Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 11

 

Later that night, after dropping Tiffany off at her apartment, Yunho went to a club downtown. He had called Jonghyun to meet him there.

 

"Whoa there, buddy. I think you have had enough for tonight. What’s going on? I have never seen you like this before since Jessica left you." Jonghyun said, grabbing the cup from Yunho's hand, seeing that he has been drinking ever since he came, "Um...I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to bring her up." Jonghyun apologized, getting the glare from Yunho for mentioning Jessica.

 

Jessica Jung was Yunho's old girlfriend who had left him for someone else.

 

"Yunho, I’m really sorry. Now, tell me, what’s going on?" Jonghyun said, knowing that this isn't the time to bring up someone who had ripped his heart out five years ago.

 

Letting out a sarcastic grin, Yunho simply said, "Jonghyun, I’m getting married."

 

Jonghyun, who just had a sip of his soju, choke on his drink before looking up at Yunho.

 

Staring at him for a minute, Jonghyun started laughing, "For a minute there, I thought you said you were getting married. You scared me for a minute there Yunho."

 

"I’m serious. I’m getting married next month. Her name is Tiffany Hwang. She also works at red ocean." Yunho said, annoyed.

 

"What? Why? Um...I don’t understand. When did you meet her? How come you never mentioned about her? Is this why you are so miserable?"

 

After a few second of thinking, Jonghyun whispered, "Did you get her pregnant? Is that why you have to marry her?"

 

"Jonghyun. You know me better than that. Do you think I’m that type of person?"

 

"Well, if that’s not it then why?"

 

Sighing, Yunho started telling Jonghyun the whole story about the arranged marriage and how he had agreed to it himself when he was younger.

 

"Wow, Yunho. I don’t know what to say. Looks like you are in a bind there, my friend. Mr. Hwang has a heart condition. Wow. Um...it seems there is no way out then but you said this Tiffany isn't the type of girl you would want to marry. So, she parties a lot? I know you said that you envy your parents relationship and wishes to marry someone who is beautiful and sophisticated as your mother. Are you really going to go through with it?" "Can I have another of glass please?" Yunho asked, looking at the bartender.

 

"Tiffany is actually very pretty and those cute eyes and her cute smile."

 

"So, you like her too, then?"

 

"I don’t know. I have seen her at work and she was very professional but the way she talks to me, I have the feeling that she doesn’t like me and she also admits that she likes to go out a lot and when we went out together that one time, she was dancing really y and close to some guy, leaving me sitting at a table all alone. I mean, if I wanted to marry a party girl, I would have pick out some random girl at any bar but then, I have seen her gentler side, too. I don’t know. I don’t know what she is like really but then again, it really doesn’t matter if I know her or not, does it? Maybe it’s god’s revenge on me for being a playboy all these years." Yunho said, sounding tired and drain. Hearing what Yunho had gone through, Jonghyun felt really bad for his friend. Although, Yunho dated many girls and even multiple girls at one time, he knew that deep inside, Yunho is a really lonely person. He just wanted to forget the pain Jessica had causes him. Yunho hadn’t been able to trust any woman since that incident, that’s why, he never stayed with the same girl for more than a week. Yunho had really thought that Jessica was the one. The one he was going to marry, the one who he will spend the rest of his life with. Now, he has to marry a girl that not only parties but one that doesn’t even like him.

 

"Here, buddy. Don’t think about it anymore. Let me drink with you." Jonghyun said, grabbing his glass of soju.

 

"Mom, dad, I think you both are making a mistake here. How can you let Tiffany marry some guy just because of a promise? You will ruin her life." Chansung said, after his returned from a business conference in Italy, learning that his little sister was going to get married in eight days.

 

"Yunho is a good guy. You will feel the same way after you meet him."

 

"How is Tiffany taking it?"

 

"Tiffany had accepted it and the wedding is going to take place next month. Changsung, please be happy for Tiffany? We don’t want anymore trouble. I’m sure after you see Yunho again, you will like him, too. Remember, you both were good friends when you were younger."

 

"I’m going to see Tiffany." With that said, Chansung left the house without unpacking. He was worried about his little sister. He was surprised Tiffany didn't called him to tell him the news. Tiffany had always confide in him and talked to him whenever there was something bothering her.

 

Tiffany, who had been crying all day, sluggishly went to open the door. The minute she saw Chansung, she ran into his arms.

 

"Chansung Oppa, I’m so glad to see you. I have miss you."

 

"Tippani, are you okay? I heard the news. Why didn’t you call me? Have you been crying?"

 

Pulling away from the hug, Tiffany looked up at Chansung with red, swollen eyes, saying "I didn’t want you to worry. You were on a business trip. Oh, Oppa. What am I supposed to do?"

 

Pulling Tiffany back into his arms, he held her tightly, trying to comfort her. His little independent sister is now forced to marry someone she doesn’t even know. She had never been in a relationship before and now, she has to get marry.

 

'That Jung Yunho better be a good guy.' Chansung thought.

 

"Shhh, it’s going to be okay. Don’t worry." Chansung reassured, caressing Tiffany's head gently.

 

Looking through the wedding gowns, Taeyeon suddenly said, "Fany. Look, this will look really good on you." Today, Tiffany and Taeyeon went out to look for a wedding dress. Yunho was to meet up with them to pick out his tuxedo later on. Even though she was also looking at different wedding gowns, she showed no interests in any of them.

 

Taeyeon rushed over to where Tiffany was standing to show her the wedding gown she had picked out. Seeing the soft white 3/4 sleeve off the shoulder trumpet gown, Tiffany immediately took a liking to the dress. Taking the gown from Taeyeon, Tiffany entered the fitting room.

 

As Tiffany was still in the dressing room, Yunho came into the bridal shop with Jonghyun, who was going to be his best man.

 

"Taeng?"

 

"Jong Oppa. What are you doing here?"

 

After meeting each other at the club, Jonghyun and Taeyeon had been going out. However, they didn't know that their respective bestfriends were marrying each other.

 

"My buddy, Yunho, here is getting married. I’m his best man."

 

"Um...Yunho? Jung Yunho?"

 

"You are?"

 

"Hi. I’m Kim Taeyeon, Tiffany's best friend. We met each other at the club the other time."

 

"Oh, yeah. I remember you. Um...where’s Tiffany?" Yunho asked, looking around.

 

"Tiffany's best friend? Are you the maid of honor?" Jonghyun asked, displaying a huge grin on his narrow and sharp face, "Finally, I get to meet the famous Tiffany."

 

"Yes, I will be the maid of honor. She’s in the dressing room. She should be out in a bit." Taeyeon said, slightly blushing.

 

Just then, Tiffany walked out of the dressing room, unaware that Yunho had arrived. Breathless, Yunho and Jonghyun could only looked at how elegant and beautiful Tiffany was.

 

"What were you complaining about? This girl is fabulous. Heck, I will marry her if you don’t want to." Jonghyun whispered, nudging Yunho.

 

"Stop staring." Yunho said, giving Jonghyun a dirty looked.

 

"Yunho Oppa." Tiffany said, shocked "Um...so, um...what do you think?"

 

"Um...you look very beautiful."

 

"Thanks." Tiffany said, blushing.

 

After everyone had picked out their wedding attire, Jonghyun drove Taeyeon home while Yunho took Tiffany to his house for dinner. Although she had met them before, she still felt uneasy and nervous.

 

Getting out of the car, Tiffany was admiring the mansion when the door suddenly opened.

 

"Young master Yunho. Welcome miss Tiffany." Jae said, bowing to them both.

 

Looking up at Tiffany, Jae gave her a big warm smile, making Tiffany feel less nervous.

 

"This is Jae. He has worked with us for ages, haven't you, uncle?"

 

"Nice to meet you, Jae." Tiffany said, bowing.

 

Just then, Eunji ran up to the front door, "So, you are Tiffany, huh? I’m Eunji, Oppa's little sister. Come in." Eunji said, grabbing a hold of Tiffany's hand and led her to their living room where Mr. and Mrs. Jung were waiting. Throughout the whole night, they had a nice dinner with Eunji talking the most about how excited she is of the wedding. The two girls like each other immediately, talking about all sorts of things. Yunho was the only one, sitting there in silence. He was also surprised at the way his family reacted to Tiffany. He could tell everyone absolutely love her.

 

'She's good at acting, just like when she was acting like a discipline girl at the restaurant the first time mom and dad met her. Why is she so friendly towards my family when all she ever showed me was resentment and hate?' Yunho thought.

 

In between dinner, they were also talking about the wedding which Tiffany had suggested a small one and for their relationship not to be exposed at work. She didn't want to feel uncomfortable working there with people gossiping and calling her Mrs. Jung Yunho. The Jung's, being such an influential family, initially wanted a big fancy wedding. However, under the circumstances, they agreed to Tiffany's request.

 

After dinner, Yunho took Tiffany to see their future house which Mr. Jung had bought for the newly couple that was only a few blocks away from their house as a wedding gift. Once they had walked throughout the whole house, Tiffany was very happy because it has a nice lake in the back.

 

'Wow, this is just like my dream house. I wonder what marriage life will be like.' Tiffany thought, standing out in the baloncy as the sun started setting.

 

Turning, she stole a glance at her future husband.

 

'I wonder what life will be like in this house with Tiffany. Will it ever be a real home?' Yunho thought, quickly glancing at his future wife.