100-

Letting You Go

 

You struggled a little with the bags of groceries you were holding in both hands, trying to free your index finger long enough to key the code into the electronic keypad.

“Need some help?” A deep and clear voice rang down the corridor, startling you more than a little, as your head snapped in the direction of the voice. You would have clutched your hand to your heart if they weren’t being weighed down.

“You nearly gave me a heart attack!” You whined when he approached you to take the grocery bags out of your hands.

“You should have seen your face.” He chuckled heartily.

You tried to glare at him as you jabbed at the keypad but your eyes were soft so he knew that you weren’t actually angry.

“Oh! Fans!” You nodded as you thought aloud while you were keying in the last number. You hadn’t intended for him to hear it but he did.

“What?” A curious look on his face.

You shook your head slightly with a smile. “Just saying that I should have known that all of you were back when I saw the fans gathered downstairs.” You explained, causing him to laugh once again.

“When did all of you arrive?” You asked as you held the door open for him.

“About 2 hours ago?” He estimated.

“And… no schedule today?” You asked.

“No, but we have to practice for our schedule tomorrow though. We have to be at the company in about an hour. Kibum left the dorm before me so I don’t know where he went but the rest are taking a nap.”

“Oh, and you? You’re not tired?”

He shook his head. “I am but since I’m already up, I thought I’d go to the gym.” He flexed his arms after he had put the grocery bags down on the kitchen counter top.

You chuckled. “Alright, go to the gym then and thanks for helping me with these.” You angled your head towards the bags of groceries as he backed out of the kitchen while facing you, waving it off like it was nothing.

You smiled to yourself after you heard the door click shut. You glanced at the clock. It was still early so you could keep the groceries first before preparing breakfast. After keeping everything, you decided to do a quick check on Minhyuk before getting started on breakfast. It was only then that you realized that you should have asked Minho whether they already had breakfast or not.

You held back a gasp when you carefully cracked open the door to your bedroom and saw that Minhyuk wasn’t in his cot. But before you could start to panic, you opened the door wider and you saw Minhyuk sleeping peacefully beside Kibum on your bed. The both of them were sleeping with their backs up and their faces were facing each other. Kibum had one hand on Minhyuk’s back. He must have accidentally woken Minhyuk up when he came to see him and then fallen asleep himself while coaxing Minhyuk back to dreamland. You smiled at the sight and quietly backed out of the room, gently shutting the door.

“You’re back? Why didn’t you wake me up?” Kibum drawled out sleepily while you were almost done with breakfast.

You glanced back and saw Kibum standing in the doorway to the kitchen with a barely awake Minhyuk in his arms. “Oh! You’re awake!” You exclaimed. “I was just about to go wake the both of you.” 

“Sit sit! Breakfast is almost ready. I forgot to ask Minho whether all of you had breakfast or not so I made some extra just in case.”

"Hmm? Minho?” He asked, not quite understanding the link.

“Yup, I ran into him while coming back from the store. He helped me bring in the groceries before heading to the gym.” You explained.

He nodded in understanding while snickering at Minhyuk who was rubbing at his eyes sleepily. “Appa, is it time for breakfast already?” He tucked his head into the crook of Kibum’s neck, so the question was muffled against his skin but Kibum still heard it.

“Yes it is! Your omma made us breakfast! So you must be a good boy and wake up so that you can brush your teeth, ok?” Kibum asked and waited patiently for a response.

“Ok, appa.” Minhyuk lifted his head from Kibum’s neck and blinked sleepily, pointing in the direction of the bathroom.

“Let’s go!” Kibum bounced Minhyuk in his arms as he walked towards the bathroom.

“There are extra toothbrushes in the cabinet if you need them.” You called after them and got a simple “ok, thanks” in reply.

When you were done serving breakfast and Kibum and Minhyuk were done brushing their teeth, your mom had also woken up and joined the 3 of you at the breakfast table.

“Good morning, omonim.” Kibum stood up and greeted immediately.

“Oh, Kibum, you’re back?” Your mom asked, before quickly adding, “Sit sit. You don’t have to be so polite.”

“Morning, omma! I’ll get you a plate-“ You wanted to stand up but was promptly pushed back down by Kibum.

“Sit. I’ll get it.” He said and immediately went into the kitchen before you could say anything else. You stared after him with a puzzled look while your mom watched on rather amusedly.

You turned back to the table and watched Minhyuk eating at his maple syrup-coated pancakes rather messily. “Aigoo,” You lightly pinched his cheeks. “You’re such a messy eater.” You teased as you wiped the sticky syrup off his face with a wet tissue. “And are you not going to say hello to halmoni?”

He just giggled happily, waving his fork around. “Halmoooniiii~” He chirped cutely.

Your mom couldn’t help but chuckle at Minhyuk’s cute greeting. “He must be happy that his appa is here.” She said to you in a low voice.

“Here you go, omonim.” Kibum placed the plate in front of your mom, startling you a little as you were seated with your back towards the kitchen.

“Are you alright?” He asked when he noticed your expression.

You quickly nodded. “I’m fine.” You added with a smile. “Are the others coming over for breakfast as well?”

“Hmm, I could call and ask.” He suggested as he pulled his phone out.

The both of you exchanged knowing smiles as he pressed the phone to his ear and you stood up to get more plates from the kitchen. “Don’t forget to give Minho a call as well~” You reminded just as you disappeared into the kitchen.

As you predicted, Jinki, Jonghyun, and Taemin arrived a couple of minutes later and Minho, about 10 minutes after. He wouldn’t have had any pancakes left if you hadn’t taken 4 pancakes and kept them in the kitchen away from the rest before they arrived. The atmosphere quickly changed from quiet and calm to noisy and chaotic as everyone fought over the food as well as Minhyuk’s attention.

It didn’t last too long though because Jinki got a call from their manager while Minho was still eating, reminding them to be punctual for practice. Minho stuffed down the pancakes so quickly that you felt a little sad for him even though he looked like he was totally enjoying the food. He was the last one out of the house and gave Minhyuk a quick kiss before rushing past Kibum, who was lingering at your door. He looked like he had something to say so you just waited with a expectant look on your face.

“Umm, I have to go now but can I come over tonight? There’s something I want to tell you.” He said, suddenly looking rather unsure of himself.

You frowned for just a moment before smiling. “Of course you can. I have something to tell you too actually.”

“Oh?” He looked at you, eyebrows raised and looking all curious.

“Yup, but we’ll talk tonight.” You said and he nodded, remembering that he had to go.

“Minnie, appa had to go now, give appa a kiss.” He angled his cheek towards Minhyuk who proceed to plant a big kiss on his cheek.

“Aigoo, thank you for that-” He ruffled Minhyuk’s hair, “and I’ll see you tonight.” He added to you.

You smiled as you watched him back away. “You might want to wipe that.” You pointed to your cheek to get your point across. He touched the cheek that Minhyuk had just kissed and grimaced slightly because it was sticky.

You snickered and headed back inside to clean Minhyuk up.

 

========

Got to rush out now but decided to quickly post this up before I forget again and just bury myself in my bed. 

Enjoy~