Battle

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re so screwed.” Minho muttered. The others could only stare at Yoona in her new transformation.

“We need to get that necklace off her.” Tiffany muttered.

“What? Are you crazy? We’ll probably die trying!” Taeyeon hissed.

“Would you rather give up and watch her destroy everything?” Tiffany snapped back. Taeyeon bit her lip and nodded.

“How are we supposed to go about doing this?”

“Maybe we could try attacking her from behind?” Onew suggested.

“Maybe throwing a rock or something to knock her unconscious?”

“How about an arrow at her head?” Tiffany held up her hand to silence everyone.

“How about before we do that we get out of her eyesight first?”  She suggested. Everyone looked at each other and smiled, it was a little funny. Yoona was busy surveying her army thus giving the others a perfect time to escape. They crept around the back of the hall quietly, getting nearer and nearer the exit when Yoona suddenly whipped around, her dark eyes glinting.

“How cute. You thought you could escape?” She began to punch out balls of purple fire at them at a rapid pace and it took all their energy to dodge them. It wasn’t easy though as soon as they had dodged one ball another was being hurled their way, but they were drawing them all away from the entrance. The more flames Yoona threw at them the further they were getting away from the entrance.

Nichkhun saw how far they were getting from the entrance, how tired his friends were, the beads of sweat flowing down their faces as they dodged one after the other. Suddenly he grabbed Qian’s wrist and pulled her towards him. Time seemed to stop then as he gazed into Qian’s large brown eyes. Reaching up he brushed a lock of hair away from a face and firmly planted a kiss on her lips. As he drew back he whispered:

“I love you. Remember that.” Qian furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“Nichkhun what-?”

“When I say run, you need to run. No looking back, no coming back okay?” Nichkhun cut her off. Qian  nodded but she had a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of  her stomach. She watched as Nichkhun turned around and ran towards Yoona yelling. Yoona only turned around just in time to see Nichkhun pounce upon her, knocking her down. In one swift move he tore the necklace off around her neck and threw it to Qian, who was watching in shock as the jewellery clattered around her feet.

“Qian, take it and run! Now!” Nichkhun shouted urgently as he tried to fight off Yoona. Victoria picked up the necklace and turned around hesitantly before running towards the others. Onew took her arm and dragged her along as they ran towards the exit. Just before they got out a guttural cry was heard and Qian turned back in panic.

“Nichkhun!” Her panicked voice rose over the scream. Minho took her other arm quickly, squeezing it a little.

“Nichkhun knows what he’s doing. Let’s go.”  Slowly hesitating Victoria turned and ran with them outside the building into the light. They ran as fast as their feet would carry them, resisting the constant urge to look behind them to see what was happening. They managed to get to the far end of the school gardens before a huge explosion was heard from back inside the school. They all turned to the school in horror as the explosion echoed in the silent air.

A moment later another explosion came, blasting off the wall of the school.

And with it came a body flying through the air.

He landed with sickening thud on the ground and Qian only hesitated for second before running towards the figure lying limply on the ground. Praying with all her might though she knew it was futile she flipped over the body with the hopes that it wasn’t the person she dreaded the most. The others could only watch as Qian’s heart shattered into a million tiny pieces.

Time seemed to stop for a second as Qian leant her head down and pressed her forehead against Nichkhun’s; her tears dripping from her cheek onto his cold, lifeless face. Her lips twitched as she fought the urge to let a sound escape her lips. It was little use as a sob finally bubbled and escaped . The sobs seemed to be wrenched from her very soul as she cradled Nichkhun’s lifeless body in her arms. Nobody knew what to do but silently mourn the second of their friends to be lost in this fight.

“Geez will you stop crying? Your sobs are grating against my ear!” The others looked up to see the grinning face of Yoona as she hovered out of the school. Qian lifted up her face and stared at Yoona; her puffy red eyes glaring as if to cut her down just by the intensity of her gaze. Yoona on the other hand was grinning at all of them victoriously. Qian carefully placed a kiss of Nichkhun’s forehead before placing his head carefully on the ground. She turned to face Yoona with her red eyes sending daggers towards Yoona.

“You’ll pay for that.” She hissed to Yoona.

“Oh really? And how do you expect to do that against my army?” Yoona gestured to the undead bodies that were marching outside to stand behind Yoona.

All of a sudden Tiffany started to make a strange choking sound and the others turned around to face her in confusion. Her face was pale and she was clutching harshly as if something was stuck there. All of a sudden she stared to breath fire; huge tornados of it swirling in the air around her. The others backed away in shock and could only watch in horror as her hair whipped around wildly in the air around her while her screams echoed in the air.

“What’s happening to her?” Jessica asked.

“She needs to put the necklace on! The elements are fighting again; they’ll kill her!” Sooyoung cried in panic. Qian snapped her head towards her right hand and opened it slowly. Ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter