The Graveyard

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How far is it from Seoul to Boseong?” Onew asked.

“A little over 300 kilometres.” Taeyeon replied quickly. The others stared at her in shock “What? I like geography.”

“We need to go immediately. We can’t risk Yoona getting there before us.” Tiffany said stonily. Yuri nodded.

“I agree but we can’t walk there it would take us too long.” She stated.

“True. How do we get there quick enough? How long does it even take to get there?” Jessica asked.

“Depends how fast we go which is going to depend on how we’re going.” Qian stated.

“So we need to decide how we’re going to get there.” Nichkhun sighed.

“We can’t walk there it’d take too long. I guess we could take the car.” Donghae suggested.

“That’s a good idea. Anyone know how to drive?” Tiffany asked. Donghae put his hand up in the air.

“I do. I’ll drive there.”

“So that’s settled then. Donghae can drive us down to Boseong.” Tiffany replied “Taeyeon-unnie? How long would it take to drive down?” Taeyeon scribbled a few things down on paper before looking up and replying:

“The fastest would be about 9 hours and 45minutes.” Tiffany just closed her eyes and sighed.

“If that’s the best we can do then we’ll just have to take it. We should start packing then.” Tiffany ordered.

“We haven’t even unpacked from the last trip. We can go as soon as we’ve told the headmistress.” Yuri piped up.

“Good. Let’s find her and set off immediately.” Tiffany ordered. The others looked at each other worriedly. Something had changed in Tiffany. She rarely smiled and when she did it never extended up to her eyes. Her manner of speaking as well; it wasn’t gentle like it used to be; now it was firmer and more authoritarian. Nevertheless they set off for the headmistress’ office to tell her they were going again.

“How long will you take to get there?” The headmistress asked once they told her.

“Nearly 10 hours.” Donghae replied.

“Be careful. Make sure our weapons are sharpened but hidden. If you are spotted carrying them you will be arrested.” She warned.

They set off immediately. The sky was gloomy and the colours reflected the mood of the group. Everyone was down and depressed, they were just waiting for what kind of trouble was going to happen to them next.

“What do you think the clue will be?” Taeyeon asked.

“I don’t know but it better not be another riddle.” Tiffany sighed.

“I know they can be frustrating. Do you remember what she was screaming when we first found her?” Taeyeon asked.

“Something like ‘damn my father?’” Taeyeon nodded.

“She said her father was the one who hid those riddles. He was the one who hid the artefact.” Taeyeon explained. Tiffany’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“But why would he hide it from his own daughter?”

“Don’t you remember? The last person who used it tried to raise an army of the dead.” Tiffany’s eyes widened in realisation.

“It was Yoona who tried to raise the army. But why? Why would she do that?” Tiffany questioned. Taeyeon just shrugged.

“I don’t know. I guess we’ll have to find out.” Tiffany was set in her thoughts as the journey continued.

True to Taeyeon’s calculations the journey took just under 10 hours. They arrived in Boseong and saw fields after fields of green tea plants. The air was pure and natural and the whole place gave off an aura of serenity. They got out of the car and just stood there surveying the fields, breathing in the pure air.

“It’s so peaceful here.” Yuri sighed.

“I know. This seems like such a nice place to grow up.” Taeyeon sighed. Tiffany, to her surprise, felt a pang of jealousy. Yoona grew up in such a beautiful place what made her change so dramatically?

“We should ask around to find out where the graveyard is.” Donghae muttered after a while. A group of tourists came by them led by their tour guide.

“Excuse me? Do you know where the graveyard is?” Taeyeon asked. The tour guide paused and looked extremely nervous.

“It’s in one of the green tea fields. But I wouldn’t recommend going there now. The sun is setting and the place gets really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter