Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 22

 

After taking Chansung and her parents to incheon international airport, Tiffany rushed to a meeting with the artistic director, who was collaborating with her on her new ad campaign. As she was running towards the restaurant where the meeting was to take place, she bumped into a man who was walking in the opposite direction. She fell, dropping her briefcase.

 

"I’m so sorry." Tiffany apologized, bending down to collect her things quickly.

 

"It’s okay." The unknown guy said, staring down at the frantic girl.

 

'She’s cute.' The guy thought.

 

After getting her stuff back together, Tiffany stood up.

 

"Tiffany?" The guy asked, surprised.

 

Hearing her name, Tiffany looked up and was surprised to see who it was, "Myungsoo Oppa? Oh my goodness. When did you come back?" Tiffany asked, before remembering why she was rushing and bumped into him, "Oh no, I’m late. I will catch up with you later okay? Here's my card. Give me a call and we will catch up okay? Bye." Tiffany said, and walked away quickly.

 

Myungsoo was still looking at Tiffany after she had already turned the corner. Myungsoo had met Tiffany when he was in the States. They had went to the same school, although not in the same program.

 

*Flashback*

 

That time, Myungsoo was still dating Jessica when he decided to go to the States to further his studies and learn how to better manage the hotel after he learned that Yunho is going to Tokyo, Japan. He had initially wanted to go to Tokyo but there was a mistake in the paperwork so he ended up in the States instead. It wasn’t until after he had succeeded in stealing Jessica away from Yunho that he realized he never did loved Jessica. He did it out of spite and to defeat Yunho. He continued to date her because he wanted Yunho to live in pain and agony while he also dated other girls on the side.

 

It was his first day of class and was wondering aimlessly around campus when a pretty asian girl approached him. She had a beautiful smile that brightened up her whole face and those charming eyes.

 

"Hi, do you need help? I know this campus can be very intimidating and it’s very easy to get lost. Where are you trying to go?" The unknown girl asked, stopping in front of him.

 

"Um...the business building." Myungsoo answered, not blinking one bit, afraid that if he blink, the girl in front of him will disappear.

 

"Oh, I’m actually heading in that direction. You can come with me if you like." The girl said, smiling.

 

"Thanks." Myungsoo said, smiling back, "I’m Kim Myungsoo, by the way." He added, sticking out his hand.

 

"Hi Myungsoo-Sshi! I’m Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang Miyoung." Tiffany said, shaking hands with Myungsoo.

 

From that meeting on, Tiffany had helped him adapt to the new environment. He often went out with Tiffany and her friends on the weekends. He had a crush on Tiffany back then and had expressed his feelings for her, however, she rejected him, saying that it was better that they remain friends. Myungsoo really liked Tiffany but didn’t want to lose her as a good friend. After a year in the States, he decided to break up with Jessica for good. She was a burden to him and would get in the way of him pursuing other girls. Tiffany remained carefree and cheerful around him, displaying no special feelings towards him. Boa was in some of his classes so they also developed a good friendship. However, Boa never met Tiffany. After his third year, he gave up on pursuing Tiffany and returned to Seoul after his program had ended. Tiffany didn’t mention to him that she was also going back to Seoul.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

'She's still so stunning and cute as before. I wonder what she is up to now?' Myungsoo thought.

 

Later that evening, Myungsoo decided to called Tiffany. He had waited since their incident to call her. He didn’t realized how much he had missed her until he saw her again. All the feelings from back then flooded back in him so unexpectedly.

 

"Hello. Tiffany Hwang speaking."

 

"Hey Tiffany. It’s me, Myungsoo."

 

"Hey Oppa, glad to hear from you. I'm sorry about before."

 

"It's alright, I understand. Do you want to meet up and have dinner? I really want to catch up."

 

Flipping through her planner to see if she had any schedule, she said, "Sounds good. I will be done in half an hour so where do you want to meet up at?"

 

"Do you know deux amis restaurant?"

 

"Yes, I do. I will see you there in a little bit then."

 

Half an hour later, like what Tiffany said, she met up with Myungsoo, chatting and reminiscing their days in the States happily.

 

"I remembered that. Do you remember when Tae and I were locked out of our apartment? We were so miserable we went and crashed over at your place then the power went out. You told us that we were bad luck because since you moved in that had never happened before." Tiffany said, laughing at the memory.

 

"I know. You guys even used up all of my hot water, too." Myungsoo said, laughing "Oh, I also remember your egg dishes." "Hey, they were very good dishes. Anyway, what do you do now? Working for your family hotel like you had planned?"

 

"Yeah. What about you?"

 

"We are enemy then because I work for red ocean." Tiffany said jokingly.

 

At the mentioned of red ocean, Myungsoo became somber. He hated that hotel. He hated the Jung's and especially Jung Yunho. Ever since he was little, his dad had always compared him to Yunho and had always made him serve Yunho. When his dad had worked for the Jung, he would always say 'Go help Yunho', 'Don’t hurt Yunho or you will get in trouble', 'Why don’t you behave like Yunho?', 'Why aren’t you smart like Yunho?'. It’s always about Yunho. He was sick of being compared to Yunho so he had vowed to beat Yunho and never be less than him in anyway.

 

"Hey, why don’t you go over to work for a real hotel? I will give you a good position."

 

"Wow, real strong business rivals I see. I will consider it if you give me extra good benefits. I’m just joking. I’m sure L hotel is really awesome but they are treating me good at red ocean." Tiffany said lightheartedly.

 

Just then, Myungsoo spotted Yunho entering the restaurant.

 

'Speak of the devil.' Myungsoo thought.

 

"Will you excuse me for a bit? I need to go to the ladies room." Tiffany said, standing up and walked towards the ladies room.

 

All the thoughts of Yunho was stirring repressed pain inside of him. How he wanted to declare to the world that he was better than Jung Yunho.

 

"Yunho. Hey, buddy." Myungsoo said, grinning slyly.

 

Yunho was in a good mood that night and was about to meet up with some friends for dinner since Tiffany had said that she had ran into an old friend and was having dinner with him. Yunho had faith in their relationship and had struggled internally to overcome his past and start trusting Tiffany some more. He was very happy with his marriage and hope that by their one year anniversary, which is in one month, they will be a real married couple, fulfilling every essence of the word marriage.