Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 26

 

Yunho woke up to the sunlight that broke through the window, glaring at him the next morning and feeling like he was ran over by a truck. Looking around, he saw the disorganized state of his room as he hit his head, trying to get rid of the throbbing headache that was plaguing him when he noticed that Tiffany wasn't next to him. Suddenly, last nights event flashed through his mind. Everything was a blur to him with a lot of shouting and screaming. Then it struck him of what he did last night was unforgivable because it was then that he learned of his wife’s ity.

 

'Oh god, what have I done? Fany, have never been with any man before but her past? What she told me before?' Yunho thought, confused 'Fany is...? Why didn’t she tell me? Damn it Yunho! What did you do this time?'

 

Tiffany had been up way before the sun even graced the clear blue sky and had stood at the lake behind their house for several hours while thinking. She would often go there when she needed a place to think or to be at peace. Looking down at the lake blankly, her eyes started to moved towards the woods where she and Yunho had shared such a beautiful and passionate kiss. She couldn’t shed even a tear anymore if she tried because all the tears in her had dry up. Her life had turned upside in just one day. Her happy marriage and gentle husband had turned into a scandalous affair and Yunho had turned into a violent beast who was possessed by only anger and revenge.

 

Getting out of bed, Yunho went looking for Tiffany to find her out by the lake. Staring down at his wife from the baloncy, he felt a sharp pain in his heart. He had hurtled Tiffany. He had his own wife. Suddenly, it occurred to him that he had been in this position several times before, looking down at a figure near the river closes to his hotel. It was then that it dawned on him that the girl he had seen so many times earlier at the hotel was indeed none other than his own wife.

 

'Oh, Fany. It was you at the river at the hotel all this time. I felt something the moment I saw you out there. Is this what people call fate? But Fany, what were you doing in a hotel with Myungsoo? Was something going to happen that night if I hadn’t come or was it just an accident?' Yunho thought, before he went downstairs and headed to the backyard. Slowly and quietly, he started walking towards Tiffany who didn't even seem to notice his presence. She was wrapping her arms around herself, looking straight ahead with dull and cool eyes. Unexpectedly, Tiffany felt someone wrapping his arm around her but didn’t move. She still stayed there, motionless and unaffected by his touch.

 

"Fany, I’m so sorry. I was drunk and wasn’t myself. Please forgive me? I didn’t want our first night to be like that. I don’t know what overcame me." Yunho said remorsefully, waiting for Tiffany to say something but the only thing that he heard was the wind.

 

"Fany, please say something? You can yell at me, hit me, scream at me but please, just don’t stand there?" Yunho continued, still getting nothing from her in returned.

 

"I know I should have let you explain. I’m sorry. Fany, please say something?"

 

Tiffany didn't want to let Yunho's words affect her decision. She had thought about the past days’ events, from the pin, to the magazine, to last night. She was tired of trying to be Yunho's wife. If being his wife mean having to deal with him and his lovers and then get accused of infidelity by him, it was something she was incapable of dealing with. She just wanted to marry a normal man who loves her and has complete trust in her. The first incident was understandable because she had come off as a party girl but since then, she hadn't done those things anymore, yet last night still happened. She could understand why Yunho was upset but the least he could do was listen to her explain. It hurts her deeply to think that trust doesn't exists in their relationship. What is love without trust? Besides, Yunho almost hit her last night. What if he didn’t stop next time and really hurtled her? Did she want to bring up the pin and the magazine to Yunho? After some awkward silence, Tiffany finally spoke up softly with a determined undertone, "I want a divorce." Before removing Yunho's arms from around her waist.

 

Yunho stood there, shocked, at the words that came out of Tiffany's mouth.

 

"Fany, I..."

 

"Oppa, this isn’t working." Tiffany said, "I can’t deal with all of this. I agreed that me being with another man at a hotel isn't right but Myungsoo is my friend. He was drunk in the streets and I couldn’t just let him wander around the street in the middle of the night. I did what any friend would do. I took him to a hotel so he will be safe and off the streets. I didn’t know where he lives. That is the true story so it's up to you to believe it or not but I’m tired."

 

"I believe you. I do and I’m so sorry. Fany, please?"

 

With that said and done, Tiffany walked away. Tiffany had already packed her belongings after she woke up but for some reason, she didn’t feel right about leaving without telling Yunho. Yunho ran after her but only witness Tiffany loading a suitcase into her car and driving away.

 

Kneeling down on his living room floor while looking longingly out of the window, tears started trickling down his face.

 

'I ruined my marriage. I really do believe you. I’m so sorry. I really love you, Fany, but I was afraid to lose you. I should have listened to you. I should have listened.' Yunho thought.