Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 8

 

That night, Yunho laid down in his bed, tossing and turning. For some unknown reason, her face kept popping up into his mind, especially the expression she had when he caught her at the beach, playing with the little girl. Her caring nature, bright smile and gorgeous eyes made a big impression on Yunho but what about that wild side of her with the crazy dancing, revealing clothes and smoking? He would have given up and would go against his promises if he had to to break off the marriage arrangement after Tiffany's actions and attitude at the club if it wasn’t for the incident at the beach. He was quite intrigued by this mystery and was determined to find out who the real Tiffany Hwang is but how?

 

On the other hand, Tiffany was lying in bed as the events of that night repeatedly played inside her head. After all that she did, no guy in his right mind would want to marry her. She knows that most guys like y girls wearing revealing outfits who are alluring and that many find girls to be very y with a cigarette in their hands but when it comes to marriage, most prefer the more proper type. There was nothing proper about what she did today. If Yunho is a guy who isn't desperate, which he definitely doesn't seem to be and that he is like any normal guy, he will probably be thinking of how to break the news to his parents that he didn't wish to marry her. This is exactly what she had wanted but for some unknown reason, she wasn't as happy as she thought she would be. As a matter of fact, she was kind of sad at the idea that Yunho would reject her.

 

'What would I do if I see him? How should I act? I will be at work so I have to be professional. What would he say? Would he say anything at all? Will he ignored me and just walked away? Should I say something first if I see him or pretend that I didn’t see him? Oh my gosh. Will he fire me? Argh! I can’t take this anymore.' All these thoughts were running through Tiffany's head as she was driving to work that morning. She had thought about the awkwardness of seeing Yunho as the general manager but she didn't want to quit her job because of this. She really liked her job.

 

Walking into the hotel, Tiffany stop to looked around the building, making sure Yunho wasn’t around. After she was sure that he wasn't, she started walking towards her office, relieved.

 

Around noon, after going through numerous of cases and racking her brains for a new advertising campaign for the hotel, her office line rang.

 

“Hello. This is Tiffany Hwang speaking.” Tiffany said, as she picked up a folder to looked at.

 

“Tiffany, the general manager’s secretary just called and said that Mr. Jung would like to have a business lunch with you to discuss about a cases that you are currently working on.” Victoria said.

 

After hearing that Yunho wanted to have lunch with her, Tiffany suddenly started to shake and dropped the cases folder that she was currently holding. She knows that she can’t hide from him forever because it is his company after all but she didn't think she will have to meet him so soon. She wasn't ready to handle this or more correctly, she wasn't ready to handle her mixed feelings for Yunho.

 

“Mr. Jung would like for you to meet him at piano cafe at 12:45pm.” Victoria continued, but all she got on the other line was silence.

 

“Hello? Tiffany? Did you hear me?” Victoria asked.

 

“I'm sorry. Yes, I heard you. Thank you. You may go to lunch now.” Tiffany said, after she had finished collecting her thoughts.

 

All throughout the whole day, she tried to finished up some more work but all her thoughts were on the upcoming lunch date with Yunho. How clever of him to uses a business lunch to forced her to go see him. Did he know that she would just make up an excuses if he had just asked her out to lunch?

 

Tiffany was constantly looking up at the clock that hung on the wall facing her desk.

 

Tiffany finally couldn’t take the tension anymore, wrapped up her folders and decided to get this meeting over with, once and for all. Hopefully, he won’t fire her and they can pretend nothing happened.

 

Standing in front of the cafe, she had her black lodis audrey brera briefcase with her with all the cases she had been working on. He did mention a business meeting so just in cases he wanted to discusses a particular case she would have it, although she doubt that this is what this meeting is really about.

 

Taking in a deep breath, Tiffany pushed open the door to the piano cafe.