86-

Letting You Go

Time seemed to pass that much faster when your days fell into some sort of routine. You worked during the day and visited your mom in the evenings. Your part-time job was turning out well as you had no problems managing the workload and picked up the skills taught to you fast. Minhyuk didn’t give you any problems at work and the owners had grown really fond of him, frequently buying snacks for him and playing with him when their weren’t any customers.

Your mom was slowly getting better every day that went by. Dr. Kim estimated that she could be discharged in a week or so, depending on how fast her condition improved. You wondered what would happen when your mom got discharged. You didn’t want her to return back home straight after since you were worried about her health but you also couldn’t have her stay with you at your current place because there just wasn’t enough room for the three of you to sleep comfortably.

You chose not to voice out that problem to anyone even though you talked to both Kibum and Soojin everyday. However, you found yourself becoming increasingly troubled as the days went by. No matter how you thought about it, you had to find another place to stay, one that had another bedroom for your mom. But even when you tried asking around and searching the newspapers and the internet, you just couldn’t find a place that was as affordable as where you were staying now.

The weekends rolled around again and both you and Minhyuk were on the way to meet Soojin outside the place where the SHINee members (minus Jinki) were recording. You arrived a few minutes late, because you had chosen to take the public transport today instead was still a little unsure of the route, and saw that Soojin was already there waiting for you and Minhyuk. You quickly gave Kibum a call after saying ‘hi’ to her but surprisingly, he didn’t pick up his phone, so you decided to try Taemin instead.

“Ok, so remember, do not wander around without me ok?” Soojin reminded you after you got off the phone with Taemin.

“I’m not even sure whether they’d be there actually.” You said.

Soojin gave you a pointed look. “Ok fine. Don’t wander around without me if they are here. Alright?”

Before you could give her an answer, a sudden force slammed into your back and you stumbled a few steps forward, letting go to Minhyuk’s hand in the process. “NOONA!” An all too familiar voice chirped in your ear.

You reached behind instinctively to ruffled his hair when you had finally regained your balance. “Hello to you too, Taeminnie.” You laughed.

He took a step back and bowed slightly to Soojin, greeting her at the same time. “Oh, don’t need to be so formal.” Soojin immediately waved off.

Upon hearing that, Taemin immediately stooped down and scooped Minhyuk up into his arms. “Annyeong, Minhyukkie. Did you miss me?”

You didn’t hear his answer because he wrapped his arms around Taemin’s neck and whispered something in his ear which caused him to chuckled a little and look at you.

You raised your eyebrows and gave him a questioning look but he just shook his head and began to walk into the building through the side door. You and Soojin quickly followed closely behind him.

“Where’s Kibum? I tried his phone but he didn’t pick up.” You asked when all of you were inside the building.

“Oh, he must be going around socialising with his 91-line friends again.”

“That’s nice. It’s good to have friends.” You commented.

“Mmhmm. Just like noona!” He replied, looking back at you with a smile.

“Is BEAST recording for this music program as well?” Soojin interjected.

“Mmm…” Taemin thought for a moment. “Yup, I think they are. They’ve been at every music program we’ve been on so I’m pretty sure that they’re here too. Do you want me to check?” He looked at Soojin and asked.

“No no. It’s alright.” She waved her hands in front of her and cast you a “better-stick-with-me” look when Taemin had turned back around.

You nodded your consent and continued following Taemin as he led the way to their dressing room.

Kibum was nowhere to be found when you reached their dressing room. Instead, only Minho, Jonghyun, the staff and now, Taemin were in the dressing room. Jonghyun was listening to his mp3 and practising his singing rather loudly while Minho was sitting in front of the mirror, with his eyes closed, getting his makeup done.

“Noona, just sit here and wait for a while, ok? I’m going to get changed.” He pointed to the coordi noona who was holding up his outfit for him.

“Of course, of course! Go ahead.” You shooed him off to the changing room.

You carefully placed the stuff that you had brought on the table before settling onto the space beside Soojin. She was already preoccupied with playing with Minhyuk so you took the time to observe everyone. Jonghyun was still facing the corner and practicing his singing and Minho looked like he was catching up on sleep while the makeup artists worked on him. They were all so busy and it suddenly made you wonder why you weren’t like them. Instead of working, you were still stuck in school and couldn’t even afford to pay your mom’s hospital bill and rent a bigger place for her to stay with you. You let out a soft sigh as your troubles caught up with you once again.

Before you could sink too deep into your worries though, the door opened and the room was suddenly filled with noise and chatter that was partly carried in from the outside but mostly came from the three people that entered the room. You looked up and your eyes widen once you saw who was in the group of people that had entered the room. A million questions filled your head as your body tensed and you balled your fists in your lap.

Soojin noticed this and looked up as well, immediately understanding your reaction but reached over and placed her hand over your fists. You looked up at her but she didn’t say anything, choosing instead to give you a reassuring smile and a short shake of her head. You realized what she was trying to do and you let out the breath that you were holding and tried your best to relax.

“Oh! -------ah, you’re here already?” He asked, looking somewhat puzzled. “Why didn’t you give me a call? How did you get in?”

You gave him a strange look, choosing to ignore the other two people that were standing around him. “I did but you didn’t pick up so I chose the only other option, Taemin.” You nodded at the said member as he coincidentally stepped out of the changing room.

He looked up when he heard his name being called and saw Kibum. “Oh, hyung! You’re finally here. Noona came when you weren’t here so I went to meet her and brought her here.” He said proudly, like he accomplished a really important mission.

“Arasso. You did well. Now so get your makeup done.” He ruffled Taemin’s hair before pushing him towards the mirrors where Minho was still sitting motionlessly and then turning back to you.

“Sorry, I guess I was too preoccupied I didn’t feel my phone.” He said as he rubbed his neck sheepishly. The guy who was standing closest to Kibum raised one of his brows and eyed you curiously after seeing Kibum’s reaction.

“It’s fine. Taemin did get us here after all.” You dismissed, not wanting to make this into that big of a deal.

He gave you a look that told you that he wasn’t in the least convinced but quickly changed the topic. “Oh right, this is Dongwoon…” He gestured to the guy who was still eyeing you and you nodded politely. “and this that is Junhyung. They are from BEAST…..” 

 

=============

So, just to update, to top off my horrid week last week, I came down with really bad throat infection that gave me really high fevers for 2 days -.- I think that must have really been the WORST week ever so far in my life.

Nonetheless, I've visited the doctor and am on a really strong course of antibiotics now so I'm feeling tons better. Also, HUGE thanks for the encouragements ^^ I felt better after reading them. I really did :))

Love you all!!