Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 28

 

The radiant sun had been replaced by the dreamy night sky as Yunho was sitting on his parents couch, gazing out at the backyard where his wedding had taken place exactly one year ago. Just staring outside, he started to replay that days event in his head.

 

'Fany was beautiful that day. It was awkward for us both but it was a pretty wedding regardless. How could I be so stupid?! She was pure as the snow. How could I ever doubt her or even thought otherwise?'

 

"Yunho. Yunho." Mrs. Jung said, trying to break Yunho away from his trance.

 

"Yeah, mom." Yunho said, looking up at her.

 

"Stop thinking about Tiffany. She isn't worth to be your wife. She's a disgrace to this family. I would have never thought that I would catch my daughter-in-law with a man who isn't my son at a hotel. I’m still upset just thinking about her. Don’t worry, we will find you a more proper and faithful wife."

 

"Mom. Fany isn't like that. It was all a misunderstanding."

 

"What's there to misunderstand? I saw her with my own eyes. If my friend didn’t drag me out, I would have gone up to their room and see what she had to say for herself. I feel bad for the Hwang's. They are such honorable people with such a shameful daughter."

 

"Fany has been a very good wife. It was my fault. It’s all my fault."

 

"Yunho, don’t blame yourself. I think you are blinded by love that you don’t realized what's happening."

 

"Mom, don’t you see Yunho is already miserable as it is? I’m sure Tiffany isn't like that." Eunji said, annoyed at her mom for speaking about Tiffany like that as she walked into the living room.

 

"Fine. You do whatever you want." Mrs. Jung said, upset and storm out of the living room.

 

Sitting down next to her brother, Eunji placed her hand on his shoulder, hoping to comfort him, "Don’t worry Oppa, I know everything will be okay between you two. You know why I know?" Eunji said, smiling "Because you both love each other."

 

For Tiffany, she was sitting in her old room, looking out of the balcony. That night was chilly but the stars and moon were bright as ever, like they were enjoying a party up in the night sky. Walking out to the balcony, Tiffany placed her elbow on the edge, looking up at the stars while the full moon illuminates the star filled sky.

 

'Are they looking down and laughing at me? Laughing at how pathetic my life is? How one year ago I didn’t want to get marry and had cried to them but now.' Tiffany thought, sniffling 'I’m crying to them because I’m getting a divorce?'

 

It has only been three and a half weeks but the two tender heart wounds were still as raw as if it was ripped open yesterday. They yearned to be together but little did they know, the stars and moon were witnessing their loneliness and in fact, unknowingly to them, they were together on their anniversary, both gazing longingly at the same brilliant stars.