34-

Letting You Go

Image Hosting
Picoodle Image Hosting

Kibum fiddled with his keys before finally managing to get the door open. The both of you had taken a cab to where his apartment was. He had the address memorised and rattled it off to the driver with ease. Where he got the keys to the apartment, was pretty much a mystery. He entered the house and held the door open for you, looking at you expectantly when you didn’t follow. “Well? Come on in! I won’t bite. I promise.” He gave you that smirk, which you had become so used to seeing, and leaned against the door.

You rolled your eyes, choosing to ignore him and walked past him into the house. “I just didn’t want to come in without being invited. After all, it’s your house, not mine.” You huffed while taking off your shoes. You looked around the apartment and your jaw dropped. The apartment complex had look rather stylish from the outside, but now that you were inside, you couldn’t believe what you saw. The apartment was very spacious and had a very simplistic black and white theme. The house looked like it was aglow because the windows allowed plenty of the morning light in.

“Someone’s cranky.” He stated, simply, while closing the door.

You bit your lip and looked back at him. “Sor-“

“It’s ok. Don’t apologise. I should’ve been more sensitive. Your craving must be driving you crazy.” You gave him a surprised look.

“My mom’s a nurse.” He answered your unspoken question. “Let’s freshen up for a bit then we’ll head to the supermarket for your pumpkin food stuff.” He took your luggage and entered one of the rooms briefly before walking back out and waving you over. “This is your room. Mine is just down the hall and that’s the bathroom.” He pointed to the door facing your room. “Will 10 minutes be enough?” You nodded. “Ok. Living room in 10 minutes then.” He gave you a small smile before walking to his room with his luggage.

You watched him disappear into his room before you took a step into your room and took in your surroundings. It had a hint of the black and white colour theme but you were thrilled to see that purple was also thrown into the mix. There was a single bed and a bedside table, a really huge closet and a desk at the foot of your bed. It was like this room was made especially for you and you already loved it.

You quickly ped your luggage and took out your personal care bag before shuffling to the bathroom to freshen up. When you opened the bathroom door, you saw that Kibum was waiting outside. He had taken off his jacket and changed into a new shirt. “Oh! Why didn’t you tell me you were waiting? I would have been out faster.”

“It’s ok. I didn’t want you to rush. Anyway, it’s not like I had to go urgently. Are you done already?”

“Yup, I just need to put this-” You lifted your personal care bag. “back in my room then I’m all set to go.”

“Ok, I’ll just use the bathroom real quick then.” He said before ducking into the bathroom.

The supermarket was just a couple of blocks away according to Kibum so you followed him as he led the way confidently. After walking for about 15 minutes in silence, since he was busy fiddling with his phone, you really did arrive at the supermarket. You found it strange and had to ask. “Have you been here before? You seem so comfortable when everything just looks strange to me and apparently, you also know your way around!” You looked at him incredulously.

He chuckled and raised his hands. “Guilty.”

“Ah-hah! I knew it! That just explains everything!” You beamed, happy to have finally figured things out.

“I’ve been here once before but only for about 2 months. I enjoyed it very much and decided that I had to come back no matter what. So here I am.” He smiled as he picked up a basket from the side of the entrance.

He navigated easily through the sections of the supermarket too, picking out fruits and vegetables, meat and pasta, and of course, not forgetting pumpkin. He was obviously making use of this trip to the supermarket to stock up the fridge and cupboards at home but you were starting to worry about the cost of all the food items. You thought that it was only right if you share the cost of the groceries since you were going to be eating the food too. But when you took you’re your wallet at the cashier, he just pushed your hand down and shook his head before taking out his card and using it to pay.

You frowned a little. You didn’t understand why he was being so nice to you. You had only met him about a day ago but he had offered you a place to stay in his really beautiful apartment and now, he’s not even letting you pay for groceries. You walk back from the supermarket was silent again. You were preoccupied with your thoughts and so was Kibum, except that he was thinking of the best way to cook the pumpkin.

You had been shooed off to your room the moment you got home. Kibum told you to change and get some rest and that he would take care of the groceries and then call you when the food was done. You were worried about him cooking but he told you to trust him and just rest. You went into your room with the intention of unpacking your luggage but after you had taken a warm shower and changed into a new set of clothes, you suddenly felt very tired. You looked at the clock in your room and saw that it was only 10 in the morning and decided to take a nap but when your head touched your soft pillow, you fell into a deep slumber.

 

======================

The picture at the top is how Key's apartment looks like and the picture of the bedroom is how yours looks like :)