Waking Up

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bright, white lights.

That was the first thing Tiffany Hwang saw when she woke up. She squinted her eyes and covered them with her hand to shield them from the stinging light. As her eyes adjusted to the light she looked around; she was in what looked like a hospital ward but it didn’t look like a regular one with IV’s and heart monitors. In face it was quite empty apart from the people in beds.

An old woman walked gracefully towards her and handed her some water.

“You’re finally awake now. Are you alright?” Tiffany nodded as she took the water and drank it gratefully.

“I-I think so.” She replied quietly.

“Can you walk?” She asked gently. Tiffany nodded again “Come walk with me then. I will show you around.” She started to walk off leaving Tiffany to scramble up out of the bed and catch up with her. The old woman led her out of the room and into a large corridor. There were students there; none looked quite old but some wore serious looks on their faces that would not usually appear until much later in life.

“Where am I?” Tiffany asked as they walked along.

“You are at Elements Academy. It is not a very well known school apart from a few selected people. I am the headmistress.” The old woman explained.

“Aah this looks likes a very nice school ahjumma.” Tiffany said truthfully; the light pouring in from the windows lit up the hallways beautifully.

“It’s seongsaenim to you Tiffany Hwang not ahjumma.” She said suddenly. Tiffany stopped dead in her tracks.

“Seongsaenim? But I don’t come here; I haven’t heard of this place so I haven’t applied!” She said confused.

“Your name has been on our list for a while Miss Hwang. We were just waiting for the right time.”

“The right time? What do you mean?” Tiffany asked.

“I’ll explain in a short while. Maybe first you’d like to have a look at our lessons. We have all the subjects available that you’d want as well as... some others.” Tiffany was confused as she showed her around the classrooms. They came to a stop at a large hall; it looked like a regular P.E. class. There were students sat high on stands while there were 2 guys outside of it. One of the students looked petrified of the other and it was easy to see why. One was very muscular and quite well built while the other looked quite weedy. They stood at opposite ends of the hall and faced each other.

The muscular boy seemed to block everything out from the surroundings. He closed his eyes for a while and stood completely still. When he opened them his whole arms caught alight with fire. Tiffany jumped back in shock and stared at the headmistress who wore a slight smile on her face. Tiffany turned back to the hall where the muscular boy was advancing towards the other; who was trying to back away. The fire boy punched at thin air and a sudden ball of fire launched the weedy kid who ducked out of the way.

The weedy kid tried to do the same thing as the muscular and punched in the air randomly. The most he produced was a small wisp of fire that died almost after it had been released from the boy’s hand. He looked shocked and tried to fight the other boy who picked him up by the collar and tossed him in the air. The weedy kid flew into the air while the one on the ground produced long lines of fire that wrapped around the kid and held him in place while he struggled against them.

The boy on the floor screamed loudly and in doing so set his whole body on fire. He rose up in the air as if the fire was carrying him. He started to collect all the fire and made it into one huge ball. He spun his body around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter