyeon is about to go the other way when she tripped off a rock. Everything went slow motion and Sehun catches her on her waist. Everything around between the two became blurred. Their eyes became shaky, as Sehun looks at her side to side. Hyoyeon was more than shocked. She can’t believe this is happening.

 

‘So beautiful’, Sehun thought.

 

“Ahem ahem.”, Chanyeol said as she eyes the two.

 

The two stood up straight and fixed their outfits. Sehun scratches his head.

 

“Are you okay Kim yeolsal?”, Chanyeol asked worriedly.

“Yes I’m okay Channie.”, Hyoyeon said awkwardly. She can’t hide her blushing face.

 

‘Ottoke. They might see I’m blushing’, Hyoeyon thought as she covers her face.

 

They went on their jobs in entertaining their customers. As the day comes to an end…

 

“Okay everyone please listen.”, Lee Sooman, the principal said.

“I’ll be announcing the winner for this exhibit.”

 

Everyone cooed. 

 

The students of each booth are now gathered in the plaza.

 

“With a total earning of  $1 000 dollars. 2nd runner up, is the Pizza booth!”, Lee Sooman said.

 

“Woooooh! We atleast won a place. Yes!”, Yuri exclaimed.

 

“Congrats Yuri ah.”, Hyoyeon said.

 

“Congrats.”, Yoona said.

 

“Thanks.”, Yuri said.

 

“For the 1st runner up with $1350 dollars… Dumplings  booth!”

 

The team of the dumplings booth cheered.

 

“And lastly, for the champion with a total of $2100 dollars…. Chocolate booth! Congratulations to the winners!”, Lee Sooman finished. The faculty members gave the trophies  to the winners.

 

“Yehey!”, the chocolate team cheered.

 

It was tough but it is worth it. The winners thought.