Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 27

 

That same day, Myungsoo woke up with an excruciating headache, not realizing that he had succeeded in making Yunho's life miserable without even trying.

 

'Damn, I must have bang my head somewhere last night! This headache is killing me.' Myungsoo thought, before looking around where he was, confused 'Why am I at a hotel? Damn, I don’t remember anything!'

 

While for Yunho, he sat down at the mini bar in his office the next following day, downing his eighth glass of soju. Jonghyun stormed into his office with a magazine in his left hand and marched over to where Yunho had been sitting for hours and threw the magazine at his friend.

 

"Yunho. What the heck is this? Do you know how much Taeng had yelled at me? She wants to break up with me because of you. She said she can’t trust playboys. She said, 'Once a playboy, always a playboy'. What the hell is this?!" Jonghyun said, glaring at him.

 

Yunho, weary from the hectic weekend, slowly picked up the magazine. Seeing the cover page, he was shocked, "What? I...Where did you get this?" Yunho asked, flabbergasted.

 

"It's sold all over Seoul. Don’t tell me you don’t know about this. Yunho, buddy, I thought you said you wanted to make things work with Tiffany. I know with all the women flying at you, it’s hard to resists at times but Yunho, you are a married man. When we are single, we can do anything we want but now that you are married, you must be responsible to your wife. Tiffany is a good woman. Now, thanks to you, Taeng won’t even talk to me."

 

'I wonder if Fany had seen this?' Yunho thought, before looking up at Jonghyun.

 

"Did...Do you know if Fany had seen this?"

 

"Well, if Taeng had seen it, what do you think? Of course, Tiffany had seen it but that's not the point here, who is she? That women on the magazine with you?"

 

"She’s Myungsoo's friend. We met in Tokyo. We are just friends, I swear."

 

"Well, you shouldn’t swear to me, you should explain it to Tiffany. She found out a few days ago when Taeng and her went to the supermarket. Taeng said that even before seeing the magazine, Tiffany already seemed perplexed. Did you do anything else to hurt her? I know it’s none of my business in your marriage affair but Tiffany is also my friend and is Taeng's best friends. We can’t let you hurt her even though you are my best friend."

 

"I’m going to find Fany and explain this." Yunho said, as he stood up from the stool at his mini bar and walked out of his office.

 

'Did this contributed to her decision for a divorce?'

 

When Yunho got down to the advertising department, he saw many people gathering around Tiffany's office. Coming closer to see what's wrong, he saw that her office was all clean up with two big boxes on her desk.

 

"I’m going to miss you." Victoria said sadly.

 

"Fany, why do you have to go? It's so sudden. Don’t go." Sooyoung said, trying to convince Tiffany to stayed.

 

"I’m going to miss you guys and everyone here too, and I really enjoyed working here since I have learned so much from each of you. You are all such wonderful colleagues."

 

Suddenly, they noticed their general manager standing by the doorway. All went quiet and surprised to see the boss standing there since Yunho rarely came down to the department.

 

"Fany." Yunho started, clearing his throat, "Um...Miss Hwang, may I have a word with you?"

 

"Mr. Jung, I’m really sorry but I’m busy packing. I no longer work here. Besides, I have an appointment soon so if you don’t mind, I would like to finish up here."

 

Yunho couldn't believe that Tiffany would treat him so coldly in front of the other employees. Okay, if she doesn’t care about what other people think then he won’t either.

 

Marching up to Tiffany, he grabbed her arm, leaving the staff in shocked.

 

"Fany, you are coming with me. We need to talk. Now." Yunho said, as he dragged her out of her office before she could resists. Getting drag out of her office, she did everything she can to get her wrist back from his grip but to no avail. The other staff stood there with questions written all over their faces. Once he bought her down to the conference room, he immediately locked the door after closing the blinds before lying the magazine down on the table.

 

"Is this part of the reason you want a divorce?" Yunho asked, pointing down at the magazine.

 

'How dare him treat me this way and put that thing on the table so coolly like it's some random magazine?'

 

"Mr. Jung, I don’t think this is an appropriate topic to discuss at work." Tiffany said, still acting profressional.

 

"Stop that, Fany. I’m sorry okay. I didn’t mean to raise my voice. I know that you are upset at this picture. I can explain. It’s not what it seems like. We just met that day."

 

'And you were already at a hotel with her.' Tiffany thought, standing there calmly, trying not to lose her temper, "Actually, she's Myungsoo's friend. After I talked to you that night, I couldn’t sleep so I went downstairs to the lobby where I ended up seeing her. We just chatted like two acquaintances. I couldn’t ignored her. You don’t ignored people you know, right? Even if they are just social contacts. Please Fany please, believe me. These stupid tabloid magazine, they just like to make up stories to get people to buy their crap!"

 

"Well, they wouldn’t have anything to write about if you didn’t give them something to work with! I didn’t want to bring this up because I didn’t see the need for it but since you brought it up, I guess we might as well get this out in the open! Yunho Oppa, I don’t want to be one of your 'Girlfriends' anymore! I want more in my husband! I expect much, much more! A real faithful husband who only thinks about his wife who is mature enough to take responsibilities as a husband, not someone who is still a playboy that wants the best of both worlds! You can’t just go out and have fun with different women and expect a submissive unquestioning wife at home at your beck and call! I deserve much better than that! Okay, you claim that there is nothing between you, too! Can you explain why someone would spend thousands of dollars to buy a rare special collector’s edition tie pin for you?!" Tiffany retorted.

 

"What are you talking about? What tie pin? Who bought it for me?" Yunho asked, confused.

 

"Oppa, you are a piece of work." Tiffany said, laughing out loud, "You are a clever playboy, you know that? So clever that you tricked me into believing you went to Tokyo on a business trip to help the villagers but in reality, you were there to meet your lover but all clever people will make at least one mistake. If you want to know what I’m talking about, go home and look on your dresser in the little fancy box. You know how I know about the pin? The irony, I wanted to buy that very same exact pin for you but your 'Girlfriend' insists in having it because it was a gift for your anniversary. Anniversay Oppa." She continued, wiping the irrepressible tears that were starting to wet her face.

 

"That’s ridiculous. What anniversary? What pin? What are you talking about? I really did go to Tokyo for a business trip and about the women, again nothing happened."

 

"Okay Oppa, if you insists that nothing happened between you guys. Can you look at me and honestly tell me that you never laid a finger on that woman and that you had never kissed her? Tell me Oppa? If you are so innocent then I don’t think this task should be hard."

 

With that said, Yunho stood there like a frozen statue. He knows that nothing happened between them but he did touch Boa and they did kiss that night they met at the club years ago. He couldn’t tell her those things didn’t happen but if he told her what happen then he will just be in a bigger hole with bigger trouble of trying to make his wife understand.

 

'Yunho, say something. Now, she’s really upset. If you don’t say anything then you admitted that there is something going on. Damn it Yunho, say something.' Yunho thought, starting to get angry with himself.

 

Yunho's blank stare and silence were the confirmation that Tiffany needed. Not wanting to stay in the same room with Yunho anymore, she stormed out of the room after saying four simple words, "That’s what I thought."

 

As she stepped out of the conference room, she saw several pair of eyes watching them with confused expressions. Ignoring them, she took the stairs to the floor above, took her belongings and left red ocean.

 

It didn’t take long before rumors were flying around the hotel about their general manager’s love quarrel with Tiffany. Different accounts of the incident circulate the hotel, stirring up lots of gossips and rumors. Yunho didn’t care anymore about questions regarding his relationship with Tiffany. Now, he has to find a way to mend the crack that he had created in their relationship. To his surprises, after that night, he never doubted Tiffany's relationship with Myungsoo. Although he thinks Myungsoo is the scum of the earth, he trusts Tiffany now but it was too late. Yunho then later on learned of Tiffany's friendship with Myungsoo in the States and how she had rejected him from Jonghyun who was told by Taeyeon.

 

Since the magazine was published three weeks ago, more rumors started spreading around the hotel. When Boa saw the magazine, she was surprised but not upset. She likes to be referred to as Yunho's girlfriend. She has been trying to call Yunho several times this past three weeks but couldn't get a hold of him. She would go to the hotel to find him, not in his office or in some meeting. Yunho had tried to avoid Boa altogether to prevent further gossips. The fifth week, Boa was sitting outside of passion 5 cafe, enjoying the beautiful weather when her black iphone rang.

 

"Hello." Boa answered, already knowing it was Yunho since she already looked at the caller id.

 

"Hi Boa. Are you free? I want to talk to you about something."

 

"Um...Yeah. I’m actually at passion 5 right now. Why don’t you come and join me? It’s such a lovely day."

 

"I will be there in fifteen. Bye."

 

'I wonder what he wants to talk about? Is it because of the magazine? Did it upset him or?' Boa thought, smiling to herself as she took a sip of her chocolate shake.

 

About eighteen minutes later, Yunho arrived and spotted Boa who was wearing a manganese multi, scoop neckline, sleeveless, calvin klein floral-print a-line knee-length dress, sitting outside of the restaurant. Boa immediately saw Yunho and notice that he didn't seem like his normal self. He looks withdrawn and unorganized. His acorn color, short sleeve, tasso elba silk-blend crosshatch shirt wasn't tucked in neatly like normally, it seems like he just threw on whatever was in front of him that morning, along with a pair of black out levi's 505 regular-fit jeans. Yunho was furious about what Boa had told Tiffany about buying the gift for her boyfriend and about the whole anniversary thing. He knows that it wasn't completely Boa's fault because she didn't know that he was married and what's worst, married to the girl she got the pin from.

 

"Yunho Oppa." Boa said excitedly, waving at him.

 

Walking up to her, he stop in front of the table, "Boa." Yunho said in a serious tone, before placing a small box in front of Boa. At first, Boa didn't recognize the object but then, recognition was written all over her v-line face.

 

'Why is he giving this back to me? Why is he being so cold?' Boa thought, confused before looking up at him, "Oppa. What is this?"

 

"Boa, you gave this to me remember? Why did you spend so much money on this?"

 

"Oppa, it’s not that expensive. I told you it’s just a friendly gift. It didn’t cost me that much."

 

"It's a special limited collector’s item. There are only eight of these in Seoul. Boa, I really appreciate that you valued our friendship so highly but I just wanted to make it clear that that is the extent of our relationship." Yunho said, "Oppa, I don’t know what you are talking about? Why are you making such a big deal about this tiny gift?" Boa asked, as she was starting to feel uneasy.

 

'Making a big deal? Damn it! This tiny gift ruined my marriage.' Yunho thought, starting to get angry but try to control himself.

 

"I just wanted to make things clear between us. There are lots of unwanted rumors flying around the hotel because of this and I don’t want to continue to fuel it. I think it's best if we try to keep our distances." Yunho said, with finality in his tone.

 

"What's there to make clear?" Boa asked, confused "Okay, I admit that I like you but what's wrong with that? We are both single and we have fun when we were together. Why can’t we have a chance? Oppa, I wanted to be your friend first and then hopefully, our relationship will bloom from there. What's wrong with that?" Boa said, trying to hold back her tears.

 

Not being able to hold it in anymore, Yunho blurted out before he can control himself, "We have no future! I’m a married man already!"

 

Boa's big, dark brown, almond-shaped eyes widened as Yunho said those shocking words.

 

'He’s married? What? The famous bachelor is married and no one knows about it? That’s ridiculous.' Boa thought, "Jung Yunho, if you don’t like me then you can just tell me that, why did you have to make up such a stupid excuses?! I’m a smart girl, I can take a hint. You don’t have to lie to me like that." Boa said, as tears trickle down her angry red face.

 

"I’m sorry if I had misled you. I didn’t mean for things to turn out this way. I really like you as a friend, Boa, honestly. Maybe if I had been open since the beginning, none of this would have happen. The truth is, I have been married for almost a year now. In fact, our anniversary is coming up soon. My wife wanted to keep our relationship a secret." Yunho said in a gentler tone.

 

"Why would she want to do that? If you are my husband, I would be so proud and tell the whole world." Boa said, incredulous.

 

"It’s a long story. To make the story short, she saw the pin and the magazine and...Let’s just say she wasn't too happy. She knows how precious the pin is and...well, yeah." Yunho said, running his hand through his hair and sigh sadly. Boa could see it now that Yunho wasn't joking and that he was very serious. She really like Yunho but to see him in such a disorderly and painful state, she didn’t have the heart to be upset at him. He had been a good friend to her and she didn’t want to miss that. Its true that Boa had always had what she wanted but now, in front of her is a man, who she cares about, is miserable and is very unhappy because of her.

 

"I can see this had affected you greatly. Um...Oppa, I’m sorry that I have causes you and your wife any trouble. Do you want me to go talk to her?" Boa said softly.

 

"No." Yunho said quickly, alarmed at her suggestion, "Um...I’m sorry. I just mean it might not be a good idea right now but thank you."

 

"Um...Oppa, I just wanted to know. How did your wife know about the pin?" Boa asked curiously.

 

"She said something about you telling her it was an anniversary gift for your boyfriend."

 

"Your wife works at the mall?"

 

"No. She said she wanted to buy me that same exact pin but you insists on getting it so she let you have it."

 

"Oh, that was your wife? Oh my god, Oppa, I didn’t know. I’m so sorry. Um...I made that up because I really liked that pin. I guess my selfishness finally caught up to me. Um...Your wife. She's...um, a very gorgeous woman."

 

"Yeah, she is." Yunho said, letting out a weak smile.

 

As the day progress, Boa tried to comfort Yunho and helped him find ways to mend his broken marriage. Yunho was quite surprises at Boa's gesture. She was a gorgeous woman who was raised in a wealthy family but she was very understanding and didn't give him as much trouble as he had expected. Boa really wanted to help Yunho with all her heart. She was even amazed at herself for being so collected and cool about the whole situation. Normally, she would have thrown a huge fit and would immediately plan a scheme to win but for some reason, she really wanted Yunho to be happy, even if it means she has to sacrifice her own happiness. Besides, he's already married and she isn't a believer in wrecking people’s marriage because her dad had left her mom for another woman when she was younger.