Unknown

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany Hwang was an ordinary girl trying to live her life. But she had no-one to live it with. Her parents had left her when she was a baby to be brought up by the filthiest people on the planet. They used and abused her; the marks etched on her body. She took no notice of them now; for all she cared she could have been born with them.

She was a loner; walking in and out of the haven that was her school every day without people noticing her. But she noticed everyone and everything. She knew every secret of her school that not even the ancient head teacher knew about. She was different to everyone but she always thought it was because she had no friends.

Little did she know it was something else entirely...

She came inside to hell-hole that was her home and was instantly greeted by a drunken man. She didn’t bother with his name, just like he never bothered to learn hers.

“What are you doing here?” He shouted; Tiffany almost cringed at the strength of the alcohol reeking from his mouth.

“I live here.” She said coldly walking past him to her poor excuse of a room. She stepped quickly inside and bolted the door. Checking to see if no-one was around she picked out a tile from the floor to reveal a large amount of cash. She quickly counted and allowed herself a small smile. She could run away soon. She could live her life as she wanted to live it. She looked in her wardrobe and found a stash of letters in there.

They were from her parents. Even though they left her; they sent cheques every month so that she could have a good life. She cashed them in as soon as they arrived to prevent her adoptive ‘parents’ from finding out what they were and taking it from her. She decided to get her bags ready. All her possessions fit into a small backpack; all her clothes, letters and money. She left the bag behind the door.

There was a loud bang on the door and Tiffany quickly closed the wardrobe and placed the tile back over the now empty hole. She opened the door a little and asked:

“What is it?” The stench of alcohol made her eyes water.

“Why did you lock your door?”

“I was getting changed.” She said coldly.

“Fine, go make me something to eat.” Tiffany scoffed and said:

“Go make it yourself.” She said. He reached through and grabbed the long black hair at the top of her skull and dragged her to the kitchen. The hair stung and stretched her skin as he threw her down and shouted:

“Make me something to eat!” She scrambled up from the floor and looked in the fridge and cupboards but there was nothing but beer cans.

“There’s no food in the house; I need to go get some.”

“Go get some then!” The man rudely.

“I need money to get it; I don’t have any.” He threw his wallet at me and she caught it before it hit her face. Tiffany opened the purse and was shocked; how does this guy, who she had never seen do one bit of work in his life, have this much money? He had bank cards with the pin number stuck onto them so she decided: now is the time to run away.

Tiffany snuck back into her room and grabbed the bag before heading out. She ran to the nearest cash machine and withdrew all the money from all the cards he had. Putting the money into her bag she set o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter