Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 3

 

It was a clear and sunny Saturday as Tiffany accompany her dad to the country club. She liked to go to the country club to relax while her dad goes and play golf with his friends. She was supposed to meet Taeyeon later for a game of tennis but right now, she was sitting on a lounge chair by the pool, enjoying the delightful sunray. Mr. Hwang was just walking back to the club house with a few of his golfing buddies when he heard someone calling him from behind.

 

“Changho?! Excuse me but are you Changho Hwang?!” A man, who looked like he was around his fifties, asked. Mr. Hwang turned around and came face to face with a very familiar figured. It only took him a second before he recognized it to be his long lost friend, Jung Yejun, whom he hadn’t seen for over thirties years.

 

The two old friends hugged each other happily before walking towards a nearby table, chit chatting.

 

Changho and Yejun were very good friends when they were in their late twenties. Changho grew up in a wealthy family that owned a construction company. The same company that Chansung was working at now. For Yejun's family, they were into the hotel business. The two men met in college and kept in contact for many years. Both families had done business together and grew closer as the years past by. However, unfortunately, one of Yejun's financial advisors has embezzled a substantial amount of money that led his hotel into bankruptcy so they had to sell all their possession to pay off their debt.

 

*Flashback*

 

Changho and his wife, Mihee, were sitting opposite of the Jung's. Nearby, two young boys, one five years old and the other two, was playing with the eight year old Miran. Next to Mihee laid a beautiful toddler girl that just e year old.

 

“Yejun, please take this? We know you are in a difficult situation right now. We have been very good friends and I’m happy to help you. Maybe one day, my family will need your help in returned.” Changho insisted, as he passed a check to Yejun.

 

“Changho, I don’t know what to say. I can’t possibly take this. This is a large sum of money and I don’t know when I will be able to repay you back.” Yejun said.

 

“We don’t need the money now. It's just lying in the bank. Just take your time. I trust you and your family. Please take it?” Changho said adamantly, and gave Yejun a reassuring smile.

 

Suddenly, little Yunho ran up to Tiffany and started playing with her.

 

“Daddy. Mommy. The baby is smiling at me.” Yunho said happily, as he gently took Tiffany's little fingers and smiled back at her. Tiffany up looked at Yunho with her wide, dark brown, almond-shaped eyes that seem to twinkle and started giggling.

 

The parents smiled at the innocent scene.

 

“Yunho, you really like Tiffany, don’t you?” Mrs. Jung asked.

 

“Mommy, can we keep her?” Yunho asked innocently.

 

Suddenly, an idea pop into Yejun's mind.

 

“Changho, I will take this money but only if you agree for Yunho to take care of little Tiffany for the rest of her life. This is the least we can do for your generosity. I want to make sure your daughter will be well taken care of. What do you think?” Yejun asked.

 

Turning to looked at his wife, they both smiled at each other before nodding in agreement. They both agreed that it was a wonderful idea since Yunho was a very kind and smart boy.

 

“Yunho, how would you like it if Tiffany becomes your wife?” Mr. Hwang asked.

 

“If it means I can play with her all the times then yes!” Yunho exclaimed.

 

The adults started laughing. They told Yunho to give Tiffany a kiss on the cheek as a seal to their arrangement. Blushing bright red, he leaned down and kissed his little bride-to-be.

 

Several years after the special visit from the Hwang's, the Jung's moved to Seoul to get a fresh new start. Due to Yejun's talents in the hotel industry, he was able to get a very high paying job and was able to pay the Hwang's back the money that he borrowed a few years back. After his family moved, business became more hectic and adjusting to the new lifestyle was hard for the Jung family. After the Jung family moved, the Hwang also moved to the USA. Although numerous attempts were made to keep in contact by both families, they failed because both families experience tough times due to the economic crash that lasted for several years. The economic was so bad that the Hwang decided to move back to Korea.

 

When both families had achieved success once again, contacts were already lost.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Mr. Jung explained how he and his partner had open up a hotel in Seoul fifteen years ago called hotel red ocean. His partner didn't have any family and has been a part of the Jung household for many years since when his family was in Busan but sadly, his partner died eight years ago.

 

The men were having such a good time catching up that they forgot the time. As Mr. Jung was talking, Tiffany walked up to her dad. She turned to looked at Mr. Jung and gave him a respectful nod and smiled.

 

“Daddy, I’m going to go home. Tae said she won’t be able to make it to our tennis game. Besides, it’s getting late." “Oh, this must be little Tiffany!” Mr. Jung exclaimed.

 

Tiffany didn't recognized Mr. Jung because she was too young when both families were still in contact but Mr. Jung recognized Tiffany right away for her beautiful eyes. Tiffany gave her dad a goodbye kiss and said her goodbye to Mr. Jung before walking away, towards the parking lot. Mr. Jung smiled as he looked at Tiffany until she disappeared.

 

Turning to looked at Mr. Hwang, he said, “I still remember our little agreement, I hope you do, too. It’s the least we can do to repay your family. Besides, this will make our families even closer.”

 

“Of course, I do!” Mr. Hwang exclaimed.

 

Both men turned to looked where Tiffany had disappeared minutes ago, took up their glasses and made a toast.